Author Topic: Your One Stop Hal Shop  (Read 16436 times)

CharlieSapien

• View Profile
Your One Stop Hal Shop
« on: October 29, 2013, 10:30:32 pm »
Ive recently returned to the forum after a lengthy absence (new user name)
Wow! Ive missed alot. There are some really great plugins that have been made and some very promising ones (I hope still) being developed.
In particular, I'm looking very forward to the further development/completion of cload's (massive) undertaking, as I'm sure everyone else who has been following it is.
One thing I've noticed while searching the net and forum(s) though, is so much content has been lost. Between websites biting the dust, this one being restructured and so many cyber lockers (accounts and service providers) returning to the cyber oblivion from which they sprang, it seems the entire Hal community has lost a wealth of (in)valuable information.
Upon revisiting the forum I realize I have a great deal of Hal related material that either no longer exists (on the web), or is so obscured it is going unseen by many.
Im happy to be able to give some of these files back to the forum so that they can enjoyed again or discovered anew.
I will make it a priority to ensure that a working link remains in this thread indefinitely.
(I have used cloud storage since the beginning and I keep backups of my backups)  ;)
It would be great if anyone has anything they would like to contribute. I would be happy to maintain and make it available to everyone indefinitely.

::Disclaimer::

I take no credit for any of this work. This is the work of many gracious and talented people in the Ultra Hal community.
I have left and ascertained 'read me" files and documentation wherever possible so credit can be given where it is due.
If for whatever reason someone doesn't want me to share their plugins or other contribution, please let me know and I will remove it.
Also there is a good bit of MSAgent content. (I know - Whoo Hoo right?) To my knowledge I have removed everything that is or was commercial.
(Youll have to get your desktopmates somewhere else guys... :'( )
If I have missed anything (as there is quite a bit) please let me know so I can remove it. I do not wish to promote or advocate piracy as many people find it abhorrent.

**Requests**

I have most but not all of of the latest Gretta plugins by jasondude.
As many know his skydrive has been down for sometime now.
Any up to date would be great but In particular if anyone has Gretta curiosity and Gretta picture I would appreciate them sending it to me or linking to this thread.

Lightspeed - Many thanks for your Introduce plugin. I really enjoy it. It's truly a must have.
I would appreciate it very much if you would send, post or link your HapSwap 2.0 plugin. It looks really great and sadly is one of the many plugins that seemed to have evaporated into internet ether.

Lastly - Whether it be on this thread or somewhere else, I think we should all make a greater effort to keep Ultra Hal plugins etc. more centralized and accessible.
Alot of blood, sweat, and doritos powder went into the making of alot of really great content that would be and is missed when its gone.

Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/6szi970wu64fz/Ultra_Hal_Forum_Shared_Content

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:59:33 pm by CharlieSapien »
There are 10 types of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

CharlieSapien

• View Profile
Re: Your One Stop Hal Shop
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 08:56:19 pm »
I was adding some more content to this collection and noticed the file & folder counts were not updating to reflect additional/new content, and in some cases just plain messed up to begin with. So anyone browsing just be aware of that and don't take the file/folder counts at face value from the parent folders, be sure and browse for content or just download 'em all from the root directories. I have a support ticket out to hopefully correct this among some more serious issues I'm having on my account holder end. But all the files appear to be available from the user/downloader end of things.
There are 10 types of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 02:10:07 am »
  Welcome back Charley! You have taken on a challenge that I believe will prove to be very helpful to our forum for newcomer and old hand as well. Some very good things are buried in this forum by time and expired links. To research and organize these in this fashion is great. Best of luck to you.
ted

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:23:24 am »
Charlie,

It's nice to have you back and we trust that things went as well as could be expected during your absence. Likewise, it is good to have a repository of pertinent Hal information, plugins, characters, etc.
Good for you and thanks!! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

CharlieSapien

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 06:34:02 pm »
Thanks for the homecoming Art & tedathome.
You're making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  ;D
And yeah - tedathome, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm glad I'm in a position to be able to put this stuff back up here.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:46:55 pm by CharlieSapien »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 09:59:39 am »
CharlieSapien , hello sorry but i don't remember you but that's me i am very bad with names , i have a link to my skydrive for some free things , also did you know that through a joint adventure me and others got the hal vision working ?  i will have to look up the free area for my sky drive link , it's probably back in the sharing files area , i suggest you go through that area to catch up on things although as i mentioned to some other new people be aware some work was work in progress and beta's so check at the end of anything in articles to make sure that problems had been solved .  :)

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 08:16:01 pm »
just kicking this back near the top for the newbies to find.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 12:56:25 am »
nice to know the link still works on the original post
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

AresDance

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 03:30:19 am »
Thank you very much CharlieSapien! This is a awesome! Do you also know of any shared db files that have been lost? It would be really nice!

