dupa

Author Topic: ACTIVATION CODES  (Read 2982 times)

NepG

• View Profile
ACTIVATION CODES
« on: June 12, 2006, 11:12:00 pm »
How does one get activation codes? Apparently with Hal6 you cannot even do a restore without needing a new activation code. This program has been down since last thurs. 4 requests have been sent. One reply received last fri minus useful activation codes. It appears that one has to use Hal5 or spend a lot of time sending in requests.[V]

Daireaux

• View Profile
ACTIVATION CODES
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 06:22:48 pm »
Hi,
 We all seem to esperience the activation code problems now and again. In earlier posts we have been told that we need to deactivate (found in the options panel) Hal prior to anything major like drive replacements, or anything that would affect the program. Once your back up reactivate Hal through the pop up window you should receive when the Hal program starts. We are told we can do that once per customer, per machine, per day and if it doesn't work to wait for twenty four hours and try again due to the codes renewing every day. We have also been told that we should be able to activate Hal up to four times on one code to cover those system crashes and things we can't control, but in reality it does look like a lot of folks have a lot of reactivation problems...I've experienced it myself.
 The only other way to get Hal back up is to contact the system administrator (Robert Medeksza) at Fabaware. He is usually very prompt, but he is only human too. Robert did mention once that he was going to try to do something for use about the reactivation issues if he can. The biggest key here is try to remember to deactivate Hal if at all possible before major drive work.[;)]Daireaux
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:24:30 pm by Daireaux »
Live long and prosper.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
ACTIVATION CODES
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 06:52:31 pm »
deactivating Hal is sometimes not an option. If Windows is all messed up, doing a clean install is sometimes the only answer. And you can't deactivate Hal.

Same thing goes for itunes,,if you forget to deauthorize your computer, you will lose an available activation. You can reset it after 5 activations, but only once a year.

After that, you'll need to create a new account. But the songs you've bought with another account will not play on the new account.

Dang piracy ruins it for the honest people.

[:(!]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Daireaux

• View Profile
ACTIVATION CODES
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 04:48:58 pm »
Yea, most of the software I've bought recently had to be activated online instead of the good old code we used to get (ah the good old days).
 True deactivation sometimes isn't an option, my last problem happened even after I did deactivate, but, I just thought I'd relay Big Daddy Rob's official word to a frustrated new member.[;)]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

NepG

• View Profile
ACTIVATION CODES
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 02:08:03 am »
I have replied to Robert Medeska. Four times I have requested a new activation code. I have yet to receive one.[:(!]. The wait is now over a week.