Author Topic: <n00b question> Ultra Hal and manager of applications  (Read 2375 times)

fandaor

• View Profile
<n00b question> Ultra Hal and manager of applications
« on: January 10, 2011, 01:57:14 pm »
Hello all,
I am new to UH. I have been looking around without finding the right answers to my interrogations, as I'm trying to set up a dedicated computer for this purpose.

I would like to know if it is possible to do to following functionnalities using/programming UH :
- set up a mail server to retrieve emails from my different accounts and ordering them (if yes, what mail server would you advice) ?

- link the neural part onto an SQL (SQL, mySQL or even Oracle) database for the 'knowledge' and language part ?

- have UH to manage directly plugged and remote webcams (for recognition and other applications) ?

- in the same order, is it possible to imagine that UH could 'switch' between several display panels ?

- so far I haven't seen any 'high end rendered' 3D avatar, is there anybody that has made one or is there any advice on how to create one ?

- if the previous question is possible, is it possible to use a real-time rendered as ORGRE 3D to generate avatar's action "on the fly" depending on actions that UH would perform ?

- Could these actions/reactions be programmed has behavior onto a database for better manipulation/organisation and allow crossed reference, even generate its own behavior ?

I know some of these questions haven already been approached but, reading the posts, I haven't been able to get all the details I wished.

Thank you in advance for the replies.

Fandaor