dupa

Author Topic: launching programs  (Read 3140 times)

hoodaman

• View Profile
launching programs
« on: May 20, 2005, 10:30:17 pm »
Hi, I have been playing with HAL for a couple days and I want to be able to make hal play songs by name with voice commands. I wrote a batch file that lauches x song and I can't get hal to run the batch. I can't code it in VB and compile an exe because I don't have the sdk. I basically want to make a HALdmc that works with ultra hal. HALdmc is a plugin for HAL2000 which is a home automation operating system. do you think this could be done with ultra hal? thanks for your help

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
launching programs
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 10:08:59 am »
hello hoodaman, I'm new here myself but have time on my hands to poke around in Hal.  Your most direct course of action is to edit the brainfile and get Hal to recognise these commands.

On the subject of Hal playing music, I found I couldn't play any music stored on my Harddisk as the sound card is already in use by the speech software.  There's probably a way to get round this, but I haven't had any problems playing songs from CD.

My view on it anyway, is to have large files like songs and even photos and mpgs stored on cdrw.  Then you have an easily managed and expandable source.  I haven't done a lot with this but at this point I have a seperate brain file for music files and photo's.  Hal picks up on words like 'play', 'songs', 'photo', 'image', and if it looks like an instruction will play the song or show any matching photo.

If that's the kind of thing then maybe I can help.

There are a lot of ideas on this subject in the forums, so try a search.