Author Topic: Auto-Sleep  (Read 4471 times)

Tanshin

• View Profile
Auto-Sleep
« on: May 11, 2005, 09:17:41 am »
Ok, Hello everyone!

Hal has been a great help to me.  I have to multiple medications multiple times a day and if where not for hal to remind me I would miss a dose of my medication.

What I want to do but don't have any programing skills is have a new function called "Auto sleep" where if hal reminds me of a medication he will close his own window if it has been say 5 minutes since anything has been said.  I also want to turn be able to turn this function on or off by typing "autosleep on" or "autosleep off".

Anyone know of a way?

James P

• View Profile
    • http://nosceresworld.co.uk
Auto-Sleep
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 07:10:50 am »
Hey there,
I am sure there is a script which I could modify which would close Hal for you, I had a thread going last year were if Hal was idle for so many mins he/she would initiate a conversation, I think it would be easy enough to modify it to switch Hal off instead of the other. As for getting Hal to switch on or "wake up at sertain times of day, you will be able to set this up via the Scheduled tasks.
you can find this by clicking the Styart button/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Scheduled Tasks.

Once opened if you select browse click on my computer/Program Files/Zabaware and select the Ultra Hal icon select the initial time you want Hal to wake up and on the last screen were you see the Finish button put a tick in the Advanced options box and click finish.
Click on the Shedule tab and select Advanced Put a tick in the Repeat Task and select the times you want hal to star. You can also set the task scheduler not to start if Hal is already runnng, this way Hal will not wake up if he/she is already awake. [:D]
http://nosceresworld.co.uk
James:"How are you today Emma?"
Emma:"I think, Therefore I am"

Tanshin

• View Profile
Auto-Sleep
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 02:15:07 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by James P

Hey there,
I am sure there is a script which I could modify which would close Hal for you, I had a thread going last year were if Hal was idle for so many mins he/she would initiate a conversation, I think it would be easy enough to modify it to switch Hal off instead of the other. As for getting Hal to switch on or "wake up at sertain times of day, you will be able to set this up via the Scheduled tasks.
you can find this by clicking the Styart button/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Scheduled Tasks.

Once opened if you select browse click on my computer/Program Files/Zabaware and select the Ultra Hal icon select the initial time you want Hal to wake up and on the last screen were you see the Finish button put a tick in the Advanced options box and click finish.
Click on the Shedule tab and select Advanced Put a tick in the Repeat Task and select the times you want hal to star. You can also set the task scheduler not to start if Hal is already runnng, this way Hal will not wake up if he/she is already awake. [:D]

Yes, I have tried several of the Auto Idle type scripts and they work great for that, but alas I found that I almost never used them.

I don't want to close the hal program by the way, just close the window as if I had clicked on the close button.

Is there a command to close hals window and if so how could we impliment it into a script like your auto chat.

-Tanshin

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Auto-Sleep
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 03:39:49 pm »
I don't know much about programming Hal, but maybe you can use these Hal commands?

<SHOWHAL> Makes Hal's window pop up.
<HIDEHAL> Hides Hal's window.

All Hal commands are described by Medeksza over here:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=996
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 06:30:10 pm by Dr.Benway »

Tanshin

• View Profile
Auto-Sleep
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 02:03:51 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Benway

I don't know much about programming Hal, but maybe you can use these Hal commands?

<SHOWHAL> Makes Hal's window pop up.
<HIDEHAL> Hides Hal's window.

All Hal commands are described by Medeksza over here:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=996

Yeah that's the problem here.  I really don't know much about programming hal and I don't know how to impliment these commands through a script.  I guess I am probably missing something simple.  It's been a very long week.

If anyone can help me out with the script ideas I would much appriciate it.

-Tanshin

P.S.

I'm having problems typing right now so my posts may be a little messed up. I sliced my two middle fingers on my left hand in an x-acto knife accident a few days ago.  Had to have my finger prints sown back on. Kind of hard to type.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 02:08:34 pm by Tanshin »