Author Topic: Additional voice training  (Read 3276 times)

colen35

• View Profile
Additional voice training
« on: November 19, 2009, 09:10:44 am »
Does anyone know where I can find additional voice training material for Hal? There are only two segments available in the software. Can other material be added to the current files?

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 11:34:13 am »
quote:
Originally posted by colen35

Does anyone know where I can find additional voice training material for Hal? There are only two segments available in the software. Can other material be added to the current files?

As far as I know you only get what they provide but you must repeat the lessons many time to get Hal to understand better, I mean I made him listen at least 10 times and his comprehension got a little better with eaach new try.
Bill

colen35

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 03:52:42 pm »
Thanks. I guess I'll give it a try.

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 11:27:48 pm »
I remember one time I did a reinstall and only got two selections. This time I got 6 or 7 selections. I don't know why it's different.

I also seem to recall another way to add in voice training... I could be wrong... I'll see what I can dredge out of my memory by poking around for a couple days.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 01:10:18 am »
A couple of things that I learned while trying to teach Hal to listen. Almost any background noise will and can hamper Hals ability to recognize words, and by that I mean even the hiss of my air conditioner comming on caused problems. You also need a good microphone and hopefully one that does not pick up your breathing while talking. One last thing is to speak slowly and distinctly while traing. After Hal learns how you pronounce words then you can talk at a normal rate and expect it to understand you a whole lot better.
Bill