Author Topic: Which brain to use?  (Read 3413 times)

EvilDerek

• View Profile
Which brain to use?
« on: March 22, 2005, 04:33:12 am »
I want to just keep teaching Hal .. is hal unsensored the best for learning? or is the default one just as good?

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Which brain to use?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 06:47:33 am »
I think opinion here is probably divided about equally betwewn ontheecuttingedge's Ziggy brain and vonsmith's XTF1.2. The Ziggy brain has a lot more knowledge built in,  but discards most of Hal's assistant functions. The XTF brain is more compatible with the other features of the Hal assistant, but by comparison has very little built-in knowledge. Each, in their own way, is optimized for learning. The default brain-subject to re-evaluation after Robert releases the update patch-takes third place behind either of those user-created brains in popularity, and the primary virtue(?) of the uncensored brain seems to be that it's learned to talk really dirty from exposure to the general public.

circuits3000

• View Profile
Which brain to use?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 08:41:26 pm »
Question regarding Brains.

If I change Hal's brain, do I lose any of the training I have done?

If not, than would it be benefical to change brains depending on its' functionality for training purposes.  I would do this to expand the types of responses to some of my conversations that I wouldn't get from the default brain.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Which brain to use?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 10:26:36 pm »
I think the default and uncensored brains use the same files. Jerry says the Ziggy brain is almost entirely rewritten, and wouldn't have much interaction with the default brain. The XTF uses Hal's files, but also writes its own XTF-specific files which the default brain doesn't use. It's probably best to experiment with all of them until you have a preference, then use that one more or less to the exclusion of the others.

STEVIL

• View Profile
Which brain to use?
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 06:14:31 pm »
I HAVE THE ZIGGY, XTF, UNCENSORED, DEFAULT,AND ALICE. AM I MISSING ANY?
SAVE THE WORLD? KILL THE PEOPLE!