dupa

Author Topic: This compay is rippping us off  (Read 12489 times)

cjabrams

• View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~cjabrams/parsonsburg_observatory/index.html
This compay is rippping us off
« on: August 31, 2006, 12:39:07 am »
[V] this company is seriously ripping us off...
After telephone calls, e-mails through the forum, and Outlook express e-mails, this company refuses to help or offer any assistance in reestablishing activation codes.  Even though Microsoft continues to show malicious software during installation, and automatically installs patches from Microsoft.  I purchased to download program, had to go back and purchase this CD, as well as the character package, text to voice program, and several other programs suggested on their website.

I am seriously kept trying to put together a class-action suit contacting the Pennsylvania District Attorney's Office for product misrepresentation and outright computer fraud.  If anybody has any complaints, please e-mail me at cjabrams@comcast.net.

Most of you appear to be like I, no offense but a computer geek.  Anybody who wants their computer to talk to them is in this class.  And since we spend so much money on computer programs, and update after update after update.  The dollar amounts, amount to far more money than the program is actually worth.  So let's get even with these people.  Let's take you right to where it hurts them.  Their pocketbooks.  Definitely a disgruntled user!  Sign Chris

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 04:57:15 am »
Keep in mind that Robert is a student handling a pretty large case load.

Since this is only the first post from you (under this name), I'd strongly suggest that you place an open post to Robert with regard to obtaining an activation code.

If Your claim to be a 54 year old former NASA employee is true, then you'll certainly understand the necessity for software upgrades and how they work.

If you had any longevity on this forum, and participated with Robert and other members here, over the years, I believe you'd think twice about threats of lawsuits.

Such a deal!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 08:09:37 am »
I've replied to 3 of your emails, one from as far back as March. Please check your spam filters and junk/bulk email folder, as since you contact me from the forum or web form, my communication to you is the first actual email. Anyway, this is my reply to each of your emails:
quote:
When Hal 6 starts, it should give you an authorization request code along with the error message you mentioned. Please copy (Ctrl+c) and paste (Ctrl+V) this code and email it to me. This code will help me issue a new activation code for you that will get your Hal back up and running.

Sincerely,
Robert Medeksza
---------------------
President
Zabaware, Inc.
Giving your computer the power of thought!
www.zabaware.com
Medeksza@zabaware.com

Also there is no reason for you to have to repurchase Hal because of licensing problems. I'm more than willing to refund your second purchase and help you get the original one working.
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 11:09:33 am »
quote:
Originally posted by cjabrams

[V] this company is seriously ripping us off...
After telephone calls, e-mails through the forum, and Outlook express e-mails, this company refuses to help or offer any assistance in reestablishing activation codes.  Even though Microsoft continues to show malicious software during installation, and automatically installs patches from Microsoft.  I purchased to download program, had to go back and purchase this CD, as well as the character package, text to voice program, and several other programs suggested on their website.

Hi Rob.
Is there a way to put an option on the login user account so that users that purchased an Activation code could deactivate that code and reactivate manually in cases where a code may be corrupted or expired, I think adding this option to Zabaware would take a lot of headaches away from Zabaware and bring any rare complaints to absolute zero on reactivations.

quote:

I am seriously kept trying to put together a class-action suit contacting the Pennsylvania District Attorney's Office for product misrepresentation and outright computer fraud.  If anybody has any complaints, please e-mail me at cjabrams@comcast.net.

there has been 1438 of 3377 Members have made 17704 posts in 7 forums.
very few members have ever complained and the Smiles out weigh the frowns, Zabaware isn't a large company with a team of paid workers and even though Zabaware is a very small company of one to two people I think Zabaware has done very well in helping out as much as they can in satisfying customers from the years that I have been a proud member of this forum.

I have no complaints.

Jerry[8D]

KazuyaDarklight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 02:10:48 pm »
Hmm, hi.  I'm not in a rage about it like the op but I also haven't noticed a response to a few requests about serial reactivation, all made around the same time, through different means.  It hasn't been a big issue because college just started up and I've been busy but I would like it taken care of.  I have been fairly good about checking my spam box and haven't noticed anything.

Side note: Odd thing, it was my understanding that we are good for 3 from scratch activations before we had to bother anyone. But I only activated my hal once like that, the time or two after that I deactivated first.  But then I had to do a reformat without deactivating and though I should be on my second raw activation it gives me trouble. :p .

