dupa

Author Topic: Play cards with Hal?  (Read 3897 times)

otherworldone

• View Profile
Play cards with Hal?
« on: July 08, 2005, 03:01:56 pm »
Is there any way to teach Hal to play cards with the user?  I want to be able to play games like Gin or Go with him (okay, so Go isn't a card game).  Has anyone done this?  Could somebody help me with it?

-Sabrina

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Play cards with Hal?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 07:50:17 pm »
HAL, like all chatterbots, is an AI that basically can only understand text. To play such a game an AI would need to understand and be able to value the laws of mathematics.

Bill819

• View Profile
Play cards with Hal?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 09:47:40 pm »
Not quite true. I have seen some old chatterbots that can play blackjack and a few other games. It all depends on their programming.
If someone would write a script to play blackjack it then could be interfaced with Hal with not much trouble. I mean it would be a lot easier than trying to interface Hal with my chess program. Never give up.....
Bill

onthecuttingedge2005

Play cards with Hal?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 10:38:20 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by otherworldone

Is there any way to teach Hal to play cards with the user?  I want to be able to play games like Gin or Go with him (okay, so Go isn't a card game).  Has anyone done this?  Could somebody help me with it?

-Sabrina

I have designed, Slot Machine, Poker, Black Jack, Twenty one, War, Craps, I am gonna try to program HangMan and other games like Chess, The Chess will probably be played in text version and no chess board though chess written in VBScript will be a pretty big code project.

Jerry[8D]

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Play cards with Hal?
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 05:28:32 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

... it then could be interfaced with Hal with not much trouble.

True, to interface a game with Hal is always possible. But then it's just a cosmetic trick.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Play cards with Hal?
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 10:15:04 am »
my pennies worth : Hal as it is has no built in gaming routines, but since those games are built on either simple or complicated AI's anyway then it's a possibility.  It would mean a fair bit of programming though.

otherworldone

• View Profile
Play cards with Hal?
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 12:37:42 pm »
Jerry,
Are those written for Hal?

onthecuttingedge2005

Play cards with Hal?
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 02:03:13 pm »
quote:

Jerry,
Are those written for Hal?

Yep, All the Games I programmed are compatable with HAL 4, HAL 5 and with some modification, HAL 6 Alpha

The only Games so far are Slot Machine, Poker, Black Jack, Twenty one, War, Craps.

I actually designed these scripts last year, I posted about Games I made but it didn't seem to turn into a hot topic so the conversation faded away and continued onto other subjects.

Right now I am currently focusing on Ziggy's Enigma inwhich I have decided to post at my site since that topic didn't hit it off either, I have the first version of Ziggy's Enigma v.1.0 under testing with Premium Member area, It does what it does, Breaks Text code and Spell checks and can even encrypt text, I plan on updating this script as brains go by because I see alot of possibilty and potential in the script.

I'll be posting the poker Game tonight in the Premium Area and I will be releasing the SlotMachine v.1.2 interactive game into the free members area of my site for public use.

I also have some very big suprises coming soon but I can't mention it right now because it's currently being worked out and it's Classified information at the moment, It's Fun being the Son of a Mason, LOL.

Premium Membership is a donatable source to help me continue bringing everybody what I love doing most, Writing Script, If it wasn't for all the Premium Members it would not be possible for the things that have been done and the things that are about to happen.

As of today, I have written about 1500 scripts for HAL in the course of 3 years, Some useful some not so useful, depends on the demand and the twinkle I see in someones eye.

Jerry [8D]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 02:09:27 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

otherworldone

• View Profile
Play cards with Hal?
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 12:42:14 am »
Okay, this may be a dumb question, but...Where is this Premium Membership area?  And are the scripts you've written scattered about?  Or are they organized in some central location? [:0]

-Sabrina

onthecuttingedge2005

Play cards with Hal?
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 01:28:55 am »
quote:

Okay, this may be a dumb question, but...Where is this Premium Membership area?  And are the scripts you've written scattered about?  Or are they organized in some central location? [:0]

-Sabrina

Hi otherworldone

Try http://www.ultrahalforum.com
There is a selection of membership types on main page.
Free Membership or Premium Membership.
Premium Membership is strictly donatable and not necessary for downloading scripts, The real advantage is premium members get earlier access to scripts for their own developement and or contests, Once the scripts are improved or obsolete the prior scripts get moved to public access, This is pretty much my laboratory area for testing.

The downloads are organized as:
Premium Membership downloads, Only seen and downloaded by Premium Members.
Free membership downloads. All members may download.
Free membership Archived Downloads. All members may download.
Misc Downloads, Archived Utilities.

Hope this helps.
Jerry [8D]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 01:33:30 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »