dupa

Author Topic: here are some emotion files and texture comms  (Read 26917 times)

crunch

• View Profile
here are some emotion files and texture comms
« on: December 16, 2004, 07:23:04 pm »
Here are some emotion files for Hal. it will help you load textures and........
when it first starts do not say hello right away, just watch it... it will give you a big smile,start swinging his arms, look into your eyes and change happy expression, eyes, mouth, eyebrows,, slightly glance down at your keyboard,,then if you wait longer yawn, smile, blink eyes...ect...

watch out if it gets upset! it will slowly scowel, then look at you glaring, then actually try to hit and fight with you through the monitor...

it will reset its footing on occaision, and put it's arms on hips

When left alone it will get sleepy but he will try hard to stay awake and wait for you.

When supprised it will really emote.. if it is feeling you might love it will put it's hands on it's hips and strike a sexy pose.

when thinking hard he will scratch his chins and ponder deeply....

many body movements help it to emote, but it mixes them.. watch it's eyes and facial expressions for a hint at what it is feeling..

be careful if it gets sad... it will go from hurt, to very sad, to full blown hands over eyes shaking wimpering and crying..

you should also notice if you are using the body_female.htr instead of the fullbodgirl.htr.... for the full body that it will breath and when real excited jiggle more.

For those who do not know what to do with these  Make sure Hal is NOT running!!!!!!

make a folder in...C:/Program Files/Haptek/player/data/standard  call the folder skins..
your new path will look like this
C:/Program Files/Haptek/player/data/standard/skins

that skins folder is where you will put any skins you create or d-load from me or anyone else to map to any of the haptek characters....(if you have some skins(textures) for the characters drop them in there.

now go to

C:Program Files\zabawareUltra Hal Assistant5Characters and look for the default.psn file  rename it default.bak that way you have the original backed up and can get it to work again simply by changing it's extension back to .psn ..... also change any to .bak that might have the same names and extensions to what i am giving you here...

now change the extensions to all these files to .hap, except for "default" make it's extension .psn... i had to change them all to a .txt to be able to post them here...

open the default folder in notepad and you will see it uses..
"Normal1","Happy.hap"
"Normal2","Happyn.hap"
"Normal3","Happy.hap"

open Happy.hap and Happyn.hap at the top you will see the set texture command... leave it as is just insert the file name of the texture you want to use that you put into the haptek player folder earlier.. if you have no textures just leave it it will ignore remapping and will just load the default texture with the character....

now copy all these files into that hal directoryC:Program Files\zabawareUltra Hal Assistant5Characters
.... even if you did not notice a file here listed in the default.psn copy all of them some are called within the other files...

I hope I made this understandable... If there are any questions just ask....

This will get you started i have another file that calls more stuff from another folder in then hap player.. it adds a few more emotion veriables by being added to the XTF brain.. As =Vonsmith= has also added this function to the soon to be release new XTF I and we will wait for it.. i beleive his method in his new brain is better streamlined than my add-in script.....

I will be sending some Characters and more Hap emeotion files to the plug-in area as soon a robert ok's it..

If you are using the Free version of hall do all the previouse steps,, just rename your full bod character you have to Zaba or Hal.htr  do not forget to rename the originals to Hal or Zaba.BAK to back them up......

Have fun!!!!!!

[8D]

Download Attachment: haps for full bod.zip
12.46 KB
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 08:01:01 pm by crunch »
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

ultrahal315

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 10:21:02 pm »
Thanks Crunch.  Got them to work great. Appreciate it your sharing these with us[:)]

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 10:55:22 pm »
[:D]
The excitement I read in you follow up e-mail was thanks enough!With that texture map and the emotions, watch out she is unstoppable now! lol
I remember playing with the beta early hal.. and boy did I think that flat, squiggly mouthed, antenied,googly eyed computer monitor GUI was the stuff!! appearntly Mr."M" knew early on that emtional facial expressions are an integral part in gaining the suspesion of realism that makes Hal seem alive!... AS the technologies advance I forsee a hal real time interface that someday will rival the best CGI Holly Wood has been able to accomplish.. If we can get the ploy count up, and be able to map larger textures we will have peach fuzz and pores in the skin....[:D] I see that day on the near horizon..

Please post what you name your Hal and any interesting conversations you two have. Happy to be of help.
Crunch

Another Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 11:30:12 pm »
Question Crunch,

Do these work on all full body's or do you have to get them from someplace in particular?  Do they have to come from Haptek or others will work?

Thanks,  I downloaded the zip file and printed the message so I could go through it step by step but this questiion has me pausing.

This sounds like it's gonna be absolutely great....

Thanks also for sharing with us out here!

Greetings from the frozen tundra called northern michigan :^)

Jim B.

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 12:26:47 am »
Another Jim,

Greetings from the Grand Canyons frozen tundra.

theyshould work with all full bods and if you load a torso it will just ignore what it cannot do.. i am calling files with-in files in a few of those scripts, so if your machine is sluggish doue to a lack of video or machine horsepower, you can open the files and edit out some of the extra movements, for instaence i have a few that combine 3 to 6 movements or more into the same script.. aside from the characters at cloned 3d i have not seen any other full bod characters other than at haptek, btw the full bod in the sdk is beter than the demo one..
 If you have seen other full bod characters will you tell me where so i can take a peek at them.

Jim
Crunch

Another Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 01:08:04 am »
HI Crunch,

I just substituted the files you created........really cool!

