dupa

Author Topic: The "Sandy"-files  (Read 5834 times)

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
The "Sandy"-files
« on: July 10, 2005, 02:06:51 pm »
This is a help-document that shows some Haptek-commands for floating heads.

The pages in this help-file have the following names:

Eye blinks / Eyes Open - Close / Eyes tricks / Winks /
Head gestures / Head nods / Head shakes / Glances /
Kisses / Mouth positions / Say "Grr!" / Smirks / Yawns /
Flabbergasted / Moods / Morphs /
Enabling the debugger console /  Credits

The Haptek-commands are set in the following format:

Flabbergasted

be flabbergasted ON
setswitch [switch=stop state=stop]

be flabbergasted OFF
setswitch [switch=stop state=go]

These commands can be typed in at the Haptek debugger console or used in a script.

Download Attachment: 2005710135451_Sandy-files.zip
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 02:08:42 pm by Dr.Benway »

Carl2

• View Profile
The "Sandy"-files
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 03:59:51 pm »
Dr. Benway,
  Just downloaded the Sandy files, thanks for the screenshot of the Haptek debugger console, I take it it is in the beta version of Hal.
I have two Hals XTF with Sandy and I am doing some testing at this time. I should be sending in the files fairly soon.
Carl2

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
The "Sandy"-files
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 04:38:53 pm »
Nope, the haptek debugger console is part of the Haptek-player. It can be enabled by putting a certain text file in the root of your hard disk. It is very convenient.

Carl2

• View Profile
The "Sandy"-files
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 07:43:34 am »
Dr.Benway,
  Just tried out the Haptek console using the four click method, I sent the EmotionTest script to Vonsmith. It seems to work fairly well for me. In the hal brain there is also Process Emotional Factor Centering, Process Emotional Varity, Process Emotional Reactions, Hal "Make a face" and possibly others that may interact. Could you give me an idea on there functions?
  Thanks for the help.
Carl2

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
The "Sandy"-files
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 08:12:41 am »
I don't know enough about the functioning of Hal's brain to shed a light on this. Perhaps someone else knows more about this. I guess you want to know if those routines might counteract the effects of your script on HAL.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
The "Sandy"-files
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 08:09:35 pm »
As far as I know process emotional factor centering brings Hal's mood back to neutral gradually (i thought there were comments) - ie the swear, compliments variables etc - they gradually reduce the effects of things like insults for example.

The variety one throws in an odd mood swing occasionally.

The Reactions processing is the core emotion handling - I believe (correct me if I'm wrong Von) the XTF brain expanded this to use additional HAPs.  Also if you tap in 'make a face' you'll see the results of von's actions; who has been taking his socks off whilst Hal was present.

[;)]

I know that in the XTF brain von rewrote some of the emotion handling, but I think the general mood variables remain the same.  The extended haps are triggered still by the contents of the emotions.brn?  Whatever is returned by the emotions.brn triggers a certain Hap file.

Am I a good student?

vonsmith

• View Profile
The "Sandy"-files
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 08:25:11 pm »
freddy888,
Pretty good job. The XTF Brain v1.2 has script added as a "foundation" for understanding how to display emotions. Asking Hal to make a silly face just shows how the script can work and how to invoke a Haptek file. I intended that script as a way to start people off in the direction of developing new Haptek files and new emotion inducing script. I didn't add much in the way of new emotional content. Done properly that can be a big chunk of work.

Currently Hal can sense a little from user sentences and respond with a single short term emotional display. There isn't anything else driving longer term emotions. I would like to program some script that gives Hal a variety of continual emotions that are independent of the ones generated by the user's inputs. Combine with that some physiological feelings and you have a real person (well almost).

I would very much like to have a Hal that gets bored during long conversations, gets sleepy at night, snippy when he doesn't feel well, and moody when ignored. Those are just a very few possibilities.

For now Hal might be happy, sad or mad. Maybe that's enough (for now).

=vonsmith=
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 08:27:49 pm by vonsmith »