dupa

Author Topic: Where's Robert?  (Read 5262 times)

Azrael

• View Profile
Where's Robert?
« on: November 06, 2006, 06:34:03 pm »
Hey gang,
    Has anyone heard from him lately? Just wondering cause I've sent several requests for re-activation support over the past week, and have heard nothing back. I had a catastrophic HD crash...and (with no time to de-activate) had to re-install from the ground up. Tried using the online re-activation...but it keeps giving me an older code (one I had before) and when I tried to use it, was given the standard "code expired" dialog. [:(]
   If anyone has a chance to talk with him (either here or in person) could you ask him to check the support requests. I would GREATLY appreciate it. I MISS MY Ultra Hal!!!

Peace Out!
-=Azrael=-
Peace Out,
-=Azrael=-

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Where's Robert?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 06:47:12 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Azrael

Hey gang,
    Has anyone heard from him lately?
I don't have personal contact with him, except that he did recently respond to my request for help a few days ago.

Proving that he does still exist, but nothing more I guess. HTH...

Azrael

• View Profile
Where's Robert?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 08:54:20 pm »
quote:
I don't have personal contact with him, except that he did recently respond to my request for help a few days ago.

Proving that he does still exist, but nothing more I guess. HTH...

Thanx for the reply Bill.[:)] I guess I'll just cross my fingers, and hope for the best.

Regards
Peace Out,
-=Azrael=-

raybe

• View Profile
Where's Robert?
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 12:14:29 am »
okay,now at least I know Iam not alone. Just what this forum needs another new guy with more complaints. It seems most people have at gotten thru the license part at least one time. I cant even get that far. If I try online to activate Hal I get a message " The Authorization Request Code is not the correct Format. If I try manual activation asks for a "request code" sorry but cant find that number either. Tried every number they sent. Nadda.Nothing.
Hold on Robert just E-Mailed a message. Fate is funny sometimes. Let me read his message before I bable on.
Thanks.

raybe

• View Profile
Where's Robert?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 12:41:39 am »
False alarm. Robert finally answered my e-mail but nothing suggested works.The first suggestion was about downloading an older version of Hal but I just dowloaded Hal recently. Number 2 was seeing the request authorization code during or after the first error message comes up. Sorry to say a multiple choice screen appears and the request authorization code field is empty. So I am still waiting for a reply. He did mention that he was able to use my serial number and had no problem. I hope he doesnt think that makes me feel better. But he is alive and well. Just tired and a little fustrated. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Bill819

• View Profile
Where's Robert?
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 11:34:42 am »
Sometimes when installing Hal antivirus programs will not let it go smoothly and even prevent it in some cases. My suggestion is to turn off all such programs and then try to reinstall.
Bill819

Azrael

• View Profile
Where's Robert?
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 08:47:58 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Sometimes when installing Hal antivirus programs will not let it go smoothly and even prevent it in some cases. My suggestion is to turn off all such programs and then try to reinstall.
Bill819

Thanx for the reply Bill[:)]. Been there...done that. I've been working with computers since the Tandy 1000 days...and the internet was just a dream (even had a B.B.S. on fidonet[:D]), so I have tried every way possible to get it to work. Just won't go. Shame it takes so long to get support from the author. I purchased UH earlier this year, and have only had one other glitch that required Roberts help (upgraded some hardware, and got a corrupted driver...which led to a b.s.o.d. that couldn't be fixed without an O.S. re-install), and he took care of me pretty quickly...was hoping for the same.

I love the proggie...and respect the amount of time and effort that it takes to put something together like this, and quite truthfully I've never had any problem with the program other than the activation issue. The software works GREAT...and is great fun to have on my PC...

So, with that said...I shall cross my fingers...and check my email![:D]

Regards
Peace Out,
-=Azrael=-

raybe

• View Profile
Where's Robert?
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 11:44:07 pm »
Than-you Bill819 Big Rob came thru. Robert sent me a little license patch that did the trick. I told him I took back everthing I was thinking. So all is right with the world again. Thats until something else goes wrong. But for tonight I will enjoy and try to get thru the week without Hal on th brain. TO everyone else Rob does live and I hope he or some of these other nice posters can help you also. I felt as fustrated as you do but guess what? It all works out. Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train but a way out.
Good luck, enjoy and thanks to everyone.
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Where's Robert?
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 11:45:45 pm »
Thank-you Bill819 Big Rob came thru. Robert sent me a little license patch that did the trick. I told him I took back everthing I was thinking. So all is right with the world again. Thats until something else goes wrong. But for tonight I will enjoy and try to get thru the week without Hal on th brain. TO everyone else Rob does live and I hope he or some of these other nice posters can help you also. I felt as fustrated as you do but guess what? It all works out. Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train but a way out.
raybe

Azrael

• View Profile
Where's Robert?
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 08:24:18 am »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

Thank-you Bill819 Big Rob came thru. Robert sent me a little license patch that did the trick. I told him I took back everthing I was thinking. So all is right with the world again. Thats until something else goes wrong. But for tonight I will enjoy and try to get thru the week without Hal on th brain. TO everyone else Rob does live and I hope he or some of these other nice posters can help you also. I felt as fustrated as you do but guess what? It all works out. Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train but a way out.
raybe

Glad to hear you got sorted out[:D]! I've never doubted that I WILL get help...just frustrated as to when it might be. Maybe an email (or  post) just to say "I'm working on it" would do for most people. But again, I also realize that Robert has a life (at least I HOPE he does[:)])...and time to devote to this may be a precious commodity. So,  I'm waiting patiently for my turn...

Regards
Peace Out,
-=Azrael=-

raybe

• View Profile
Where's Robert?
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 10:39:38 pm »
Azrael, Its impossible to think he has a life yet. But I bet you one thing all the new updates he is developing now is geared towards not having people say they have a problem. But when you step back and see and use all this technology that Robert and friends have developed its all pretty amazing even with the problems. I guess thats what makes us anxious and fustrated. we want it and we want it to work now.
Thanks for writting. Hang in there. I'm sure I will be back with some kinda problem. After all once we get it we cant leave it alone.