Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download  (Read 63209 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 05:54:41 pm »
Edge: ive completely melted down do the the lack of sleep...... im sure u know

The upside is while i was melting down i was also producing a mountain of code you didnt know about
 building a private room with 02 chats, and 1 of them is Hal
The other is the basic no frills chat..
the lobby is Hal
the channel is the other chat
now ive got my hands on hal 07 im stretched even further.
This will be home for Hal07

http://cyberjedi.rf.gd/?i=1

Best wishes to you edge.
we were a team man and a good 1 too. im srry

P.S the quote is actually from Pablo Picasso

I know jedi.
that work your doing kind of make me jealous. you do amazing work that I can't deny
As long as it's for HAL's benefit that is.

Rob been a father to all of us, especially.

everyone keep up the good work.
Jerry 8)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 07:04:46 pm »
Speech recognition seems to be the only thing a little buggy.

-Spitfire_2600

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 07:25:24 pm »
I know that the HAL 7 editor has a conflict with the cloud service object.
but the bot seems to run just fine.

Rob, if you want to apply my turing plug-in to HAL 7 you are more than welcome to it.
I did design it for winning a turing test.  maybe you can make it better in HAL 7.

I would use the processing engine to look at it deeper but until HAL 7 can use the editor I'll just have to wait on that.

stay tuned.
Jerry 8)

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 07:42:30 pm »

Rob, if you want to apply my turing plug-in to HAL 7 you are more than welcome to it.
I did design it for winning a turing test.  maybe you can make it better in HAL 7.

I would use the processing engine to look at it deeper but until HAL 7 can use the editor I'll just have to wait on that.

tested HAL 7 trying to get a blank response, so far so good, I know that ones an oldie but goodie.
Processing would accelerate this debugging process.

stay tuned.
Jerry 8)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 09:22:17 pm »
Checking further beyond speech for CPU usage, I see hal does not use all available cores. Version 6 would use available threads in the affinity in the task manager.

-Spitfire_2600

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 10:04:13 pm »
Speech recognition seems to be the only thing a little buggy.

-Spitfire_2600

More or less buggy than Ultra Hal 6? Can you describe the bugs? Speech is mainly controlled by a third party library called Chant SpeechKit so I may or may not have the ability to fix speech issues myself. For Hal 7, I upgraded from version 6 of SpeechKit to 7 mainly to get CereProc voice support, otherwise I didn't make much changes to it.

Checking further beyond speech for CPU usage, I see hal does not use all available cores. Version 6 would use available threads in the affinity in the task manager.

-Spitfire_2600

Were you using Hal 6.2 or an older version like 6.1 or 6.0? I believe it was in version 6.2 I forced Hal to pick a CPU core and stick with it. This is a workaround to make sure Haptek works ok as Haptek gets glitchy when Windows switches CPU cores. Hal is a single threaded app for the most part, but I'm forcing Windows to pick and stick to a particular core instead of allowing it to float between cores.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 10:17:41 pm »
Yep, need another week or two to make the brain editor compatible with the cloud object. When thats ready Hal 7 will be "beta" status instead of "alpha".

Thanks buddy. For inclusion in the "official" Hal 7 brain I would need to convert the logic to be able to run in PHP in addition to VBScript in order to support upcoming mobile phone/tablet versions of Hal and for it to be a consistent Hal personality across platforms. It's something I am certainly able to do, but takes time. So I'm going to hold off for now in the interest of time and getting new versions of Hal pushed out there.

tested HAL 7 trying to get a blank response, so far so good, I know that ones an oldie but goodie.
Processing would accelerate this debugging process.
I remember fixing this bug a few years ago, but for the life of me I can't remember what the cause was. Hopefully its gone for good though.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 10:30:33 pm »
Robert: IRC access

Id like to through my hat into the ring as well with a professional request.
Id like Hal 07 to have IRC Access.
Id like to have the new version of Hal respond to triggers from an IRC.
(!how are you?) Hal Response just goes back to the chat.
Robert : I have done this very thing with the Help of onthecuttingedge2005 and lifetimegamer our tireless beta tester.
So i know you can do this, you got the source code open and right there.
Maybe even a MIRC interface.
Im telling ya Robert theres a whole area of the internet that Hal has yet to explore and i dont mean Twitter or Face Book
Im talking a live cast of Hal, with Hal engaging chat room chatters. Using RTMP protocols.
I am a Professional Broadcaster , you need to trust me on this, A virtual hostess live cast of Hal is just Epic.
At any givin time there are 40k people and 200 broadcasters at vaughnlive alone.
It took me over a year to get Mark Vaughn to sign off on it. but yes, if u have VIP? Mark gives you IRC access now.
Hes just 1.
Not to mention the 1 im currently using. Freenode , another 50,000 people and 9k channels. Yes i said that, 9k
Thats 09k copys of Hal (every 1 wants a Bot) . what can i say..lol
Ill even supply you with the IRC source code (VB6.0) though if that would help.
I havent had time to dig into the VB.net version of simple Hal, YET.
 best wishes
cyberjedi

