Author Topic: Adding positive quotes Ultra Hal to Hal 6  (Read 2538 times)

snicolaou

• View Profile
Adding positive quotes Ultra Hal to Hal 6
« on: March 07, 2006, 05:10:41 am »
=========================================
Could you please someone shoe me how to add a database of positve quotes from the Brain editor of Hal 6? What I want is to ask Hal "please tell me a positive quote" then Hal will randomely pick one that I have already entered in Hal's brain editor.
The quoestion is how do I do that since the documentation of Brain editor is not complete.

thanking you in advance,

a newbie,
Stelios Nicolaou
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 05:22:01 am »
quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

=========================================
Could you please someone shoe me how to add a database of positve quotes from the Brain editor of Hal 6? What I want is to ask Hal "please tell me a positive quote" then Hal will randomely pick one that I have already entered in Hal's brain editor.
The quoestion is how do I do that since the documentation of Brain editor is not complete.

thanking you in advance,

a newbie,
Stelios Nicolaou

If you could, give me a run down of how you would teach HAL and what you'd like HAL to Learn, I'll see about making you a plug-in just for that purpose, Have you tried teaching HAL Positive Quotes yet?

Jerry[8D]

snicolaou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 08:04:43 am »
Hi Jerry
thanks for your quick response.  I have tried to teach Hal to say positive quotes but the results were not that good.
What I do have is two documents in microsoft word full of positive quotes.  Any time I want some "encouragement" I would simply ask to Hal 6
Stelios: Please give me a positive quote
Ultra Hal : " Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and            carefully   starts to sing while it is still dark."
Stelios: Please give me a positive quote
Ultra Hal : " Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again."
Stelios: Please give me a postive quote
Ultra Hal: "Many tasks can be completed a little at a time, but only if you get started right now"
Stelios: Thank you Hal

You see what I want is a way to store many positive quotes; then, every time I will say to Hal "Please encourage me," or "Please give me a positve quote," Ultra Hal will randomly choose one from a database of many positve quotes.

I hope I was helpful and clear

Thanking you in advance Jerry,

sincerely,

stelios Nicolaou [:)]
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 01:51:14 pm »
Hi snicolaou.

You can download your Plug-in Positive Quotes for HAL6
at:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3089