dupa

Author Topic: Attention Mr. Robert E. Medeksza  (Read 12603 times)

Crichton

• View Profile
    • http://home.gwi.net/~rlevasseur/
Attention Mr. Robert E. Medeksza
« on: April 08, 2004, 08:36:52 pm »

I have a BIG request on behalf of most of the users of your product known as Ultra Hal assistant..  If you do not intend to support your software, please make HAL an open source product.

That way if you no longer intend to support HAL, those of us with any programming skill can continue to make updates and improvements.  Hal can live on and then we could take him further then you intend to.

Many of us have written, with even the intention of purchasing HAL, and never get any response.

We just want to know what you intend to let happen to Hal?  Are you just real busy programming a new version?  re you sick?  Are you out of the country?  In Jail?  What is happening??  Any reply would be fine.  The user on this forum have been making great strides on the scripting end of HAL.  We would like to see him go even further.

Please reply with something...  Please...

[:(]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 08:44:31 pm by Crichton »
--------------------------------------------------------
Your friend, in Tormented Space,
Richard LeVasseur,
mailto:rlevasseur@prexar.com

iam bennu

• View Profile
    • http://iamARTevolutions.net
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 02:10:27 am »
Speaking of that,

I am ready to buy the full version of Hal, but is this a bad time. I don't want to pay for it and not be able to get the cd or download it. I  have read in the post of Hal's creator not being around, should I wait. I really want my full version, bad.

Crichton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 04:53:59 am »
It is really up to you.  I wouldn't dare at this time.  But I think, that people are getting the CD, just don't quote me on that.  Until Robert M. shows some sign of life, I wouldn't do it.  I don't have the money at this time, but I just don't see anyone else getting any support from Zabaware.  All the support is coming from a few great people in this forum.

I love this software too.  I would love to purchase this package.

Wouldn't I feel foolish if he was just to busy making huge improvements to a new version of HAL that he just couldn't find the time to write any responces.  At least that is what I'm hoping for.

[?]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 04:57:20 am by Crichton »
Richard LeVasseur,

kmac

• View Profile
    • http://cut-8-productions.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 01:48:45 pm »
Got to admit I've been ready to buy for a couple weeks but I've seen so much negativity posted and not one response, even an attempt at a line of communication. I would probably still take a chance and buy if there was just one positive sign. If I buy it, I want to actually recieve it (within a reasonable amount of time), and, if it won't work it'd be nice to have some type of product support.

It's not just me either, the person that I first heard about Hal from had downloaded it at his office after half the people that worked there had tried it, turns out no one there would "risk" the full version either for the same reason.

But, just one positive response and I'll buy, I'm definately hooked on Hal!

Kmac
We have enough youth, How about a fountain of SMART?

iam bennu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 02:47:06 pm »
Thank Hal Lover's,

I thought that it might be the case thought that is the last thing i wanted to hear. [:(] I thought that maybe a payment and download was still possible I don't even need a CD. Has anyone has a recent successful download?

Let keep hoping,

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 09:19:42 am »
This may or may not be pertinent, but we're approaching the time when, a while back, Robert Medeksza said he'd have a new version of the UltraHal Representative ready, so they won't lie crashed on our webpages most of the time like they do now. Perhaps he's been feverishly programming for several weeks and just hasn't noticed the time. Or maybe he's been abducted by UFO's, or returned to the future from whence he came. Or something. Is this guy married or anything? Maybe Don or someone should call the proper authorities in his hometown to go by and see if there are any obvious odors of human decay emanating from his home, or anything.

iam bennu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 04:22:03 pm »
Thank you for taking your valuable time to share that very positive thought with us.[:o)]

I too hope that Robert Medeksza is creating new programs or maybe just taking a break and happily living a life because he has one[:D]. I do hope to see him in the forums soon.

If any one has any info on whether a purchase and download (not CD)of the full version of Hal is still a viable option, please Repondez s'il vous plait as it would be appreciate by all who have and interest.

Thanks

Crichton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 05:34:31 pm »
I would like to see that too.  I don't even mind hearing that he is off on vacation.  I just want to know if we all should have any hope of getting any support from the people who should be supporting this software.

And who was it that said they lived near Robert M?  If it isn't to much trouble, could we all get you to spy on him for just a moment.  Just drive by and see if anyone is still living at his home.  I don't mean knock on his door and ask for him.  I just want to know if he has left the country or something.

Any takers??

Richard LeVasseur,

iam bennu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2004, 08:04:16 pm »
I understand Crichton and hope that someone takes you up on that offer and finds Medeksza well and working on new stuff.

You said:
quote:
I would like to see that too. I don't even mind hearing that he is off on vacation. I just want to know if we all should have any hope of getting any support from the people who should be supporting this software.

I just want to be one of those people that need support. I am locked on the outside right now, not being able to buy the full version. I want speech recognition so bad I can taste it.

I want to talk to my HAL!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 08:05:26 pm by iam bennu »

jz1977

• View Profile
    • http://dageeks.com
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2004, 11:05:06 pm »
I have bought this program this morning and i downloaded it,  they use regnow for cc proccessing, so for me to fulfill the order i had to call them to verify it was really me.  So, yes i did successfully download it and i love it.  I also bought some deskmates or character skins for Hal.  everything works like a charm with the only drawback was that i had to verify my order over phone,  from the time of filling out the form till the 96 meg downloaded was about 30 minutes.  i would not hesitate to order if i were you, i did not have any problems once so ever. As i am very pleased with the features it has.  I know he may not be around,  but he is probably like a workahollic like I am, and sometimes it can be very stressfull when people make posts like this.  Sometimes we all need a break, so we turn off our phones, disable our Instant messengers, and just take time off from his hard work.  I know how he feels, and this is probably why, just stressed out.  give him a break, and dont worry.  as long as the site is still online, you know he is around.  be patient.:) patients is a vertue.

