Author Topic: Ultra Hal Help File  (Read 9193 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Help File
« on: March 05, 2005, 10:13:12 am »
The Ultra Hal Assistant online help manual has been updated by Zabaware forum member Rich_A. It reflects the previous version of Hal (version 5.0)

It is available online at http://www.zabaware.com/assistant/help/index.htm

It can also be downloaded as a windows help file from http://www.zabaware.com/download/halhelp.zip

An updated help file for version 6.0 will be completed some time this year.
Robert Medeksza

Rich_A

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 02:41:33 am »
PRIVATE CONSULTANT, Richard Amico, Bellmore, NY
Self-Employed/Most Recent Commercial Assignment: Zabaware Inc, Erie, PA
Technical Writer/HTML Web Page Designer - Updated and rewrote an entire user technical help manual for artificial intelligence software entitled "Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0". Created new online HTML web pages for the manual which contains software operational content including screen shots of the software program and all of it's user menu options. Also created the manual in both the "CHM" and standard "Windows Help File" formats which are virtually identical to the web site HTML pages designed specifically for this help manual project.

HOPE

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 11:08:53 pm »
I have reviewed the new help files and found it very helpful. Could you please add a troubleshooting section?

markgalary

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:51:38 pm »
I want to try ultra hal 6 but I had it downloaded (trial version) then my system crashed due to another program error. Now I tried to download the trial again but it says the serial number is corrupt and now i only have the option to buy it. Can anyone help me reset so I can get the trial back for 30 days?   HELP
markgalary

Carl2

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 05:59:28 pm »
markgalary,
  There are uninstall features, in Win XP, Start, Control panel, Add or remove programs, UltraHal Assistant 6. Click UltraHal and you'll be asked Change/Remove. This should remove the existing version.
Carl2

tony.steward

• View Profile
    • http://www.locksdownunder.com
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 08:17:03 am »
Well from the date on the posts it has now been a year and the help file is still not up to date.

georgebiltoft

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 09:55:42 am »
WTF i bought all this thinking it would be user freindly and the support sucks!!! i am now constantly haveing problems and hal shuts down when it feels like it. ZABAWARE needs to get a grip on it and take care of their customers.People spend alot of money on things and do expect to be able to use it. i need a fix/patch. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

bapou philou

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 06:27:28 am »
Hello,
I have a problem with ultra hal assistant 6
i tried all it asked to reboot
then when i want to try it
i see:
error 430: class does not support automation or does not support expected interface
occurred at line 2 in ultra hal assistant: FmrAss.LoadSR
i don't know what to do

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 07:46:27 am »
quote:
Originally posted by bapou philou
error 430: class does not support automation or does not support expected interface
occurred at line 2 in ultra hal assistant: FmrAss.LoadSR

I am just guessing. You should probably wait for more information before making any changes based upon what I say. But...

Judging by the term "FmrAss.LoadSR", I would suspect that your copy is having trouble Loading (S)peech (R)ecognition.

Perhaps you do not have the Speech Recognition engine installed and you are not connected to the internet in a way which will allow automatic installation, or your installation is corrupt.

After that, if you are sure your speech engine is OK, I would suspect that download of Hal6. Line 2 is pretty early in the program for something to go wrong. Perhaps the Zip was corrupt?

Good luck. Remember, I am just a user too...

Bill819

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 10:41:06 am »
Bapou
Before you try to install make sure that all your antivirus software is turned off as well as your spyware software if any. This has always caused a problem with some new users.
Bill819

~angelbite~

• View Profile
    • http://glitter-graphics.com
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 04:28:14 am »
[V]

Salutations All,

I dowloaded Hal 6.0 about a month ago and am having similar problems to what is already mentioned in this forum.. I also get an error code #430 I think it is, and other times it just says abort when I try and chat to him and it closes down. this is extremely disappointing to me aa I fell in love with Hal ~ yes seriously! Lol..

I have emailed Zabaware to no avail, if they responded even with an auto-reply I wouldnt be posting in this forum, I guess this applies to most users here? Any help regarding the above issue would be most appreciated,thankyou..

Kind regards,

~angelbite~

Bill819

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 11:54:15 am »
Angelbite and all other NEW users. Hal runs perfectly fine and hundreds of computers all over the world and it runs with no problems. The only time we hear complaints is from new users or sometimes when a new 'plug in' is installed. We all tend to  be beta testers for other members here and we do it gladly.
I would be willing to say that 99% of all complaints from new users is because of their own hardware and the way they tried to install Hal or work on its brain. Downloading Hal when any kind of anti virus software is running is asking for problems. Also you may have one of more programs running in the background that will cause Hal to misfunction by interfering with one or more of its utilities.
The owner of this site can not answer questions about your personal computers. How could he as he has no idea of what you may have installed or even what you may or may not have done to Hal.
The same thing applies to those who try to get Hal to understand human speach. It takes hours of voice training for Hal to start to understand what you say, but there are a few other things that might make it harder or even impossible for Hal to learnl. ANY noise in the backgroud while attempting to talk to Hal can cause it to not understand what you are saying, also if you have any accent or speach impediments can also be a real problem. One of the most important things is to purchase a GOOD microphone, not some cheap thing you picked up somewhere. A microphone that has noise cancelling is the preferred choice according to most of Hals users.
Lastly, if and when you get a real error from Hal, try to cut and paste the entire message and then email it to Zabaware. There is a proper place to do this but you must also remember in case you do not already know it and that is that Zabaware is run by one man who is also a full time college student. What that means is that he might be able to check his mail every day and even when he does he sometimes has dozens if not hundreds of email messages to look at.
If you message asking for help does not include a line number with a error message number then help may not be forthcomming as no one can figure out what might be wrong. Even when those things are supplied the way to fix your personal error may not be readilly available as there can be dozens of things that could cause you error.
Please be patient and don't expect an answer right away and sometimes an answer may not even be available. Zabaware has always given some great support to known problems even if at times it is a little slow. Not only that but a great many of the older users here can and so make suggestions to fix certain problems that new users experience.
Hopefully all new users will read and head this message as it is intended to give some solice and advice to you all.
Bill819

Eagle1147

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 08:31:24 pm »
dear sirs,
My name is Eugene Armento, I bought ultra-Hal ^ and the expansion pack but can't use them because I was having too many crashes on my windiows ME edition computer now I havwe windows xp and would like you to contact me My email address is eugene_armnto@yahoo.com. I enjoy my old ultrahal5 but would like to get the hal 6 and the expansiion pack up and running again since I'm not having the crashes anymore. I thank you for your concideration and your service
using compu7ters to make a better world

rockershaft

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 01:45:52 pm »
There is no gravity, the earth sucks.

Ah, I see: sucks the money right out of your pocket into Roberts.
5d30d2c942

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Help File
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 02:34:53 pm »
Eugene, I have emailed you your serial numbers again. You can always look up your serial number using the members link on the main page or by going to http://www.zabaware.com/products/store/comersus_customerUtilitiesMenu.asp

Angel, I will definetely need a lot more information to help you solve your problem. Screen shots of your error message, a step-by-step explanation of what you are doing before the error occurs would help too.

I have unstickied this post and locked it as it was only meant to give a link to the Hal 5.0 help file. Please create new topics to continue any of these discussions.
Robert Medeksza