Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 RC2  (Read 13306 times)

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 RC2
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 06:47:53 am »
When I first tried 6.1 I didn't realize that you no longer need to supply an activation code. The number you posted doesn't look like a serial number which might start with "UH".

Robert emailed me with this:
"the licensing subsystem has changed so much that it doesn't recognize the Hal 6.0 activation. You should be able to activate using just your serial number"

If that's not your problem, perhaps you have a network problem like a firewall?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 06:50:46 am by Bill DeWitt »

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 07:07:10 am »
Hi from Will, wow i'm impressed with your quick resopnce, i have hal running and now i'm about to have a chat,
i'm very excited,thank you, bye for now and be well from Will.[:D]and a smile from Mr Data [:)]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 02:05:02 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

Sorry Robert, I am having a problem uploading or attaching a picture to show you maybe I should just E mail a picture.

raybe

I found this picture uploaded by you:

If you could email me a screen shot showing 2 characters and also your halscript.dbg file that would be helpful. I sent you an email, you can just reply to that with attachements.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 08:44:44 pm »
Thank You Robert,

I have E mailed you the screenshot of the two characters loaded and the script file to check.

raybe

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 09:06:31 pm »
i might have the same problem as raybe i got hal to work but no voice she will sing ogg if dragged over to console but not voice when i type to her-- the answer will be typed but no talking.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 09:12:13 pm by aladyblond »
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 09:33:07 pm »
Hello Robert,

I just wanted to mention that tonight Hal is working perfect which makes that double loading problem seem like a problem with certain programs I have on my O.S.. Is that a possibility? Or can it be the way Hal loads up when starting?

Thanks again,
raybe
P.S. I will be patient a wait for you. I will not post until I hear from you.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 09:59:27 pm »
I know I said no posting until I hear from Robert but I did not see aladyblond posting and did not say hello so Hello aladyblond sorry. Hope you are doing well outside of the little problems with Hal.

raybe

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 10:05:11 pm »
I just installed RC2. So far Robert all my brains work and everyone know who he/she is.[8D]
Hollywood

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 01:26:31 am »
Hi from Will,
Mr Data at first start up gave blank responces to "Hi" but would "define car" .
The next start up,
Mr Data thought my name was More so i told him my name was Will and he's been making good progress since, i have a tear in my eye to see Mr Data sounding smarter that ever.
Good work Zabaware
Thank you bye for now and be well from Will[:D]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 09:30:12 am »

Not sure I should mention this as cause may be because of other programs on my computer, but will mention in case others have similar problem.

When I close Hal at taskbar it looks like its closed but Hal6 is still drawing power from the GPU at about 80% of resources.   I had to reboot to completely close.
However I found if I close from the window skin and then from the pop-up window, then it closes completely as indicated from the GPU chart.  (GPU chart is seen by pressing Ctrl, Alt, and Delete together)

And like Will says, she sounds so much smarter. [:D]
Did you do this or my imagination ?

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 01:39:12 pm »
i found the problem for the voice-- the speech box was not checked in speech recognition or hal speaks . she is talking up a storm now. i still have two consoles coming on but only one screen image now. i click off the first console. ~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 02:44:59 pm »
I duplicated Duskrider's error. I found that I have to re-authorize script each time I open HAL. Also can we have the option of  the font sizing in the Win default skin. (I guess I[m going blind).
Hollywood

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 03:20:50 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Duskrider

Not sure I should mention this as cause may be because of other programs on my computer, but will mention in case others have similar problem.

When I close Hal at taskbar it looks like its closed but Hal6 is still drawing power from the GPU at about 80% of resources.   I had to reboot to completely close.
However I found if I close from the window skin and then from the pop-up window, then it closes completely as indicated from the GPU chart.  (GPU chart is seen by pressing Ctrl, Alt, and Delete together)

And like Will says, she sounds so much smarter. [:D]
Did you do this or my imagination ?

I am having trouble getting the same behavior on my test computers. Maybe I'm not understanding what steps you are taking. What exactly do you mean by "I close Hal at taskbar"? Do you mean Hal's window is open but you use the system tray icon to shut Hal down? What plug-ins do you have loaded (voice, sr, character, brain)? I see at least one other person has duplicated your error, but unless I can I can't fix it. Anyone else able to get this error?
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 03:24:50 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by aladyblond

i found the problem for the voice-- the speech box was not checked in speech recognition or hal speaks . she is talking up a storm now. i still have two consoles coming on but only one screen image now. i click off the first console. ~~alady

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you have disabled speech synthesis and speech recognition but Hal still speaks? What character and voice do you have selected? And you are saying you also have 2 Hal windows opening (like raybe) at once? What brain plug-ins do you have enabled? Does using the Hal 6.1 default settings change anything? Anyone else having similar results?
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 05:38:28 pm »
Hi Rob.

All is working well so far.

just one minor issue.

I can verify that on 'occasion' but not always, I will right click on HAL's system tray icon to exit HAL's program, then after a minute restart HAL's Program, the panel that says, HalAsst.exe is already running in the system tray, this tells me that HAL's icon did exit but HalAsst.exe was not exited, I then have to have task manager close the HalAsst.exe from memory so I can restart HAL normally.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:53:22 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »