dupa

Author Topic: Downloaded full version won't install  (Read 2563 times)

gjcurrall

• View Profile
Downloaded full version won't install
« on: September 07, 2005, 04:39:17 pm »
Ideas welcome guys.
Just bought & downloaded the full assistant but it won't install. No errors etc. Just a quick flash of a DOS window then nothing.
Tried disabling firewall, anti-virus etc. Even followed the ridiculous MAXMEM advice until the PC refused to boot at all (nice one!). Got the PC up and running now and re-downloaded three times. Always the same. No joy !

Help HAL experts - [:(][:(][:(]

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 05:13:59 pm »
You used the word DOS so I guess you are not using XP. I think the error is related to your version of Windows missing a critical update.

Is the following link of any help?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cebbacd8-c094-4255-b702-de3bb768148f&displaylang=en

If it isn't, perhaps you should try to update your windows version by selecting the option "Windows Update" in your Start Menu, while you are connected to the Internet. That will bring you to the Microsoft website and initiates a diagnose of your system.

gjcurrall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 03:15:59 pm »
Thanks for the reply Raymond.
No, I'm not using DOS, I'm using XP with plenty of ram & disk space, but DOS is part of XP just like it was part of NT etc etc. Okay they call it a command prompt these days, but the commands are really just DOS!
I managed to get over the install hurdle by installing then removing the demo version, then trying again. Works fine! Can't quite figure whether by coincidence or not, but anyway, it installed okay.
Now my only problem is that whenever I change the voice pitch/timing under options, I get a 'runtime error 445'. Wow, wonder what the beta versions are like [:D]

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 03:34:02 pm »
http://www.longhighway.com/sandbox/xp.html [:0]

I think you have to be sure that you deleted the complete installation of the Ultra Hal demo, before installing the full version. Not only should you deinstall the demo-version by using the deinstall-option, but you better also delete the installation folders manually after locating them on your hard drive.