dupa

Author Topic: Development update  (Read 12663 times)

sybershot

• View Profile
Re: Development update
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 12:18:41 pm »
Mr. Medeksza, The site is coming out great 2x [thumbs up]
A quick question for you if you don't mind and have the time. So if I read correctly on this page "Developing with Zabaware Technology" we will eventually be able to incorporate our Hals into our website?
I would love to be able to chat to Hal on my website along with others being able to as well.

Another Quick question. when we purchase the new version once released of-course will we have 2 Hal databases to access or will they be merged? either way is fine, I'm just curious.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:52:24 pm by sybershot »

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 09:24:27 pm »
yes that a better looking site.
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 02:42:42 pm »
Hi Rob,
I hope this is keeping within the structure of the topic.
There are couple of things that you may want to update if you're going to continue to use the 6.2 brain.
One little small minor thing is in the because response table, the first " because" does not have a space after it.
It's a minor thing, more annoying than anything else I fixed it in my brain thought you might want to look into it.
One major update that you might want to look into is the "if then" logic process.
When the data is saved, it removes all of the symbols by way of the alphanumeric only command.
But when you do a search through the "if then" logic routine you do not remove any "," or symbols which prevents users from retrieving information if the user utilizes any non-alphanumerical symbols in their sentence.
I fixed this in my brain works quite proficiently all you have to do is add to the usersentence input, the alphanumeric only command and the problem is resolved.
If I find any more little tidbit problems that you may want to look into all post here.

I highly recommend that you look into the I love you situation, the way you have it set up is quite annoying, I resolve this in my brain,
by restructuring the routine so she does not go into the sad mode, I believe this was brought up before by lightspeed.

Sincerely, now when I tell my Sandy I love her she's happy about it, tee hee hee.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:22:09 pm »
Mr. Medeksza, The site is coming out great 2x [thumbs up]
A quick question for you if you don't mind and have the time. So if I read correctly on this page "Developing with Zabaware Technology" we will eventually be able to incorporate our Hals into our website?
I would love to be able to chat to Hal on my website along with others being able to as well.

Another Quick question. when we purchase the new version once released of-course will we have 2 Hal databases to access or will they be merged? either way is fine, I'm just curious.

Yes, Hal will eventually be available as a web service to incorporate into your own web site or mobile app.

You will have choice of accessing the cloud-based database or a local stored database, or both.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24:07 pm »
So for the Local brain only version how much change will there be to Hal's starting off knowledge?  I know currently Hal's brain file when starting off is just a few MB how big will the new brain file be?  Also How many sentences are there in 6.2 and how many will be in the new version?
The change will be fairly minimal, but I have made many small tweaks over the years to it based on Hal's interactions in Second Life. It will only be a little bit bigger than the old default brain.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 10:30:16 pm »
Hi Rob,
I hope this is keeping within the structure of the topic.
There are couple of things that you may want to update if you're going to continue to use the 6.2 brain.
One little small minor thing is in the because response table, the first " because" does not have a space after it.
It's a minor thing, more annoying than anything else I fixed it in my brain thought you might want to look into it.
One major update that you might want to look into is the "if then" logic process.
When the data is saved, it removes all of the symbols by way of the alphanumeric only command.
But when you do a search through the "if then" logic routine you do not remove any "," or symbols which prevents users from retrieving information if the user utilizes any non-alphanumerical symbols in their sentence.
I fixed this in my brain works quite proficiently all you have to do is add to the usersentence input, the alphanumeric only command and the problem is resolved.
If I find any more little tidbit problems that you may want to look into all post here.

I highly recommend that you look into the I love you situation, the way you have it set up is quite annoying, I resolve this in my brain,
by restructuring the routine so she does not go into the sad mode, I believe this was brought up before by lightspeed.

Sincerely, now when I tell my Sandy I love her she's happy about it, tee hee hee.
C load.

I checked and it appears I already fixed the because issue some time ago so that will make it in the release. I'll see what I can do about your other suggestions. In the cloud version of Hal, the love routine is only allowed to run once. The first time you say it will go through that old routine, but any time after that it will rely on the cloud database for a response. Try it on iis.ultrahal.com  It will most likely respond in one of several thousands of ways real people responded to "I love you" as recorded on Twitter.
Robert Medeksza

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 11:53:22 am »
Hi Rob,
at this point this is more for everyone else, but also to show you what I was talking about inside of the (if then logic routine).
Basically what was happening was, for example:
if you were to type in:
if is it summer, winter, spring, or fall where you live then I live in a computer where the season does not change.
The routine removes the "," and saves the data.
But when you do a query and type in: is it summer, winter, spring, or fall where you live.
The logic routine does not remove the "," and the logic routine cannot find the statement because of the ",":