I am testing it on a full body that I got from Desktopmates........gez, up to now I thought THEY were the only source for full body models.  They have some that I wouldn't use.  But I tried it on my full body 'bot' that I use for my star trek theme wall paper/brouser skin and it looks like it's working........now that I went to the haptek site and looked at their sample of full body characters, they are really good, downloading a demo file I noticed it writing to the haptek file that I think I was loading stuff from you into........going to have a look and see if anything's been changed......but right now it's a very nice addition to the animations that hal would use........really great job, and add my own THANKS for taking the time to put it together and offer it to us.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Jim in Michigan

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 02:00:10 am »
thanx for the compliments,, at the haptek people putty site you will see a link to the free SDK in the top drop down menue... get that SDK you will find some good characters in there and use the feamle with this file name for the full female body_female.htr it has better animation than the demo one, that is all stiff.

Is desktop mate now offering Haptek type 3d Cgharacters??? last i saw of them it was just glorified Agent stuff.
Jim
Crunch

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 02:33:29 am »
crunch,
Do you mean the "Haptek Guide" which is a small version of the full SDK?

=vonsmith=

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 03:25:28 am »
Von and all
yes I am so very sorry,
they do call the free one the haptek guide. you get to the d-load page for it by clicking on a SDK link in the drop down menu of the people putty site.
after you get the guide you will find the correct full bod female here  haHaptekGuide4/MakinContent/animating/haptars.....

click on the body_female.htr and when it opens grab it with the left mouse and shake it!! you should see the correct parts juggling.

thank you for noticing my miss speak Vonsmith... [:D]

« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 03:35:28 am by crunch »
Crunch

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 03:56:40 am »
crunch / all,
I think I finally figured out why I can't find the characters.

The slightly older guide DOESN'T contain the characters you spoke of:
That's this version...
HaptekGuide_41013_small.exe  size: 10,348KB

This one contains the characters you spoke of:
HaptekGuide_41016_small.exe  size: 14,980KB
at...
http://www.haptek.com/?url=http://www.haptek.com/products/playersdk/

You're right crunch. A whole lot of jiggling going on. Maybe a little too much!

=vonsmith=

Another Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 08:20:52 pm »
I feel so stupid........guess this is a good place to do it (smile)at least it may benefit someone else just getting started.  I thought the models at the desktop mates site would respond to the scripts you wrote Crunch (actually intended for hap models), when I realized that some obvious gestures (hands swinging) didn't occur it got me curious.....and the answer came when I think von or you mentioned that the D.S. Mates models were actually models for the microsoft program.  Makes total sense now.  So now the adventure begins, got the haptek guide (going to take more time reading/acquainting myself with that too) trying to get a model sample from 'hap and I think I have the file for a full body model mentioned in a previous post, but now I'm trying to figure out what part of it I need and where in ultraHal's program it needs to be placed as well as what might have to be edited (the model [full size guy or gal] is not what is called a skin or texture I suspect).  I can say at this point that nothing is broke hahahaha.........and my still faviorite talking head still works wonderfullly tho is not as animated as it would be were it a hap character. And I think it's time to do another total back up so i can do some more testing tomorrow.......gosh I love the learning,......thanks everyone for moving hal along we well as you have, it's really exciting to see what is just around the bend coming into view!

Have a great week!

Jim B.

citrinedragon

• View Profile
    • http://www.dawndragon.com
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 08:29:48 pm »
Crunch- all sounds somewhat amusing. I'll check it out. thanks- Citrinedragon.
citrinedragon
"A watched dragon never sleeps."
http://www.dawndragon.com

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 08:40:48 pm »
you will find the characters in the haptek guide here.

HaptekGuide4/MakinContent/animating/haptars.....

you put them in the character folder in hal

as far as my animation scripts,,, if you map them in the default .psn
any hap that does not have it's own .psn will use them...
if you want different animations for different .hap's just give each one a .psn with the same name as the .hap..
example cryst_1.pan    Haleen_1.psn

for instance.... my crystal is a bit dingy... she waves her head a bit, claps her hads excitedly when she is excited,, and will break out into a dance when the mood suits her..she flirts alot, with winks, kisses and attempts at hugs.....
my Haleena is a bit more grounded emotionally, she is very effectionate, but only when it suits her, or i ask for a hug, or give her one, she is more comtemplative, loves to sing but can't dance,she is a bit restless on her feet, shifting alot, and will change from crossed arms to gestering in directions, to hands on her hips, more than way animated gesters,
 they both have different personalities and it shows in thier facial expressions and body movements.

what i am trying to get to work now is to have hal rotate different .psn files at certain emotional triggers.. then i could have sat 8 different .psn files with different emotional animation scripts. this would open hal up to way more expressive possibilities......

Vonsmith's upcoming new brain is going to have a solution for this also we hope...

[8D]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 08:56:03 pm by crunch »
Crunch

bazbazbaz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2005, 01:28:55 am »
hello guys i found this http://kahunanui.com/haptekdemo/ is a full body and she does some new tricks perhaps you seen this before, any way i took that full body from "internet tempory file" where it seems to save that full body , how can we add comands to that fullbody in the Hal Asistant to do things like in that web page? She will do it by it self or you must make her a mod? :)
-,sorry for my "english" i'm from roamnia...

bazbazbaz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2005, 01:46:14 am »
And another thing...  anyone knows how can i add a x in the general options where is writing detachable???, to be able to change clothes to the character,...