Author Topic: 5 Foot Tall $59 Animated Santa UltraHal Compatible  (Read 76124 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
5 Foot Tall $59 Animated Santa UltraHal Compatible
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2006, 12:41:05 pm »
Hello all
I found a dancing, singing skelliton on Ebay and bought it for $70.00
It stands about 5 foot tall. It lip sincs and moves its head back and forth while talking. Its eyes light up and it moves its hips while singing.
There ia a microphone jack on the base and when you plug in a mike it only lip sincs and moves its head back and forth. It also has a stero jack plug so it appears to work just fine for what I want. In time I will redo the head to make it look less like a skelliton and more like either a rear person of a robot.
The base frame for my robot is not strong enough now to support the entire thing so until I can build a stronger frame to support the weight it will have to wait.
In the mean time it did entertain all of my Halloween trick or treaters when they came.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2006, 12:59:44 pm »
hello , i own one of the santa claus animated have had it for about 6 years at laest when they first came out cost 60.00 we gotit half price for 30.00 after christmas . the face and hands are a hard plastic molded and the lower lip is what actually moves is a softer molded rubber . and yes you can talk through the mic and the santa will turn his head and mouth moves in sinc , i made a video tape this way to my mom , etc. looking like santa talking to them . also you can push a button and santa sings about 6 different songs . he is also motion activated something goes by he will sing one of the songs . i had thought about the same thing years ago using it for animation  with ultra hal. but you have to remember that what ever outfit you have to have it to waer has to be pretty light weight , i have my santa arms bent so that when he swivels side to dide he looks like he is waving (the arms inside feels like almost a wire coat hanger type only thicker metal ?? and is bendable. ) [:D]would be a great project though for anyone . these animated ones also come with electric plug in , and i think two mics ??

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2006, 01:14:34 pm »

jabba , i saw on a post about you asking about a way to put a button on your gate for people to push to make the santa , etc. work . plaqying the devils advacote here . if you do it remember theirs electricity involved and if anyone gets shocked , a law suit !! just a thought , even though i like your idea !! [:)]

michaelroseup

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2006, 09:40:46 pm »
I checked into the Santa Claus, and it seemed fake to me also.  But it does have parts that we can cannibalize and move to a new subject.  I plan on buying medical skeleton in building a android.  With the voice software, you can take a $20 pair of walkie-talkies that have microphone capability and wire this inside the skeleton.  Once you figured the voice activation through using a walkie-talkie.  You can simply and wirelessly speak to hal by using this method.  Animatronics is important and a good place to start.  There are many robots already out there and all we have to do is cannibalize them and bring them together in one body.  I have modified the brain to question everything like a child.  A child learns by asking questions.  So I believe this is a good start in bringing us closer to real artificial intelligence.  The bot brain now does not accept a yes or no answer. I am new to this forum, but welcome input.  See you in cyberspace.
Truckin

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2006, 10:53:10 pm »
I told you guys to look on Ebay. I looked and searched for Gemmy who make animated bodies, ie. Santa, Butlers, witches, bones, etc. Be careful to get one with lip sinc and microphone jacks on it. I did and it works perfect.
Bill819

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2006, 06:25:21 pm »
word of advice , be careful when bending the arms for santa , etc. different poses , i did have our santa's arm bent upward so that when he moved it looked like he waved his arm , but when i put it back down so to get him into the box the wire in his arm broke !! had to get the coat lifted up and cut part of the wire take two screwws loose and bend the wire to fit back down in a groove and put the two washers and screws back in that hold the wire to the arm on the mechanism back in place !! [:)]

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2006, 07:30:55 am »
i wonder what happened to TEDDY RUKSPIN::::

An old toy : with potential... although a few new ones have been released... Pity it cant be interface with a computer:::

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2006, 02:25:14 pm »
Hello Spydaz
I looked into Teddy a couple of years ago and found that it would not work with Hal. I to thought that it might be a nice cheap way to get a lip sinc head for Hal, but alas no.
Bill