Author Topic: Re. V 5.0.55 errors  (Read 2982 times)

joe90

• View Profile
Re. V 5.0.55 errors
« on: October 22, 2003, 07:34:01 am »
Hi all, I just downloaded V5 and wondered if anyone else had this problem. When I clicked "Learn from a text file" and tried to introduce text I received An error message and hal could not read the text. I got round the problem bt creating a new folder called "text" and placed it into Hal,s program folder next to char. etc. I then placed the text files I wanted hal to learn from, into the folder. Now when I go to the text learning feature, Hal seems to be able to find the path in it's own program files and read the text.

Morlhach

• View Profile
    • http://membres.lycos.fr/morlhach
Re. V 5.0.55 errors
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 02:24:23 pm »
I had this problem with version 4.5
Since the version 5, i haven't this problem anymore
Maybe try to install first Hall 4.5 and the install version 5
It is just a guess

quote:
Originally posted by joe90

Hi all, I just downloaded V5 and wondered if anyone else had this problem. When I clicked "Learn from a text file" and tried to introduce text I received An error message and hal could not read the text. I got round the problem bt creating a new folder called "text" and placed it into Hal,s program folder next to char. etc. I then placed the text files I wanted hal to learn from, into the folder. Now when I go to the text learning feature, Hal seems to be able to find the path in it's own program files and read the text.