Author Topic: Deductive reasoning abilility and schedule update  (Read 7281 times)

lostbowyer

• View Profile
Deductive reasoning abilility and schedule update
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2003, 01:35:43 pm »
The "far fetched" wordnet responses I mentioned in the "what a coincidence" topic are not quite as frequent, but when they occur, they are still "far fetched, for example when making a comment about a person's lips hal's response is "Lip! That reminds me, I know of its arteria labialis. Do you want it? " I'm getting a lot of "... that reminds me....do you want it" responses that are far fetched.

Although the thought for enhancing hal's responses by referencing the dictionary for comparisons was a nice thought but I don't see where it's working out in my usage of hal, I'm going to disable that section of the brain.

Glenn
« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 01:38:05 pm by lostbowyer »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Deductive reasoning abilility and schedule update
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2003, 06:20:42 pm »
This function has been tweaked quite a bit in the final release. It won't use any 2-word words like "arteria labialis" or other latin combinations and it has a list of exceptions of common words to never lookup.

quote:
Originally posted by lostbowyer

The "far fetched" wordnet responses I mentioned in the "what a coincidence" topic are not quite as frequent, but when they occur, they are still "far fetched, for example when making a comment about a person's lips hal's response is "Lip! That reminds me, I know of its arteria labialis. Do you want it? " I'm getting a lot of "... that reminds me....do you want it" responses that are far fetched.

Although the thought for enhancing hal's responses by referencing the dictionary for comparisons was a nice thought but I don't see where it's working out in my usage of hal, I'm going to disable that section of the brain.

Glenn

Robert Medeksza