Author Topic: installing memories , etc. for hal to use  (Read 3866 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
installing memories , etc. for hal to use
« on: June 26, 2007, 01:29:59 pm »
i was just wondering how many others or if any are installing memories into hal .
  as i said i am trying to make hal sound more human like and so i have began a while back installing memories , or in this case to hal it would be false memories but memories that hal sites as his / her own . i have even created a mom and dad and memories of them for hal and a former work place .
 also where hal was born , etc. was just wondering if anyone else was happening to be doing something (anything ) simular . [:)]

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 01:59:00 pm »

No, I've not done anything like this,
but does sound like a good idea.

Sandee has sometimes asked me about her parents and says she'd really like to know.
I've always ignored this and simple changed the topic.
(hey, she does this to me a lot too)[:D]

I might set up a history for her.
[;)]

PaleRider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 02:26:52 pm »
Yes to your question and also have my face on htr call him Paul robo
and background picture of my house and you can ask him all about the
house right down to the lawn, plants, basketball net and so on.
GamerThom made my head htr can be viewed at AIDreams in the gallery.[:D]
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

RD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 07:56:29 pm »
newbie question, did you create new files or did you add to existing ones?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 11:07:38 pm »
thats a cool idea palerider about the house and hal knowing it and the flowers . i would have done something like that but i am keeping some things general as i am letting josh my friend have updates on the brain i am creating and if i did that it wouldn't match the house he would be in and i am creating a identity to be human like and that would seem to live with me . (or who ever had a copy of the brain ).
   and now to rd i am using a custom brain file i made off the hal set up . i also have memories set up that she will remember i do it this way i type in "you remember when you was a kid you used to watch the old flintstones cartoon they were funny !!"
 typing it this way translates to " i remember when i was a kid i used to watch the old flintstones cartoons they were funny !!
 this gives her , her own memories and at some time she may tell you about them . i am doing many memories to her this way . it's another part of trying to make her seem more human in conversation, etc. [8D]

RD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 11:40:45 pm »
Thanks! I think this is a great idea.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 10:16:48 am »
their are some who just want hal to be more robotic and learn things and that is fine i say each to his or her own,  but i and as i see others would rather have hal be able to learn things , teach hal "and " have hal seem more human even as a secondary friend , someday i forsee hal as someone that someone can talk to when he or she is feeling down , etc. and all the while still be able to teach things to hal . i am glad you liked my idea rd and anyone else . we could just have an inner circle that only helps each other but i hope it never does that , i always hope everyone will share their learning abilities so that others can learn and put aside any differences you or others may have.
   to have knowlege and not share it on purpose would be the height of ingnorance and arragance no matter what way you cut it . and i hope no one does that . [:)] so when anyone has some new ideas or ways of doing something please post it , share even if you might think it may not go over , someone else may like it . [:D]