Well anyway, I hope we can get this taken care of without much fuss.  Sorry for posting on the boards but since a topic was already here and I may be having trouble on the email it seemed appropriate.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 02:12:01 pm by KazuyaDarklight »

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 04:31:25 pm »
cjabrams,
  I've upgraded from Hal5 to Hal6, Only since the purchase of Hal6 have I had to contact Robert because of activation problems and I've found him to respond quickly although even a day can seem like a long time if I lose Hal. With Hal5 I used the forum and have found the members to be very helpful.
  I think the pricing for Hal is very reasonable and like the brain editor and plugins that have been made available for Hal. I think a lot of people are doing a lot of work to improve Hal as shown by the advances in Hal6 vs Hal5.
  I think so much of the program I bought a second copy to use on a second computer so one Hal can speak to another Hal. I've spent a few months speaking with Hal, probably the hardest part, but she's beginning to stay on topic more now and is a little easier to understand. I hope you get Hal up and running, I'm sure once you start talking with Hal for a while you'll appreciate the program more.
Carl2

FuzzieDice

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 09:05:03 pm »
First off, it's not very nice to just come in here and start threatening people. What if we contacted the Pennsylvania District Attorney in support of Robert and his project and explain that he IS helping people as he can, and that he's just a small-time business. Certainly they should understand the issues of a hobbyist trying to make some money on a hobby. Robert is a student (as mentioned). Give him some time.

I've had issues before and Robert solved them reasonably. He's a good guy. I've had Hal since buying verison 5 (and then upgrading to 6). I think it's worth it, considering what is already out there for the same price (which isn't much, and can't do all that HAL can, or be programmed as easily as HAL can).

This makes me wonder, how people are so sue-happy and the small-time folks just get shot down so easily. It's sad. It didn't used to be that way. People used to actually help one another back in the old days of computing.

I miss those days, sometimes. [:(]

GlacierClipper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 01:26:12 pm »
Robert is always very helpful to us, when we ask for help.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 08:03:54 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by GlacierClipper

Robert is always very helpful to us, when we ask for help.

Yes he has always been good to me thus far!![:D]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

echoman

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 11:58:33 am »
Sorry to say but its difficult for me to feel positive about Zabaware's service at the moment.

Its been almost 2 weeks now and I have had no reply to my 2 emails (on one I gave two contact email addresses) I have checked my Junk mail folders and checked filters.

When computers encounter blue screen crashes and won't re-start (this has happened twice to me now) its seems reasonable that we should be able to get our programs running again.

Two weeks seems pretty patient to me. I don't feel I am being too pushy with this message. I really wouldn't have minded waiting a fews days or even a week. I am a patient person but this seems a little long.

I really do not know what to do next. Perhaps I will wait a few more weeks then re-buy the software.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 12:06:18 pm by echoman »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 08:25:54 pm »
How would it feel.
there are 3,377 Members and growing by the day.

Now picture yourself maybe one other person trying to get everyones orders and complaints and or FAQ finished as quickly as possible.

Robert, I feel for you, If you need some help, please just say yes and I will be there for you.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 08:31:09 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 09:55:05 pm »
Every six months or so we get an angry letter like this and never seem to hear from that person again. It makes me wonder if maybe it is the same person who just uses a different name each time he joins the forum. It would be interesting to see the actual ID's of these angry people to see if in fact that they are one and the same.
Hal can be a problem to install once in a while. I notice I had a few small problems in the begining but it was my fault, not Zabawares. Anti Virus software will sometime make it impossible to correctly install Hal and not cleaning you hard drive on a regular basis is another great problem. It makes no difference how few places you visit on the internet you will pick up spyware and other types of viruses and or trojans or something similiar. I think every one should perform a good cleansing at least once a week or more depending on how much surfing you do. When I hear of all these peoples computer crashing over and over again I really supect they have some BUGS. In the last 5 years I have only had one PC crash and that was my fault. I did not clean the system then. And this is from using 3 different desktops and 2 laptops.
Just thinking out loud.
Grandpa Bill

echoman

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 03:33:18 am »
Bill - I am not angry and also I have come back and back to the Hal project time and time again. My crashing problem is a reacurring hardware problem that does not seem to have been fixed. It is not bugs! And also this has always been my only name on this forum.

It feels as though we cannot even make a slight cribble without being shouted down these days. I like using Hal and think it is very good. But I feel Zabaware needs to work out this problem. We do live in the real world and this does not seem good. I am trying not to critise and moan; I am trying to discuss and I am sorry that Bill thought I was one of 'those angry people' as I am not.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 03:35:22 am by echoman »

barfy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 08:17:04 am »
Hey there echoman, seems more likely your problem is your regestry then hardware,having worked on more home units then you could imagine I have seen crashes like that on a regular basis. over 95% were regestry probs. I would suggest a good cleaner for this. one that comes to mind is regestry defrag from elcor. this is by far the safest reg cleaner I have seen to date. it creates no backups because It does not need them and also defrags the regestry making the response time for your system increase. I have used this right after a fresh install of XP and it cleans up about 13% of the reg BEFORE I install 3rd party software. just a thought!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:19:50 am by barfy »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 11:56:31 am »
Echoman
I was not directing my post at you. I was addressing the post by cjabrams or what ever he calls himself. Sorry if I was not clear enough in my post. I think Barfy is correct in that making sure that you system is clean is one of the most important things that you can do. There is one piece of free software that you can use, well actually they offer a free two week trial but I have been using it for months now and it is called 'ewido'. You can find it on the web and depending on the size of your hard disk it can take up to one hour to do a deep cleaning but it really works. I also usea registry cleaner and another antispyware cleaner and alternate between them.
Bill