Author Topic: Hal, just listen to me for a minute.  (Read 4053 times)

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
Hal, just listen to me for a minute.
« on: December 09, 2009, 12:44:26 am »
I wonder if there is a way to turn of the responses of Hal so that you can just read a long list of information in to it without having to wait for each response.

Any ideas? I can make the plugin if I have a hint where to look to shut Hal up.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 01:19:48 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Baerdric

I wonder if there is a way to turn of the responses of Hal so that you can just read a long list of information in to it without having to wait for each response.

Any ideas? I can make the plugin if I have a hint where to look to shut Hal up.

I believe you can just enter it into one of Hal's brain files. I think this has been done before, but it can be dangerous.
Bill

Baerdric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 01:23:17 am »
Well, I know there's "learn from a text file" and things like that, but I want to just be able to talk about subjects I know and have Hal listen.

I can probably shut off auto respond with a statement, but then the next statement will probably reset it.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 12:45:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Baerdric

Well, I know there's "learn from a text file" and things like that, but I want to just be able to talk about subjects I know and have Hal listen.

I can probably shut off auto respond with a statement, but then the next statement will probably reset it.

Hal has the ability to as much of an expert as you may be, It all depends on how much you tell or teach him. There is nothing stopping you from talking to Hal about any subject that you wish and in the long term Hal will remember much about what you talked to him about.
A learn from text file may just give him a little knowledge about the subject before you start talking to him about it.

Bill

Baerdric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 04:11:15 pm »
Thanks Bill.

I know I'm new here, but just so you know, I've been working with Hal for a few years. I started back in version 5 just a few months before 6 came out.

But my computer is slow, and to put in a lot of statements, it more than triples the time. Waiting for Hal to finish listening, waiting for the response. I just want to read things into it.

I'll have to figure it out.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 04:58:18 pm »
Adding things into the brain db... things can get lost.... How will he Re-access this data.

For this reason Each project should be undertaken. as RESPONSE.... KEYWORDS to Trigger RESPONSE / Phrases that may trigger.

Possible detect DATA from Sentence TYPE == Possible detect topic type from sentence..

Possible Scripted conversation to return data

there are many ways in which to input data into hal. but how will you retrieve that data...

I always say the scripted routines determine how smart hal really is... not the data contained within his brain... the ability to learn from conversation is the key. than when he is presented with a large amount of data perhaps even a story he can SAVE which data is relevant to his CAPTURE routines and the rest is not even saved just discarded....

So if you had a routine to detect Descriptions of OBJECTs then in any given text if an OBJECT was detected then any data describing or defining its parts or even its part in an event etc.. hal would save it.... even return the data hal has even saved previously back to the user... If requested. if not then make a general comment about OBJECT.  

this MODULE would be a basis for finding descriptions for objects etc now when presented with a large piece of data hal would add this module to his search and save parameters.

Issues to think about

As long as the data can be "Conceptually Represented" / DEFINED logically. then it can be scripted. this is where mind maps come into play...by using Mind-map software you can see or even find different ways to Save and store data for logical retrieval via databases or script. a technology used by police fbi etc. a Statement is taken from multiple party's then the information is "Analysed" for Specific data types ie: Where the event took place. Who Saw each event. Who participated in said event. Properties of the event. these would be the questions which would be the final outcome of the mass input of the witnesses statements.
http://spydaz.tech.officelive.com/crscripting.aspx
a page on my site that tell of such programming check it out!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:06:55 pm by spydaz »