Author Topic: The Mysterious OGG files!  (Read 4439 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The Mysterious OGG files!
« on: June 06, 2005, 05:04:39 pm »
There was a discussion a while back about getting Hal to make use of ogg files. Well, I don't know if any others have stumbled upon it but I'll post it none the less.

Go to :http://www.clone3d.com/vgirlframe.htm
Click on the different tabs under the window of the girl.
Do several of her voice responses, jokes, etc.

While her window is still up open Windows Explorer.

Navigate to:

C:\Documents and Settings\<YourName>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Click on the last modified or last accessed tab at the top on order to get the most recent file dates (today's date).

As you look down the listing you'll notice several files with the ogg extention. Those are the ones you want. Holding the CTRL key, use your mouse and TAG several or all of the ogg files.

Right click and select COPY.

In Windows Explorer navigate to your UltraHal directory and PASTE them into any appropriate directory of your choice.

You can close the Web browser.

In Windows Explorer locate and double click any htr file (fullbody_girl...etc.)

When she appears in the Haptek window go back to where you saved the ogg files. Select one, drag and drop it onto the Hapteck window and your girl will sound the ogg file with perfect lip sync.

OK...it's not perfect but it is a lot of fun!

Now you know the rest of the story....

Good day!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 05:28:28 pm »
Thanks for that Art.

I suppose the next logical step is collect hundreds of MP3's of your fave person...convert to OGG format (easily done)...then write a script so you can you have your fave actor/singer whomever say certain things on demand lol.

The mind boggles when you think about [:D]
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 06:54:10 pm »
The question remains if Haptek will lip sync with .ogg-files from every source, or just those converted with People Putty.

I have read that the maker of Vgirl, prof. Chavez, owns some (or all) People Putty tools.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 07:29:21 pm »
Actually within the next few years look for ogg files to possible take the lead over MP3 files. They offer quality and smaller size for starters.

Raymond,
It seems that Haptek will only lip-sync those ogg files made with PP. I've tried others and even one I made with Visual Text to Speech MP3. Classic ventriloquist...I could hear the voice but I couldn't see the lips move!!<G>

The real nightmare was when I clicked on the different full body HTRs' then did a quick drag and drop of three different OGG files onto each of them. It reminded me of that Star Trek episode when Professor Mudd had multiple wives all talking to him at the same time!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 04:23:04 am »
I've also tried ogg encoding but it will not do the lipsync.  The Haptek Audio software is what you need if you want to do your own sounds - Raymond you were saying it is £40.00 which isn't so bad for what you get I think.