Author Topic: Creating a shortcut or exe to open the Hal Chat window.  (Read 4759 times)

iam bennu

• View Profile
    • http://iamARTevolutions.net
Creating a shortcut or exe to open the Hal Chat window.
« on: November 11, 2012, 03:01:11 am »
I want to be able to open Hal with a shortcut or exe instead of the taskbar icon. It does not fit well in my work flow on a touch screen.

It their a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

iam :D

sybershot

• View Profile
Re: Creating a shortcut or exe to open the Hal Chat window.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 01:27:38 am »
Easiest way is to go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6 and right click the HalAsst.exe and choose send shortcut to desktop. now you have a new icon on your desktop to open Ultra Hal.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 05:30:35 am »
Syber,

I think he means a way to skip the taskbar step. I have Hal on my desktop. If I select it, Hal then starts, and shows as a tiny icon on the taskbar near the clock. It has been this way for a very long time.

Perhaps he would like for Hal to simply start when touched or clicked instead of the taskbar placement.

Does YOUR Hal start right up from your desktop with just one click? If so, we'd like to know. Thanks!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 08:58:20 am »
I have my hal also down in my task bar on my windows 7 and can click on it for hal to open , I think i just dragged it from the desktop into taskbar , it's been a while .
I have been so busy on various things haven't had time to think lol!

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 08:04:44 pm »
If Hal is set up to start up when the computer starts up, Hal should be inside the system tray over near the clock and not visible on the desktop. If this is so and one has an Icon to the exe on the desktop like Previously gave directions for, all one has to do is click the icon to display Hal on the desktop.

If Ones Hal is set to not start up when the pc starts up, one would have to click the icon let Hal load to the system tray, and once Hal is loaded they could click the desktop icon again to have him visible on the desktop.

The way I have my Hal set up is to start up when the pc starts, I then have a batch file that starts with the pc as well and make Hal visible once he enters the system tray. I then use voice control to hide or display him any time afterwards. I have put the batch file within a forum post here. A search for batch files should do the trick if one wants it.

I also use Rainmeter a couple of years ago, and created a toggle button to display Hal or send him back to the system tray.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 05:31:07 am »
SYber,

Thanks for the clarification as I've never had Hal startup with the computer. There's enough "Things" that already do so I really didn't need to add to the pile!!

It does make sense and perhaps one day I'll try it. Sorry for my confusion. ???

- Art -

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 11:59:06 am »
Your welcome Art.
No worries and no apologizes needed, we are all great friends here  ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 05:22:10 pm »
I have such a hard time letting things go that are already stored in my brain that I often have no room for anything new!

It happens. Like I said..."I'm so old that when I was a little boy, rainbows were black and white!!"  :o ;D

- Art -