dupa

Author Topic: Hal 5 .dll needed.  (Read 3443 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal 5 .dll needed.
« on: January 04, 2006, 08:11:30 pm »
Hi Rob.

I have tried to re-install my Hal 5 with out success, It says something about the Administration has canceled the install.

Could you post the old files needed in a post that will allow these functions below to work.

Set HalBrain = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.Brain")
Set WN = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.WordNet")

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Hal 5 .dll needed.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 12:46:44 pm »
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.0 blocks the install of version 5.0. You would have to uninstall Hal 6.0 in order to install Hal 5.0. When inside a Hal 6.0 brain, the objects HalBrain and WN are globally created by the Hal host application and available from anywhere inside the script. You do not need to create new references to these objects. However, if you really want to, you can use a different name other than HalBrain and WN such as:

Set HBrain = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst6.Brain")
Set WNet = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst6.WordNet")

If you are using a Hal 5 brain in Hal 6 using compatability mode, your orignal statements of:

will work fine. This is because Hal 6 includes the old HalBrain.DLL from Hal 5. It is called oldhal.dll located in Hal's folder.

quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Rob.

I have tried to re-install my Hal 5 with out success, It says something about the Administration has canceled the install.

Could you post the old files needed in a post that will allow these functions below to work.

Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

Hal 5 .dll needed.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 02:56:40 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

Ultra Hal Assistant 6.0 blocks the install of version 5.0. You would have to uninstall Hal 6.0 in order to install Hal 5.0. When inside a Hal 6.0 brain, the objects HalBrain and WN are globally created by the Hal host application and available from anywhere inside the script. You do not need to create new references to these objects. However, if you really want to, you can use a different name other than HalBrain and WN such as:

Set HBrain = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst6.Brain")
Set WNet = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst6.WordNet")

If you are using a Hal 5 brain in Hal 6 using compatability mode, your orignal statements of:

will work fine. This is because Hal 6 includes the old HalBrain.DLL from Hal 5. It is called oldhal.dll located in Hal's folder.

quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Rob.

Thanks Rob.
Glad your back.

Jerry[8D]