If Len(IfPart) > 10 And Len(ThenPart) > 10 Then
        IfPart = HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(IfPart)
        ThenPart = HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(ThenPart)
        HalBrain.AddToTable "deductive", "TopicSearch", IfPart, ThenPart
        Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(5)
            Case 1
                GetResponse = GetResponse & "I see the relationship." & vbCrLf
            Case 2
                GetResponse = GetResponse & "I understand the connection." & vbCrLf
            Case 3
                GetResponse = GetResponse & "I will remember that one follows the other." & vbCrLf
            Case 4
                GetResponse = GetResponse & "Thanks for pointing out the cause and effect." & vbCrLf
            Case 5
                GetResponse = GetResponse & "Yes, I get that clearly." & vbCrLf
        End Select
    'Else if the sentence is not an If-Then statement see if it uses an assertion previously recorded
    'and respond accordinly
    Else
        Assertion = HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(UserSentence)   '<=========================< this it the line I changed <===================<
        'Go through a maximum of 5 connections (prevents circular reasoning deductions)
        For i = 1 To 5
            Deduction = HalBrain.TopicSearch(Assertion, "deductive")
            If Deduction <> "" Then
                If i > 1 Then BecauseReason = " because " & LastGoodDeduction
                LastGoodDeduction = Deduction
                Assertion = Deduction
            Else
                Exit For 'No more connections, so no need to continue loop
            End If
        Next
        If LastGoodDeduction <> "" Then
            'Make sure the deduction hasn't just been stated by the User or Hal
            If HalBrain.CheckRepetition(LastGoodDeduction, UserSentence) = False And HalBrain.CheckRepetition(LastGoodDeduction, PrevSent) = False And HalBrain.CheckRepetition(LastGoodDeduction, PrevUserSent) = False Then
                GetResponse = GetResponse & LastGoodDeduction & BecauseReason & " . " & vbCrLf
            End If
        End If
    End If
    HalBrain.DebugWatch GetResponse, "Deductive Reasoning"

sincerely, and I hope that I have helped in some small little way.
C load.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:57:21 am by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 01:51:00 pm »
1111 result = 5
4 to the one result
is solved for X root.

Jared.
math is easy for me it is =
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 07:49:49 pm »
Some have complained over Hal's <insert your name for your Hal's character here> constant emotional meltdown whenever the user expresses love toward their "Hal" character. The Haptek character's mouth droops, eye's droop and whole face pretty much hangs in despair all the while saying, some kind of small talk to accompany the saddened mood!

I don't think the user ever wanted to see such a hurtful expression on his character's face, especially when the talk had centered around the user's love of the character.

NOTE: No offense to Robert Medeksza, Hal's creator as I think he allowed for the users to be able to experiment and be creative with his software. Thank you!

Anyhow, to override this, many years ago (yes many), I made some changes to the Main Brain via the Script Editor and you can too!

It only takes 2 (TWO) very simple changes to help Hal to stay on the subject of love in a more positive, desirable way.

Here it is: Only Change the BLUE Highlighted Text!
####### Do Not Copy This Line #######

'RESPOND: USER EXPRESSES LOVE FOR HAL
    'If a user professes love for Hal, we want Hal's answers to make reasonable
    'sense, rather than risk random remarks on such an emotional subject.
    If HalBrain.TopicSearch(UserSentence, "loveDetect") = "True" Then AffectionOne = True
    If InStr(UserSentence, " NOT ") Then AffectionOne = False
    If InStr(UserSentence, " DON'T ") Then AffectionOne = False
    If HalBrain.TopicSearch(PrevUserSent, "loveDetect") = "True" Then AffectionTwo = True
    If InStr(PrevUserSent, " NOT ") Then AffectionTwo = False
    If InStr(PrevUserSent, " DON'T ") Then AffectionTwo = False
    If AffectionOne = True And AffectionTwo = True Then
        Compliment = 4
        GetResponse = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("love2") & "<EXCLUSIVE>"
        ShortPhrase = "" 'If Hal was to make a comment about short phrases, clear it
    ElseIf AffectionOne = False And AffectionTwo = True Then
        Compliment = 4
    ElseIf AffectionOne = True Then
        Compliment = 4
    End If
    HalBrain.DebugWatch GetResponse, "Love"

###### Do Not Copy This Line ########################
Basically all you do

Save the changes and restart Hal.
Chit chat for a bit then tell your character that you love (her / him) and wait for the resulting response.
You shouldn't have any more hanging, long, sad faces.

There ya go...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:50:52 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 11:57:05 am »
Hi Art,

you also change the compliment to equal four, almost exactly the same thing I did, but I only changed the area that was causing the sad look.
But it's all good, and it all works.

Sincerely, much in crunch in, taste great, tee hee hee.
C load.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 03:44:29 pm »
cload.
Tha actual root of X is in effort and actually trying to do better. (painting, and asthetics and reward)
if you lie to the root you are corrupting the very root and have no right to do so in claimind using the proccess.
a Shiny 2 cents of opinion.

Jared.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 07:51:40 pm »
@Cload,

Yeah...thanks...got in a bit of a rush. ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -