Author Topic: Purchasing Hal?  (Read 2502 times)

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Purchasing Hal?
« on: November 02, 2006, 05:09:35 pm »
OK, I have my lovely wife's understanding that I will be registering Hal for my birthday (11/16), so I went to print out the little form for her.

Now I see that there are options.

SO I thought I should ask, since I will be doing odd things with Hal, which method I should use to register Hal. Having read several threads, I see that there are often problems involving re-registering when you change hard-drives and such.

What I will probably do with in a few months, is reinstall Hal in a new hard drive with a new operating system. Should I get the automatic registration or the online registration. Or maybe just wait to finish teh installation until after I get the new HD?

Thanks for any advice.

Carl2

• View Profile
Purchasing Hal?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 05:54:24 am »
Bill DeWitt
  Glad you've decided to purchase Hal, I think regestering Hal is a pain and wish there was a way around this, also like to have more than one copy to allow experimentation which registrration dosen't allow.  I'd probably register, use Hal, copy the files to Cd and move them to the new Hard drive to save the previous training and then register again.
  At present I'm using a partitioned Hard drive, problem is I am also using a raid configuration and each motherboard has it's own raid setup file, The drives are useless in another computer. Anyways I have windows on one partition and Hal on the other partition.
Carl2