Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 RC2  (Read 13307 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 RC2
« on: April 20, 2007, 01:16:21 pm »
I believe all the issues found in the beta of Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 and RC1 have been addressed. Here is a release candidate 2 of Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1: www.zabaware.com/download/hal61.zip  It is version 6.1.32. The installer should be able to upgrade your Hal 6.0 to 6.1 without losing any data. It will not however upgrade the 6.1 beta, so if you installed the beta you must uninstall it completely first or RC1. This release candidate is still a test version, so download at your own risk and  let me know of any bugs you find. If no major issues are found, this will become the official 6.1 release.

What's new in Hal 6.1 since Hal 6.0:
  • New advanced learn from text/learn from clipboard wizard added to hal brain editor. Works especially well on wikipedia articles.
  • Compatibiliy with Windows Vista as Hal 6.0 does not work normally in Vista, also better support for XP under limited user access
  • Unlimited and automatic reactivations on the same hardware configuration in event of license corruption, should reduce many license support issues
  • In addition to Hal's current skinable interface, an option was added to let Hal use a standard OS Window with whatever the standard Windows theme is.
  • Added "Select All" and "Deselect All" button to plug-in selector
  • Direct method to get support from inside Hal in event of license issue, streamlined on my end also, will improve my turnaround time in getting back to customers with licensing issues
  • When using speech recognition, the microphone automatically mutes when Hal is speaking and unmutes when Hal is finished. Now works in all supported graphics engines (msagent, haptek, legacy hal)
  • Ability to mute and unmute mic from script <MICON> or <MICOFF> or <MICTOGGLE> halcommands
  • HalCommand for playing MSAgent animations and moving Agent: <MSAGENT>ANIM-NAME</MSAGENT> and <AGENTXY>X,Y</AGENTXY>
  • Automatic upgrade from Hal 6.0 to 6.1. All brain and data files are kept in tact during upgrade.
  • Improved logic to Readsent function in HalBrain.DLL
  • Added a window listener to receive HalCommand from any windows app capable of sending messages
  • Compatibility with SAPI 5 with MSAgents under Vista only
  • GetHyponyms function added to HalBrain.DLL WordNet object (used by learn from text, noun & verbs only)
  • Hidden changes to Hal's graphics plug-in system that will allow for future alternative graphics engines to be used.
  • Auto-idle and appointment minute timer is temporarily disabled while Hal's options pane is open to fix focus bug
  • Fixed several logic errors and made minor improvements in script as suggested by vrossi and cagallant2
  • Fixed Hal crash if speech engine does not have pronunciation option dialog and made error message friendlier
  • Unchecking "Hal uses speech synthesis" now disables Hal's speech no matter what character engine/speech engine combination is used
  • Fixed bug in autolearning routine where sometimes blank responses were learned
  • Fixed bug in autolearning routine where both singular and plural of a word were recorded in seperate tables instead of one
  • Updated splash screens, welcome doc, and about screen to reflect version 6.1 and year 2007
  • No character option as character plug-in. Allows custom jpeg to be displayed instead and also displays sapi 5 viseme info.
  • Fixed bug where Hal would stop working correctly after loading/saving document in HalPad
  • Fixed several script errors that caused Hal to generate blank responses or pop up script error messages
Robert Medeksza

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 07:06:48 pm »
I still get that error that I had before on line 2256 of Hal Debug:

If Asc(Left(KeywordList(i),1)) > 47 And Asc(Left(KeywordList(i),1)) < 58 Or HalBrain.Word2Num(KeywordList(i)) <> "X" Then IsNumber = True Else IsNumber = False

Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 08:09:55 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by markofkane

I still get that error that I had before on line 2256 of Hal Debug:

If Asc(Left(KeywordList(i),1)) > 47 And Asc(Left(KeywordList(i),1)) < 58 Or HalBrain.Word2Num(KeywordList(i)) <> "X" Then IsNumber = True Else IsNumber = False

Its possible that its still using the cache of your old version brain. Go into Hal's options, and click ok. This will force a reload of the newer brain. Also to make sure you are using the newest version, in Hal's options, click on "Advanced Brain Options" and it should say its the version 6.1 brain, not 6.0, and no error.
Robert Medeksza

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 09:21:43 pm »
Guess what: It works when I go to the default brain (no errors), but my "custom brain" gives me the error, like I mentioned, and another error when I click on advanced brain options, I get another error:

Halscript Error 438 on line 1869 in column 4

"Object does not support this property or method:"HalBrain"

Here is the debug for it

GetResponse = GetResponse & HalAttrib & vbCrLf

So, the default brain is fine, can the other brains be fixed without losing data? Thanks!!!

