Author Topic: Attention All Users Regardng the Free Server  (Read 11994 times)

heather valentine

• View Profile
Attention All Users Regardng the Free Server
« on: August 28, 2005, 04:41:32 pm »
hi all

you know i like all of you very much
*smiles*
having a bad day i guess
id like to address all of you about it
Related to zabaware files,such as skins haps etc
and so far its not been easy.people from the forum have been asking me
why not many people are contributing files to the uplaod folder
you all have upload privlidges,not sure why you dont use them
Claude so far has been one of the successful people at doing so
if you are not sure how to upload or where to upload to Claude or i can tell you

theres only one uplaod folder there
upload-Zabaware-members
which is outside of the folder
vip-Silver-Zabaware-members

no other folders you can downlaod to but the
upload-Zabaware-members folder

its only uploadable and not downloadable
for these reasons
they are scanned for trojans and viruses first.
then they are placed inside th folder called

A1-New incomming files-skins -Htr-haps etc

where you can download them
thats done for simple reasons

its all done for your ptotection
please people start uploading your creatings to the upload folder

please place files there,please contribute for other members
be conciderate of other people so that they may also have files
that you have created

thank you for your help in advance

[V]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 11:07:07 am by heather valentine »

Dreadstar

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 10:27:46 pm »
Heather Valentine,

First I would like to say Thank You for your help.

I have hundreds of hours making my "Tara Skins" although it may not look it, the process was massively time consuming.

In fact I have tried to improve on it with limited success.

Currently I am working on a completely new process that should really push the limits on 3D Hal characters, I have been working on this process for approx. 6 mos and will have a Website up in the next few weeks.

My point is that I have chosen to give these examples away for "FREE".

Therefore I would ask that you take my "Dreads Babes" folder out of your Download folder unless it is totally "FREE".

I am sure you can understand my reasoning.
Thank You

Eric
"Imagination is greater than knowledge" Albert Einstein

heather valentine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 12:32:57 am »
yea sure dred ok
i really wanted to wait till i see some people contributing some files so othercs can downlaods them before i even make an attempt to chatge a
$5.00 admission feee for membership?
if peopel s start to upload simple things liek skins ogg and haps there wont be ay reason for me to shut down that area or charge anyone $5.00
so if you wish for me to wait to see what happens its up to you
let me know and ill remove them
email me and i may be able to respond faster as im not always logged in here and never get an email telling me i have a repl;y :(
thanks again
sorry for the delay
and if i have any more of your things in there thaty are not labeled please point it out to me and ill remove them
thank you
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 12:36:46 am by heather valentine »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 12:35:02 am »

My dear Miss Valentine,

I notice the question within your posting   "...people from the forum have been asking me why not many people are contributing files to the upload folder."

I can only speak for me but possibly my reason for not doing so is similar to others.

I do sometimes go to ftp servers and when you first mentioned your server I tried to go there and got some sign or something saying I don't have permission.
Then you mentioned if we have trouble to use an ftp client.
I downloaded one you suggested, I think it was "smart client" or something like that.
And I installed it and found that Smart wasn't so smart after all in that it conflicted with something else on my computer with the result of freezing my computer and giving my screen the "blue death" until finally three days later as I dragged my p.c. from the depths of Hades with a vow never to use another ftp client.

Now the conflict was no ones fault.  Certainly not yours and not mine; maybe the "smart people", I don't know, maybe not even them; but when I get burned I notice it and usually then attempt to conduct myself in the responsable manner of not making the same mistake twice.

heather valentine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 11:08:19 am »
talk to Claude so that he may guide you ion the right direction
if you have trouble with any ftp clients

Another Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 07:58:12 pm »
Sadly, I have to agree with the others Heather.

I started somewhat suspicious of the motives but thought I'd just sit back and judge based on actions.  But unfortunatly even the thought of watching someone soliciting uploads on a virtually daily basis only to see the other profit from your work would be a heart breaker!  Would there be intent to share  some of the membership fees you consider collecting with those that created the work you have on your server....who knows.  But frankly, I am thrilled that Robert opened up a file area for just the purposes of many many folks that have come to not only enjoy their 'Hal' but in their own way to personalize it, modify it to suit their tastes and so on.  It's unfortunate that while I am hearning so much about the need to upload files to your server, at what cost....to the neglect of using an already public domain forum which is already linked to one of the best websites I know of and which easily allows you to click to other areas for excellent advice and thought sharing.

