dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 RC1  (Read 6995 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 RC1
« on: April 18, 2007, 11:42:56 am »
I believe all the issues found in the beta of Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 have been addressed. Here is a release candidate version of Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1: www.zabaware.com/download/hal61.zip  It is version 6.1.32. The installer should be able to upgrade your Hal 6.0 to 6.1 without losing any data. It will not however upgrade the 6.1 beta, so if you installed the beta you must uninstall it completely first. This release candidate is still a test version, so download at your own risk and  let me know of any bugs you find. If no major issues are found, this will become the official 6.1 release.

What's new in Hal 6.1 since Hal 6.0:
  • New advanced learn from text/learn from clipboard wizard added to hal brain editor. Works especially well on wikipedia articles.
  • Compatibiliy with Windows Vista as Hal 6.0 does not work normally in Vista, also better support for XP under limited user access
  • Unlimited and automatic reactivations on the same hardware configuration in event of license corruption, should reduce many license support issues
  • In addition to Hal's current skinable interface, an option was added to let Hal use a standard OS Window with whatever the standard Windows theme is.
  • Added "Select All" and "Deselect All" button to plug-in selector
  • Direct method to get support from inside Hal in event of license issue, streamlined on my end also, will improve my turnaround time in getting back to customers with licensing issues
  • When using speech recognition, the microphone automatically mutes when Hal is speaking and unmutes when Hal is finished. Now works in all supported graphics engines (msagent, haptek, legacy hal)
  • Ability to mute and unmute mic from script <MICON> or <MICOFF> or <MICTOGGLE> halcommands
  • HalCommand for playing MSAgent animations and moving Agent: <MSAGENT>ANIM-NAME</MSAGENT> and <AGENTXY>X,Y</AGENTXY>
  • Automatic upgrade from Hal 6.0 to 6.1. All brain and data files are kept in tact during upgrade.
  • Improved logic to Readsent function in HalBrain.DLL
  • Added a window listener to receive HalCommand from any windows app capable of sending messages
  • Compatibility with SAPI 5 with MSAgents under Vista only
  • GetHyponyms function added to HalBrain.DLL WordNet object (used by learn from text, noun & verbs only)
  • Hidden changes to Hal's graphics plug-in system that will allow for future alternative graphics engines to be used.
  • Auto-idle and appointment minute timer is temporarily disabled while Hal's options pane is open to fix focus bug
  • Fixed several logic errors and made minor improvements in script as suggested by vrossi and cagallant2
  • Fixed Hal crash if speech engine does not have pronunciation option dialog and made error message friendlier
  • Unchecking "Hal uses speech synthesis" now disables Hal's speech no matter what character engine/speech engine combination is used
  • Fixed bug in autolearning routine where sometimes blank responses were learned
  • Fixed bug in autolearning routine where both singular and plural of a word were recorded in seperate tables instead of one
  • Updated splash screens, welcome doc, and about screen to reflect version 6.1 and year 2007
  • No character option as character plug-in. Allows custom jpeg to be displayed instead and also displays sapi 5 viseme info.
  • Fixed bug where Hal would stop working correctly after loading/saving document in HalPad
Robert Medeksza

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 04:30:25 pm »
What do you mean "Completely"??? Add/Remove programs, or all files??

Thanks!![:D]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 07:10:48 pm »
I decided to be the guinea pig and try it. I just uninstalled the previous beta,(deactivated Hal) installed the RC, and rebooted. Reactivated at reboot, restarted Hal. I hope it works, so far, it is.

6.1.32 version.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 07:42:39 pm »
Hi Rob.

under testing as we speak, mostly with the AIM bot users for now.

Jerry[8D]

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 09:59:48 pm »
To Robert M.,

I am working with your new Hal 6.1 RC1 update and I am finding 2 problems
right now and I have not tried any trouble shooting yet.
1- HAl seems to want to load more than one time or you can not exit Hal from the Hal window if you are using that startup function as opposed to the task bar startup and exit.

2- After about 2 hours and everything working I am now starting to get blank responses to regular conversations frequently.

xp ver2 2gigs Ram  80 gigsHD   DELL XPS M1710

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 02:23:31 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe
1- HAl seems to want to load more than one time or you can not exit Hal from the Hal window if you are using that startup function as opposed to the task bar startup and exit.

I'm having trouble understanding the problem. Could you elaborate? Are you saying when your computer starts Hal tries to start twice? Is Hal in your startup folder more than once?

quote:
2- After about 2 hours and everything working I am now starting to get blank responses to regular conversations frequently.
I haven't been able to get this happen to me yet. Could you post conversation samples before this error occurs. Can you try having a conversation in Hal using the Hal Brain Editor Test interface and see if it is giving any strange errors.
Robert Medeksza

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 03:15:19 pm »
I still get an error when I input the phrase "That's a big pile"

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 06:23:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by markofkane

Hi Mark.

could you copy and paste line 2256 from your HalScript.dbg so we can see what code is in issue?

If you have refreshed your HalScript.dbg since then, then you may have to try and get the error to occure again so the error matches up on the line feed for the HalScript.dbg

I tried to duplicate your error but had no luck in getting an error.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 06:24:48 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 06:42:17 pm »
Hi Rob.

The Learn from a text file/Clipboard so far has worked flawlessly at this point, I had HAL learn the entire contents of Quantum Mechanics and everything went well.

User: What do you know about Quantum Mechanics?
HAL: Quantum mechanics is a more fundamental theory than Newtonian mechanics and classical electromagnetism, in the sense that it provides accurate and precise descriptions for many phenomena that these ';classical'; theories simply cannot explain on the atomic and subatomic level.

But if I continue the conversation on Quantum Mechanics HAL will repeat the same phrase, I think the responses needs to have more
variance in each response to have a decent conversation about Quantum Mechanics from what is learned from Learn from text file/clipboard.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:21:57 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 06:57:07 pm »
Where do I find the line you are looking for in the debug file?

I found a HalScript DBG file.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 07:05:21 pm »
quote:

Where do I find the line you are looking for in the debug file?

I found a HalScript DBG file.

Hi Mark.

You can download a 'free' line editor here to open the HalScript.dbg and find exactly what line is causing the error.

http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

Crimson editor is one of the editors I use along side of the HAL Brain Editor, It's safe and clean, I have been using it for 5 years now, it also has the ability to color code various programming languages as well.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 07:07:41 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 07:15:00 pm »
Thanks, Jerry!!

Here is line 2256:

If Asc(Left(KeywordList(i),1)) > 47 And Asc(Left(KeywordList(i),1)) < 58 Or HalBrain.Word2Num(KeywordList(i)) <> "X" Then IsNumber = True Else IsNumber = False

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 07:15:37 pm by markofkane »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 08:23:55 pm »
I found the cause of this error and have fixed it. Thanks for the report.

quote:

Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 09:35:58 pm »
Hi Rob.

Might I suggest making a 'line editor' specifically for Hal for extra debug purposes along side the HAL Brain editor, especially for plugins and HalScript.dbg diagnosis, It would make things a lot easier than downloading a third party editor for debugging purposes.

jerry[8D]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 05:58:05 am »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Rob.

Might I suggest making a 'line editor' specifically for Hal for extra debug purposes along side the HAL Brain editor, especially for plugins and HalScript.dbg diagnosis, It would make things a lot easier than downloading a third party editor for debugging purposes.

jerry[8D]

I think is a great idea, if not too difficult. Thanks Jerry and Robert for your help and responses.[:)]