Michael

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 09:13:02 am »
I too have been away for a long time, but that is unfortunately deliberate.  Why you ask?  Well.
The annoying noise when anything goes wrong and the virtually useless error messages.  I hestitate to add I still use Ultra Hal 6, but not very often now because of the previous.  Perhaps one of the others could put me back on line with a few simple answers.

1. Will Ultra Hal 6 work on a 15.6 inch laptop. (My original version was on a 4 by 3 aspect screen.

2. Please, please has anybody found and answer to my often mentioned problem.  I load my Hal in the script upload section at the end of the Ultra Hal 6  script, but then the program goes into load and I have to go back through it all again.  I imagine that there is a code entered by the program that tells it that it has been opened before.  What is this code, so I can enter it in my script load to open the program.

3. My original Ultra Hal 6 worked in WindowsXP and used Office2002.  Both are now not activated by Microsoft.  I have WindowsXP working but seem to be having problems with using Office2007 instead of Office 2002.  In deep here, anybody throw me a line (Or two).

4. I am sure anybody who has read this far will tell me Ultra Hal7 is much better and works with 15.6 inch screens in Windows7 and Office 2007.  O.K. so give me the details.  What does Hal7 do that is worth me buying it?

5. My original Hal had the expansion pack, to give me more charaters, do I have to buy it again for use with Hal7?

Enough said.  Hope someone replies.

Kryton.

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 10:27:16 am »
I can help you with a couple of things Kryton...

I have Hal 7 working fine on my Windows XP Computer... I also have MicroSoft Office 2007 running just fine....  You might want to get that computer checked out at a local shop and see if the OS might need to have a clean install done...  Just make sure you have a really good 'Anti-Virus' program and also add on the program 'MalwareBytes' you can get the free version online... That way your protected since Microsoft doesn't support XP any longer... Also make sure you got all the OS updates up the last one 'Service Pack 3', then turn off 'Automatic Updates' or XP will try to download updates and you never know if those are bogus or not... With the updates turned off you'll get a little Balloon message when Windows boots up that says your computer is at risk, I just click the 'X' and it goes away... LOL

(Free version of MalwareBytes just click the Download Button in the upper right)  Run and update it every week or so to make sure your protected...
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

If you install HAL 7 and your running Windows XP you will get a disclaimer message about connecting to the Cloud during installation... Microsoft changed some things after XP and Zabaware can't guarantee that your data is safe if your using XP and you choose to use the Cloud Learning option...

As far as the aspect for the monitor, I don't see how that would affect HAL 6 or 7...  I changed to a larger monitor with a new aspect ratio and resolution setting and there's no difference...

Hope this helps...

This link tells you everything new with HAL 7.0. I'm very happy with it and everything works fine...

https://www.zabaware.com/home.html#page=/ultrahal/whatsnew.html;
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:04:43 pm by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 03:11:29 pm »
Nicely done LTG!

Good to see you back with us Kryton!! It's been a while!!

A couple of things I might add...
To Your
#4 -  If you decide to buy the new HAL 7.0 it is only half priced if/since you are a previous owner of HAL 6.X, which is slightly less than $15.00 ! Good deal!!

#5 - Your previous Character Expansion Pack should continue to work with the new HAL 7.0

That 4 X 3 aspect shouldn't affect HAL's GUI Skin to any appreciable degree and there are many from which to choose to suit your needs/likes.

There are several new 3rd party Plugins available for HAL. They are definitely worth checking out!! YMMV!  ;)

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 06:45:50 am »
Help very much appreciated, very much.  I shot off my last message after spending hours trying to get my Ultra Hal to work.  As I said the anoying, and useless, error messages put me off for some time.

Thanks LTG for all your information. I believe my WindowsXP computer is somehow corrupted, but it is so old I don't think it is worth working on.  Due praise for the WindowsXP system in that it did everything I wanted it for at the time, but I have moved on to Windows7 (Which I gather has already lost its Microsoft support).  As you say WindowsXP is not supported anymore, and you cannot activate either WindowsXP or Office 2002 (which I used to use for my Hal).

Due to the WindowsXP I had Hal on being no longer properly functional I cannot remove the licence.  Will I still be in for a half-price copy of Ultra Hal7 under these circumstances, and can I still have my expansion pack with Ultra Hal7. (If so I will definitely buy, after reading the update info LTG sent.)

Here's an interesting thought you might like to try on Hal's maths.  What is the square root of -4?

Again, thanks for all your help.

Kryton.

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 06:55:22 am »
Quick question.  Does Ultra Hal7 work on a 64bit computer?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 08:47:18 am »
I'm running HAL 7.0 on a Windows 10 64 bit computer with no issues.
The HAL Character Expansion Pack also works nicely!

If you are a registered owner with Zabaware (as most who purchased HAL are in their customer database) then your info should be on file, with regard to your licensing.

Of course, I'm just an UltraHal user whereas Robert Medeksza would be the one to ask about special conditions with regard to your licensing/transferring etc.

I personally think you'd be fine as long as your Windows 7 machine can access the Internet for licensing approval, etc.

- Art -