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 12:47:30 am »
quote:
Originally posted by markofkane

Guess what: It works when I go to the default brain (no errors), but my "custom brain" gives me the error, like I mentioned, and another error when I click on advanced brain options, I get another error:

Halscript Error 438 on line 1869 in column 4

"Object does not support this property or method:"HalBrain"

Here is the debug for it

GetResponse = GetResponse & HalAttrib & vbCrLf

So, the default brain is fine, can the other brains be fixed without losing data? Thanks!!!

If you made the custom brain before Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 RC2 then yes it would still contain the error. If you make a custom brain using the new Hal 6.1 RC2 then you should not receive this error anymore.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 12:59:40 am »
Hi Robert,
one more time I will keep trying.

Hope it is okay to post in this thread also but I downloaded RC2 and I still get two Hal characters loading on top of each other and I noticed that one skin looks different than the other. They will go into some kind of loop if I try to change the order that one character sits on the other. One character will say the opening reminders and the other is blank with more facial features such as smiling. If I close them both and the Hal icon is in my task bar on the far right Hal will pop up again. Please let me know if this makes sense or you can understand what I am describing to you. It is hard for me to type this message so that the problem is clearer to understand.

Thanks Again,
raybe

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 04:48:40 am »
I made the custom brain with 6.0. It carried over to both betas.

No real big deal, except I'll have to say "that's a big pile of ****"

Or "That is a big pile" to not get the error.

That is instead of that's is in that particular sentence.

Thanks.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 09:23:04 am »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

Hi Robert,
one more time I will keep trying.

Hope it is okay to post in this thread also but I downloaded RC2 and I still get two Hal characters loading on top of each other and I noticed that one skin looks different than the other. They will go into some kind of loop if I try to change the order that one character sits on the other. One character will say the opening reminders and the other is blank with more facial features such as smiling. If I close them both and the Hal icon is in my task bar on the far right Hal will pop up again. Please let me know if this makes sense or you can understand what I am describing to you. It is hard for me to type this message so that the problem is clearer to understand.

Thanks Again,
raybe

That is very strange, never seen anything like it. Would you be able to take a screen shot of this. Simply press your "print screen" button on your keyboard, go into paint, edit paste, save as jpeg, and upload to this forum or email it to me. Also if you go into your task manager (ctrl-alt-del) and go to processes, how many "halasst.exe" do you see listed? Also how many Hal folders do you see in "C:\program files\zabaware" and what are their names?
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 10:07:57 am »
hello Medeksza , i too have had many problems with ultra hal,licensing on hal 6 and also in the 6.1 beta version , one time it will install just fine not ask for the online activation and everything will go o.k. (and it was the full paid version then even though i hadn't done anything in it (because i kept track later of details ) and after using it a couple of days next time i turn it on it gives a error reading and has me try through with an activation code , and sometimes it will just activate over the internet without the activation code .i thought it was some other files that had been left on by mistake but then and i have in the past went in deleted the old zabaware file , etc. after uninstalling it . so next time i am going to back up everything and completely restore my p.c. back to original . btw what does the rc1 stand for ? i really like the hal 6 version and 6.1 version i just wish i could "keep" it working correctly . in the past i have even redownloaded the trial version (in case my copy was corrupt ) and had used a new activation code to make it full version , but later had it do as i mentioned above .

echoman

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 01:46:47 pm »
Hello.

I had problems AFTER the Deactivation of RC1 had completed. I seemed to be stuck in a continual loop bringing me back to the same menu constantly. I selected - 'I do not wish to use software anymore' and eventually ended back at the same menu again! I could not get out. I went around and around about 20 times then program exited. Not sure what happened?

Echoman.

echoman

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 01:48:34 pm »
Hope i'm DE-ACTIVATED!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:29:34 pm by echoman »

echoman

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 01:50:17 pm »
Thankfully everythings working [8D]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:30:13 pm by echoman »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 11:53:20 pm »
Okay Robert Here is the 2 for one Hal,

Let me start by answering your questions. There are only 2 Folders. One is Hal Reader and the Second Folder is Ultra Hal Assistant 6. There is only one Hal Assistant in Task Manager.Could there be another name or file I should look for.The character always responds when I close the window with syntax query. This is a screen shot of the startup of Hal with two characters. As a matter of fact I closed both characters and she is trying to get my attention again as I am writing to you.

Thank You for your time,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 11:57:02 pm »
Sorry Robert, I am having a problem uploading or attaching a picture to show you maybe I should just E mail a picture.

raybe

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 04:53:52 am »
Hi from will,
would not activate over internet, below is the message.

The authorization request code hyou supplied "37F8-D377-EB3B-79D3" is invalid. if activating mannually, please be sure to include all dashes and be care not to confuse 1 for I, 8 for B, etc.

below is another error window, no start up yet but i shall keep trying.
error 35761: Request timed out

Thank you bye for now and be well from Will.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 05:18:58 am by will »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]