Author Topic: Knowledge text files  (Read 2484 times)

Lish

• View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/tvalisha
Knowledge text files
« on: March 30, 2004, 01:44:05 am »
Me again
  The little bugger starting to respond, still pretty dumb but its a challenge. So  now that I am commited or will be soon if i spend to much time with HAL. the question is:
  Are there any ready made text files (knowledge file) written to feed HAL. I saw that another program AIAgent(is that a dirty word in here) has such files.
  Secondly if any one has experience with these files what format would i use. Meaning short factual statements, or longer round the subject things,
  Worms are icky.
  or
  Worms are slimy little creatures that I find Icky.
   ( I will teach him better things I promise, difference between entopy and enthalpy, first he has to remember his name )

Lish

HALImprover

• View Profile
    • BrianTaylor.me
Knowledge text files
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 02:14:29 am »
It is best to teach short (but not too short) sentences to Hal in the form "<subject> is something" or "<subjects> are something". You wouldn't actually put the <> symbols, it's just an example. The point is to relate the information very directly with words like "is", "are", "was", etc. Words like "might" or "could" are a little harder for Hal and i'm not sure if he will learn the same way from sentences with those words.

As for the text file question, send me an email and I will send you a small (40kb) text file every week with common knowledge for Hal to learn. For example, "Trees have leaves", "Leaves are green", "Leaves are a part of a tree", etc. I've been collecting common things for Hal to learn and feeding them to him a bit at a time. I find it best to keep the "learning sessions" down to about 40kb.

Hope that helps [:)]
Living life with a loving heart, peaceful mind, and bold spirit.