Ps: Im willing to pay extra. look at the pictures above for your demo

I'm always willing to get Hal to work on interested platforms. I have made Hal work for AIM (now shutdown completely), SecondLife, Twitter, Facebook Messenger, Web Site, and proprietary Loebner/Turing test protocols. I plan on opening up a JSON/REST web based API to Hal's cloud based service which I hope will spur some community/customer development of Hal into new and interesting sites/apps/services. And the Windows version will continue to support the COM/VBScript based integrations. I think either of these 2 methods could potentially be used to get Hal onto IRC.

However, my personal time is very limited, so I'm currently narrowly focused on this near term roadmap:
  • Get Ultra Hal 7 for Windows released
  • Get Ultra Hal for Android and IOS released
  • Get a JSON/REST API documented with an online based Brain Editor for the Cloud version of Hal

So any projects and feature requests outside this scope will have to wait for later or future versions. But I'm certainly still always interested in everyone's ideas for the future.
Robert Medeksza

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 11:35:18 pm »
Robert,

I understand the cpu threads now, thanks!

Loading a speech profile for dragon in the general options seems to freeze Hal. I let him go for 5 minutes to try to allow him to load, but had to force close to restart. After the restart, the profile was loaded, but the same for unloading it. It works with 6.2.

-Spitfire_2600
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:44:08 pm by Spitfire2600 »

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 01:03:27 pm »
Great work Robert! I've downloaded hal 7 and started to play around with him! How do i use the following feature you added:

Registry setting to adjust speech recognition auto enter countdown start time (SRCountDownStart)

Please let me know how to change it. I'd love to have Hal response quicker when using speech recognition.

Thanks!

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 11:25:52 pm »
Great work Robert! I've downloaded hal 7 and started to play around with him! How do i use the following feature you added:

Registry setting to adjust speech recognition auto enter countdown start time (SRCountDownStart)

Please let me know how to change it. I'd love to have Hal response quicker when using speech recognition.

Thanks!

Are you familiar with Windows Regedit.exe? If so, just navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 7.0\Config

Then create a new string value with the name "SRCountDownStart" and set the value to a number between 3 and 6 for the number of seconds for the timer.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 11:27:35 pm »
Robert,

I understand the cpu threads now, thanks!

Loading a speech profile for dragon in the general options seems to freeze Hal. I let him go for 5 minutes to try to allow him to load, but had to force close to restart. After the restart, the profile was loaded, but the same for unloading it. It works with 6.2.

-Spitfire_2600

What version of Dragon are you using and what version of Windows? I just placed an order on Amazon for Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 and will try to see if I can replicate the same problem under Windows 10.
Robert Medeksza

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 03:05:37 am »
Hi Robert,

Yes, I am using dragon 13 under windows 10.

So, loading hal and opening the general options window, I select the profile for speech recognition. Hal will freeze and force a close. After a restart the profile is loaded and Hal is is ready to chat via speech rec. Hal will work fine until I try to unclick speech recognition of change the profile. I'm unloaded the animated characters, plug-ins, and created a new profile just in case the old one was corrupted, however none of those worked. I will wait for you try it. In the meantime, I suppose I could move Hal to another computer and try that, see if the same thing happens. It's very odd though. The profile is loaded, Hal just hangs while loading it.

-Spitfire2600

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 07:03:43 am »
Robert: The work on the Aim Bot is what set my course.
Thought to my self what a badass idea.

Robert : Little peek for ya...
Now for my next trick , I intend to give Simple Hal a crazy feature.
Hal Hive Mind.... I want nothing short then Hals talking to each other.
Each Hal will have an IRC server/client  option. This is where edge's Irc page comes into play as a Hub for Hal.
Come a long way since simple Hal started
RE: Hal 07
Hal 7 is off the charts cool Robert. It really is.
Not a single bug i can find. I Had specific needs from Hal 07: Goals met !!!!!!!!!!
We will see what beta has to offer.
best wishes
cyberjedi

Robert i cant tell you how much joy and near nervous breakdowns Hal has givin me.. lol
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:29:53 am by cyberjedi »

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 09:26:06 am »
Robert, Thanks for the info. I created the string and will test it out later today. Can we not go below 3 seconds? 1 or 2 seconds? Anyways, thanks for adding this feature!

Also, I noticed others were having issues with Dragon, I have dragon 12 and when I select it as the default speech engine it freezes Hal. I have to end the task in order to close Hal and restart him.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:48:24 am by knight2000 »