dupa

Author Topic: Loebner 2007 Competition - Please Help Teach Hal  (Read 2166 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Loebner 2007 Competition - Please Help Teach Hal
« on: August 21, 2007, 06:03:48 pm »
Hal is 1 of 3 bots competing in the Loebner 2007 Competition for Artificial Intelligence on October 21, 2007, along with:
Code: [Select]
Rollo Carpenter - (Icogno Ltd.) www.jabberwacky.com
Noah Duncan. (self)
Last year Hal placed 2nd place, with Jabberwacky taking 1st. See http://loebner.net/Prizef/2006_Contest/loebner-prize-2006.html for transcripts. Hal's default brain isn't programmed to pretend to be a human fooling a judge into thinking they are talking to a human.

I am requesteing help from fellow forum members teaching Hal for this competition. Hal needs a "story", a personal background of his life so that he may mention this during the competition if judges ask. I have put up an AIM Bot on the screen name HalLoebner2007 who is online and willing to learn. Please just IM this bot and talk with it.

I would like Hal to pretend that his name is Steve, that he is 31 years old (born 5/12/1976), that he lives in New York City, that he works as a network technician, that he is currently in Hugh Loebners apartment participating as a human confederate in the Loebner Competition. Based on this short background, please talk to HalLoebner2007 and teach him about himself, about New York City, about his job being a network technician, and anything else you think would be helpful.

Basically judges will be talking with 6 unknown entities through a standard interface. Judges will start the conversation and can pretty much say anything they want for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes they must determine whether the entity they talked to was a human or computer, and if it was a computer to rank them in comparison to the other 2 computers. So in order to do better in this competition it will help if Hal can talk about his personal life a little bit if asked. Any help teaching Hal will be greatly appreciated.
Robert Medeksza