Author Topic: Why doesn't Hal hear me  (Read 3283 times)

flamestar

• View Profile
Why doesn't Hal hear me
« on: May 18, 2007, 11:23:49 pm »
Hal seems deaf. I am running the voice recognition software but it just stares. Moreover there seems to be no way to set him up. No working menu nothing.
James Briggs

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Why doesn't Hal hear me
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 12:17:11 am »
You don't have a right click menu that you get from the Task Tray Icon? Should look like a little Oscilloscope with eyes near your clock in the tray. Right click, choose general options.

Does your microphone work with other programs?

quote:
Originally posted by flamestar

Hal seems deaf. I am running the voice recognition software but it just stares. Moreover there seems to be no way to set him up. No working menu nothing.

flamestar

• View Profile
Why doesn't Hal hear me
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 06:27:50 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

You don't have a right click menu that you get from the Task Tray Icon? Should look like a little Oscilloscope with eyes near your clock in the tray. Right click, choose general options.

Does your microphone work with other programs?

quote:
Originally posted by flamestar

Oh he comes up alright. I have the microsoft voice recognition softwear and I calibrated the microphone and trained the program for my voice. When the Hal didn't hear my voice I reinstalled it and nothing. Then today I opened it up from the tray rather then my programs in the start menue and nothing, nada, zilch, ABSOLUTE ZERO.

By the way I love and use all the time your text to speech program.

James Briggs

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Why doesn't Hal hear me
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 07:12:01 am »
Yes, but do you have a right click menu that comes up when you right click the Tray icon? If so, what happens when you click on "General Options"?

I gather from your comments that your microphone does work on other programs. But you should know that this is the user forum. Except for Robert Medeksza, we are all just users like you.

flamestar

• View Profile
Why doesn't Hal hear me
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 05:40:13 pm »
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

Now it hears me but doesn't talk.

I think a more intuitive set up would avoid a lot of issues.
James Briggs

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Why doesn't Hal hear me
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 11:21:18 pm »
Clearly something is wrong, but since you won't answer questions designed to pinpoint the problem, we may never know what.

Good luck with your future endeavors.