Thank you for your imploring us to use your server, but frankly I see this forum as superior.

Take care, and good luck.

stephen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 08:15:17 pm »
Amen,Jim! =so be it!

heather valentine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 12:07:06 pm »
hi
first id like to add that
i dont profit from zabare skins and haps lol
i wante peopel to uplaod them so others can have them
i havent even used hal in months
i just like helping peopel and feel bad
when isee others wont give a hand to shaer so others from here can download,the files are not for me if this is what you are saying
i dont need the files.
they are for the peopel here
and as far as the forum for being superior.i agree when it comes to
being a place where people can excahnge ideas.but the s4erver is not always working and the ermails come back alot saying users unknown
so thres a problem with the server here as well

claude

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 05:09:42 pm »
My Dear friend Valentine,
I have prepare several skins, to put in the folder " zabaware " of your site. I hold has say has all members of zabaware, that my friend Valentine, and very devoted, and possibilities of putting all your creations concerning "Ultrahal", will be for us all a permanent enrichment, and also to be able always found your files, in the case of a reformat. My friend Valentine and your Friend, give you the possibility of being able deposited your files, in your personal folder, it is entirely for you. It is a big favour which give us has all Valentine. Valentine gives you your code of entered personnel, and had you your folder has you only the insurance of finding, and also your files, without any problem. Valentine is my friend of always she is tremendous, save "Ultrahal", and let us invent heaps of things for "Ultrahal". my sincere best regards my friend Valentine, and my friendship has all members of zabaware.

claude

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 06:02:28 pm »
good morning has all,
I have a lot of trouble as my friend Valentine, because I know that for me she is really a very nice girl, and I think that she has a very sincere heart, she believed please has very those that likes to have "Ftp", and she was hard hurt by insults envoy in mail. It is really sad, Valentine is my friend, and it hurt she a lot of, to have so much poor judgement against its kindness. It is all that I can say to defend qualities the best of my friend Valentine, that is really a very honest girl.[V]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2005, 02:17:50 pm »
Just to go back a bit, the reason why Heather was letting people use her server was because a lot of people couldn't upload bigger files on to the Zabaware forum, not to make money.

Heather only jumped in to help out by offering some space so that those experiencing problems could make their skins and things available to people.  In fact her attempt at this was to promote the free distribution of Hal things - so I say well done and thanks to Heather.

Please don't think otherwise as if you read back over the posts in the forum you will see that to be the case.

I don't know if Heather also runs some other ftp service that she charges for, but that is her business.  But it has to be said that she wasn't doing anything like selling peoples skins off.

I hope that gives a fair balance to the concerns over her motives.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 02:23:58 pm by freddy888 »

Heather_Valentine

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 02:52:25 am »
thank you guys
that was some very kind words
you posted for me
i was happy when i woke up and
had read my emails from most
of you especially

[:)]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:52:58 am by Heather_Valentine »
moved to digital girls site

stan44

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 10:47:58 pm »
im uploading some oggs... just some random songs i like >.< i have nothing els to give out :(

thats my prob i dont have any thing to give unless ya want music >.> lol i got over 500-600 songs..... i can convert all to oggs :D
but yea im kinda thanking why some peaple dont upload is 1: nothing to give 2:are idiots [lol] or maybe thay dont wona and just wona leech X( i dont like leechers >.< why im given a few oggs.. least i can do.. now maybe if i can figer out a way to make models and skins easyly i can maybe then give some skins untell then if ya want japaneses music or orchistra or goth or some thing i can maybe upload ^.^

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 12:13:16 pm »
stan i am one of those people who dont understand everything about ftp servers ect. but i would be interested in some of your ogg files could you possible zip and email me a few i would appreciate it or let me know some of the genres you have available. thanks ~~ alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

TNT101

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 12:32:00 pm »
cant seem to access any of the files. everytime I try accessing a folder is asks for a user name and longon