Author Topic: Repeat option  (Read 2834 times)

echoman

Repeat option
« on: December 19, 2005, 04:19:46 pm »
I have been thinking that perhaps a good new plugin would be a option to repeat/read out what you have just typed into Hal. so you could check there were no mistakes before it is fed into Hal. A 'is this correct Y/N' could then be added and then Hal could listen to what you have typed if you type Y. The important thing is that it is read out so it can be checked. Maybe some type of spell checker incoporated here too.

I find I type somthing in and then days later discover I made one little mistake. It is so annoying to have to open up the Brain Editor and to search for where the mistake is.

What do you think of this double check idea?

Does it have wheels?

Echo.

GrantNZ

• View Profile
Repeat option
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 01:01:14 am »
Hi echoman,

Sound idea, and should be easy to implement. The only (small) issue is that it will require a direct change to the brain script, and can't be done as a simple plug-in. (At least, not the way I am thinking of - perhaps the plug-in method is possible, but it would take me a lot longer to design it.)

I'm short on time until Saturday - the day my two week Christmas holiday begins [:D] If nobody else has taken up the gauntlet before then, please bounce this topic on Saturday to remind me, and I'll whizz up a solution for you.

(Or if someone else wants to try it, and wants to know my idea, say so and I'll write something up.)

As far as spell checking goes, the best I can think of is for Hal to look up each word in the WordNet system, and list any that don't exist there. It's not a true spell check/grammar check, but it may be useful.

Cheers,
Grant

echoman

Repeat option
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 04:12:57 am »
Thanks Grant. As Hal would say 'that sounds positive"

I wish I could program. Things have changed a lot since the old days when I used to programme in ZX spectrum BASIC!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 04:14:15 am by echoman »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Repeat option
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 10:08:14 am »
Hey me too echoman, me too lol, just how many functions could you get on one key?!?!

GrantNZ

• View Profile
Repeat option
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 12:50:14 am »
Ahh the Spectrum! I used to love that old computer [:D] I splashed out once and got myself the 128Kb version (Spectrum Plus I think it was called), and it was a joy to use [8D]

I ended up being able to type code on their funny keyboard faster than I could on a normal keyboard. How's that for scary [:)]