dupa

Author Topic: Neo speech Voice  (Read 21005 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Neo speech Voice
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 08:21:43 pm »
Hal doesn't come with the NeoSpeech voices but offers them, included with a text program as a plug-in for Hal. Check PLUG-INS on main page.

Hal can use any SAPI compliant TTS voice. A lot of people like the Paul & Kate voices (they ARE very good). There's also Cepstral and L&H as well as many others. The L&H can be found for free. Most other TTS voices are in the $24 to 35 dollar range (there are exceptions).

Basically, any TTS voice that shows in the pull down window (that's been installed in Windows) should work.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

mr_cassandra

• View Profile
Neo speech Voice
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 04:41:16 am »
Maybe I have it confused but thought when I ordered ultra hal it came with them. On the inside of the cd it says
'after installation select neospeech paul or neospeech kate' as your voice in ultra hal tts reader.
Also the cd label says 'includes neospeech'

Plus I can see kate and paul folders have been installed.

Any further ideas appreciated.
steve norris

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Neo speech Voice
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 07:23:20 am »
Sorry for any confusion. I don't know whether they're included on the CD (my Hal was obtained through download). In your case the voices might be trialware, in which case you will have to purchase them after an expiration period.

If you can see them but cannot use them (hear the speech), do the HapSapiCfg thing as follows and see if that works.

Shut down Ultra Hal then:

Try running the Haptek SAPI setup program found on
your computer at:
C:\Program Files\Haptek\player\data\HapTTS\HapSAPISetup.exe
(double click the HapSAPISetup.exe file)
Reload Ultra Hal, select your 3D face and try it again

Keep us posted on your progress.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 07:24:19 am by Art »

- Art -

mr_cassandra

• View Profile
Neo speech Voice
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 02:14:14 pm »
Found the solution. If you have bought the ultra hal with neo speech voices, like I did, you need to select 'custom' install, rather than 'typical'.

When you choose 'custom', the option to install kate and paul appears; you select them and they are then available for selection when needed.
steve norris

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Neo speech Voice
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 02:53:33 pm »
That's good to know, Steve and I'm sure it will be of benefit to others that purchase via CD.

Let us know how you and Hal get along!

- Art -

NCWeber

• View Profile
    • http://www.afrodiseum.com
Neo speech Voice
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 04:03:36 pm »
It's been a while, but I have a couple of new MSAgent characters from Guile3D.  Apparently, they do not do lip sync in Ultra Hal 6.1 like most MSAgent characters do.  Anyone know a solution to this one?

UPDATE: Nevermind, folks.  Apparently, MSAgent characters don't lip sync with foreign language TTS or SAPI 5 in Ultra Hal.  That's better than CyberBuddy.  It doesn't even register SAPI 5. :P
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:09:01 pm by NCWeber »