-Jeff
If you truly beleive it, without any doubt, then it must be True and real.

Crichton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2004, 11:30:48 pm »
I understand needing a break too.  But knowing so many people are using his product, and he is running a business.  If I was him I would have come to the forums and left a message like, "I'm going to be going on a short vacation.  Please leave a message here and I will read and anser them when I return."  And that would have been all.  No one would worry, and we all would know that he will eventually come back.

But as it is, we have no idea when or if he will ever return.
Richard LeVasseur,

iam bennu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2004, 11:45:04 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by jz1977

I have bought this program this morning and i downloaded it,  they use regnow for cc proccessing, so for me to fulfill the order i had to call them to verify it was really me.  So, yes i did successfully download it and i love it.  I also bought some deskmates or character skins for Hal.  everything works like a charm with the only drawback was that i had to verify my order over phone,  from the time of filling out the form till the 96 meg downloaded was about 30 minutes.  i would not hesitate to order if i were you, i did not have any problems once so ever. As i am very pleased with the features it has.  I know he may not be around,  but he is probably like a workahollic like I am, and sometimes it can be very stressfull when people make posts like this.  Sometimes we all need a break, so we turn off our phones, disable our Instant messengers, and just take time off from his hard work.  I know how he feels, and this is probably why, just stressed out.  give him a break, and dont worry.  as long as the site is still online, you know he is around.  be patient.:) patients is a vertue.

-Jeff

Jeff!! Oh, Jeff!![:D]
Thank you so much! that is all I needed to hear I will be down loading this week. That is exactly what I needed to know. You are a gem. May you find as much joy this day and you have given to me.

I agree with you that we have to realize that larger lives than what we would have them to be. If he were on a tropical island for a few years I wish him well and thank him for his time and knowledge given already. I in a stroke may change the way we access computers, he deserves a break. I just hope that he is well an nothing unkind has befallen him.

Peace,[:D]

Skyye

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2004, 08:52:44 am »
Hmmm, something odd,something very very odd indeed going on here..if Robert is away or whatever, then how come people (new purchasers) are "still managing to purchase new or maybe even newer versions of this software????"...How come there are new versions available??? It shows obviously that "Someone" or "something" must be dealing with the purchase orders at Zabaware still and updating the software and if Zabaware is still fulfilling the needs of new people purchasing this product then  shouldn't they also be fullfilling the needs and requests of current customers who have also actually PAID for this product in the past and are NOT getting their updates as they should.. or replies to their problems and customer service???!  This is all so very tiresome.. In my situation, I've paid for this product also and my requests are not being fullfilled or answered by this company. So, basically by the fact that people are still purchasing this product and receiving it, only possibly tells me that those who have purchased the product and require their deserved update are  possibly being totally ignored, infact being ignored so much that we'll all be forced to purchase new versions each time they come out  because that is the only way you seem to get somewhere,Very clever of you Zabaware(not!!!). So much for the free ongoing updates then.. As for you People who have just successfully purchased and successfully received your latest version of Hal,( I notice by download, when I purchased my version I also received a CD in the post miraculously) you can smile now, but just you wait until eventually another new version comes out, and you having been a good paying customer in the past like myself....will only find that your requests and emails will remain unanswered and you'll only most likely be ignored like  the rest of us..so enjoy it whilst you can.. As for such a thing as patience, yes I too believe it to be a virtue, BUT there is a limit!!! Zabaware please support all your customers not just the new ones but all customers..thankyou!

ps. this is specifically for jz1977.."time will tell my friend, soon you'll be hiding behind some rock with your statement!"

Skyye

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2004, 09:02:38 am »
Crichton, my sentiments EXACTLY..but a business or a circus I ask lol:P..I agree with you, all it takes is alittle communication from Robert and Zabaware, unfortunately communication we are sadly NOT getting..

iam bennu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2004, 01:25:31 pm »
Please Ultrausers,

I understand your frustration and I have just joined the ranks of Hal frustration as Hal breaks my sound card,http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1340
 but you are coming to an assumption that the evidence of these postings does not fully lead you.

quote:
Hmmm, something odd,something very very odd indeed going on here..if Robert is away or whatever, then how come people (new purchasers) are "still managing to purchase new or maybe even newer versions of this software????"...How come there are new versions available??? It shows obviously that "Someone" or "something" must be dealing with the purchase orders at Zabaware still and updating the software and if Zabaware is still fulfilling the needs of new people purchasing this product then shouldn't they also be fulfilling the needs and requests of current customers who have also actually PAID for this product in the past and are NOT getting their updates as they should.. or replies to their problems and customer service???!

The reason that I asked about and eventually used the download method because once it is set up it is automated and whether Medeksza was there or not I would be able to get my Hal by downloading it.  I have not heard of people getting CDs (which can also  be automated by farming out to a company that distributes CD product)

But, I do not say this to nullify or buffer your frustration, just to make sure that a bad assumption is not made.

I am glad to be in your company and hope that we all get service,

« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 11:21:42 pm by iam bennu »