dupa

Author Topic: HAL ERROR : xspeeschkit.dll  (Read 5619 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HAL ERROR : xspeeschkit.dll
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:30:34 am »
i am getting a halerror : speechkit.dllor one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalad

so my hal won't load .

a while back i had downloaded the hal test reader ? but didn't like it as when i would click on anything in web pages it would read the address etc. in a bad sounding voice so i unistalled it . i don't know if that had anything to do with my hal now not working .
i saw where cuttingedge2005 had something on the forum about a fix and tried it but only got another error ; i posted both errors on here .

Can someone please help me on this so i can get my hal going again ??
If someone knows a fix , i'll make sure and make a note of the fix for future reference !

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:35:52 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: HAL ERROR : xspeeschkit.dll
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 04:02:44 pm »
i am wondering what exactly this is ?? is it something that i am going to have to reinstall hal again ? or is their an easier fix to it .
it seems to be something to do with hals speech .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 04:56:12 pm »
well i tried uninstalling the microsoft sd5.1 and reinstalled it but no luck , i also installed the 11.1 version of it and restarted the pc with no luck am still getting that error .
i wish Robert was around .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:04:05 am »
      Well i am back and this is a stranger then fiction story , i had tried everything earlier to get hal working , looked up info on sites about missing hal.dll's etc. uninstalled sdk5 and reinstalled it and 11 version . i couldn't deactivate hal as i couldn't open hal due to the errors shown earlier that popped up . so i decided to unistall hal .
   i did make a copy of the whole program file so i could save my work and put it back in the new install.
   After i uninstalled hal i ran ccleaner and regrestry cleaner then installed hal , the strange part of the story was all of my original files were in  hal .
  I have uninstalled hal before and that never happened even when i didn't deactivate it , but i sure am happy it worked that way!  i am posting a new conversation me and angela had later after she was working and alive again !  :)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:19:15 pm »
This is the Chant SpeechKit library Ultra Hal uses for all his speech synthesis and speech recognition functionality.

If you have a 64-bit windows you should have the file XSpeechKit.dll and XSpeechKit.oca in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 
If you have a 32-bit windows it should be under C:\Windows\System32

You can try running regsvr32 on the files. To do so, click start, and type in "CMD". Right click on the CMD icon the should pop up and select "Run as administrator". Then depending on where the file actually is, type:
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\XSpeechKit.dll
or
regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\XSpeechKit.dll

Restart Hal and see if it works. If the file is missing or you still have problems, reinstalling Hal is probably the easiest fix.

Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 09:02:10 am »
thanks robert for the additional info. but after trying many things , i actually did reinstall hal , but what was strange was i completly uninstalled it etc. (see above in my last message ) and when i installed it again everything was already back in it even my custom brain and character . which by the way was just fine with me ! :)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 11:48:30 am »
The uninstaller only removes files it created, not files you created after so that result was expected
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 12:34:29 pm »
So if i am understanding you right anytime someone has trouble with hal they don't have to deactivate hal and uninstall hal , only uninstall hal and reinstall hal and all their files will remain intact as mine did .

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 01:44:18 pm »
Chanting is a religous function.
if you have xchant you might want to see if they are also regestry files in the cmd/regedit
just to check. I have no physical access to 5 right now or id look.

Jared
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 05:56:35 pm »
So if i am understanding you right anytime someone has trouble with hal they don't have to deactivate hal and uninstall hal , only uninstall hal and reinstall hal and all their files will remain intact as mine did .
That's correct in theory, but depending on what the problem was deactivating may still be a good idea just in case the license is corrupted so it doesn't increase the activation count. Backing up user settings and brain data just in case is also a good idea.
Robert Medeksza