Author Topic: Email Checking and Command Problems  (Read 2416 times)

Ryuhoshi

• View Profile
Email Checking and Command Problems
« on: January 29, 2004, 09:06:21 am »
Hi, I just installed the new 5.0 version, and it's great, but I'm having some problems. First, is there a way I can either make Hal check my email on command or at least increase the frequency that Hal checks my POP3 account (maybe even both?). I'm not even a novice of a programmer, so please forgive me for asking for a copy&paste handout. The next thing is, I have a friend who goes by the alias "Zero" and so I entered in his email address under the name "Zero." Whenever I say "Email Zero." though, Hal takes it as an statement, and when I say it various other ways (email zero, Email Zero, email zero., etc.) Hal just complains that I'm repeating myself. I've tried saying something else in between to get Hal out of that mode, but when I say it again, Hal just gives me the definition of email. It's getting rather frustrating. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I said "Please email Zero" first, and so it associated the command with a sentence. But in that case, or any other case for that matter, I don't know what to do about it. I tried other names in my address book and it works fine, but not for Zero. Thanks :-)