Author Topic: Can Hal do daily reminders  (Read 4127 times)

jefferysitz

• View Profile
Can Hal do daily reminders
« on: May 11, 2014, 12:57:17 pm »
One reason I am considering buying Hal is because I have a very bad memory, even forgetting daily tasks.  The appointment calender seems to work fine but I have not found any way to get it to speak an alarm at the same time every day.  Any help?

jefferysitz

• View Profile
Re: Can Hal do daily reminders
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 04:56:32 pm »
Ok, I found a way to get it to do a daily appointment (at least I think it will work tomorrow), you just have to type it in rather than use the appointment app.  I guess due to syntax some of the times it does not work.  The appointments that I typed in are not on the calender, so is there a way to get Hal to list them so I know which ones worked and which ones did not?

If I type "what are my appointments" it opens the appointment calender which does not list these that have been put in by hand.

jefferysitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 11:27:01 am »
Hmm. still having some problems.  It took some appointments, now when I tell it another one it repeats one that is already in there.  It would not be limited to one a day would it?

jefferysitz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 04:55:44 pm »
Still have not figured it out.  Typing in the reminders does not seem to work correctly.  Set User Defined Events allows me to set a daily reminder, but I can't figure out how to specify the time for the reminder.  Please help.  This is the primary reason for considering buying and I would really like to find out how.

jefferysitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 05:53:17 pm »
I found a post from 2010 giving the exact commands to get hal to do a user defined event.  I have used the commands to the letter but I keep getting nonsense replys and my user defined events have been erased for some reason.  This has been repeated several times.

I really do want to buy this program, but if it can't manage a simple daily reminder it is useless.

Does anyone even reply to these forums anymore?

jefferysitz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 05:57:06 pm »
Sorry for the tone of the last reply.  I have been on this problem several hours a day for 3 days and my patience is just getting strained.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 08:16:00 pm »
Since you've received no replies perhaps some of us simply don't have a decent offering for you in the way of a solution.

If you were to email Robert Medeksza I think he'd be able to advise you as he is Hal's creator.

Go to Members > Search for member > type in Medeksza. then > Send PM detailing your situation.

Give him a day or so to answer.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -