Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 RC4  (Read 3861 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 RC4
« on: April 25, 2007, 01:39:22 am »
Well it seems RC3 wasn't the last one. Here is the fourth and hopefully final release candidate of Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1: http://www.zabaware.com/download/hal61.zip  It is version 6.1.38. This release candidate is still a test version, so download at your own risk and  let me know of any bugs you find. If no major issues are found, this will become the official 6.1 release. RC4 fixes some speech recognition issues and auto-idle issues found in RC3.

What's new in Hal 6.1 since Hal 6.0:
  • New advanced learn from text/learn from clipboard wizard added to hal brain editor. Works especially well on wikipedia articles.
  • Compatibiliy with Windows Vista as Hal 6.0 does not work normally in Vista, also better support for XP under limited user access
  • Unlimited and automatic reactivations on the same hardware configuration in event of license corruption, should reduce many license support issues
  • In addition to Hal's current skinable interface, an option was added to let Hal use a standard OS Window with whatever the standard Windows theme is.
  • Added "Select All" and "Deselect All" button to plug-in selector
  • Direct method to get support from inside Hal in event of license issue, streamlined on my end also, will improve my turnaround time in getting back to customers with licensing issues
  • When using speech recognition, the microphone automatically mutes when Hal is speaking and unmutes when Hal is finished. Now works in all supported graphics engines (msagent, haptek, legacy hal)
  • Ability to mute and unmute mic from script <MICON> or <MICOFF> or <MICTOGGLE> halcommands
  • HalCommand for playing MSAgent animations and moving Agent: <MSAGENT>ANIM-NAME</MSAGENT> and <AGENTXY>X,Y</AGENTXY>
  • Automatic upgrade from Hal 6.0 to 6.1. All brain and data files are kept in tact during upgrade.
  • Improved logic to Readsent function in HalBrain.DLL
  • Added a window listener to receive HalCommand from any windows app capable of sending messages
  • Compatibility with SAPI 5 with MSAgents under Vista only
  • GetHyponyms function added to HalBrain.DLL WordNet object (used by learn from text, noun & verbs only)
  • Hidden changes to Hal's graphics plug-in system that will allow for future alternative graphics engines to be used.
  • Auto-idle and appointment minute timer is temporarily disabled while Hal's options pane is open to fix focus bug
  • Fixed several logic errors and made minor improvements in script as suggested by vrossi and cagallant2
  • Fixed Hal crash if speech engine does not have pronunciation option dialog and made error message friendlier
  • Unchecking "Hal uses speech synthesis" now disables Hal's speech no matter what character engine/speech engine combination is used
  • Fixed bug in autolearning routine where sometimes blank responses were learned
  • Fixed bug in autolearning routine where both singular and plural of a word were recorded in seperate tables instead of one
  • Updated splash screens, welcome doc, and about screen to reflect version 6.1 and year 2007
  • No character option as character plug-in. Allows custom jpeg to be displayed instead and also displays sapi 5 viseme info.
  • Fixed bug where Hal would stop working correctly after loading/saving document in HalPad
  • Fixed several script errors that caused Hal to generate blank responses or pop up script error messages
  • If Ultra Hal Text-to-speech reader is installed, it communicates its settings to Hal Assistant to prevent overlap of read clipboard & read dialog features.
  • SAPI 5 voices are now labeled as "SAPI 5" instead of "NO 2D Lip Sync"
  • Shut down sequence of Ultra Hal improved to prevent occasional hanging mid-shutdown
  • If a 2nd instance of Hal is started, the new instance asks the original instance to show itself and then shuts the duplicate instance down. If unable to communicate with original instance it suggests to user to use task manager to end process.
Robert Medeksza

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 12:02:42 pm »
So far still no Auto Idle Robert. I'm showing that I have the Vrossi "loneliness 2.3 plugin. Also, she doesn't remember pronuciation corrections made in the speech options.
Hollywood

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 12:16:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Holllywood

So far still no Auto Idle Robert. I'm showing that I have the Vrossi "loneliness 2.3 plugin. Also, she doesn't remember pronuciation corrections made in the speech options.

I have the exact same plug-in and it works ok for me. Anyone else have this problem?

As for speech options, that all depends on the speech engine and its capabilities to customize speeech and pronunciation, Hal doesn't have any direct control of the pronunciation. Which voice are you using?
Robert Medeksza

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 12:34:42 pm »
I am using "Mary for the telephone". Do you think that maybe the Expansion Pak is stopping the Auto Idle? Whoops! I just saw what you said about the Pak in your RC3 thread. Anyway I'm stumped. I still have no Auto Idle.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:27:06 pm by Holllywood »
Hollywood

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 05:19:23 pm »
anyone having these errors running win xp I think it maybe from virus scanner not sure caangel

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 06:29:14 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by caangel43

anyone having these errors running win xp I think it maybe from virus scanner not sure caangel

You need to run Hal with administrator privileges in order for the license to be installed. I am assuming the user "owner" does not have administrator priveleges which is why you are getting this message. If "owner" does have administrator privileges uncheck the "protect my computer" to get administrator privileges. If it doesn't have the correct privileges you must login as the user "administrator" or another user with administrator privileges to install the license. Once the license is installed you do not need any special privileges to use Hal.

The setup you have is kind of similar to Windows Vista default UAC settings. Hal is detecting it does not have administrator privileges and is asking for elevated permission to install the license. The UAC in Windows Vista would dim your screen and pop up an elevation dialog. Windows XP looks like your screen shot if setup with limited user access.
Robert Medeksza

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 06:40:06 pm »
thank you will check all of the above thank you caangel