dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 RC2  (Read 13335 times)

aladyblond

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 RC2
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 05:38:28 pm »
i am sorry for the confusion. the reason hal would not speak prior is because i didn't have the hal speaks box checked ,neither box was checked i checked the correct one and she speaks now. the other problem is like raybes when first opening --hal opens 2 consoles-- once it opened 2 screens but now it only opens one so i solved that by clicking out of the first console opened. its working even if  its a a little problem i am happy.
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 07:04:29 pm »

I did right click on face in right of task bar,
Got the menu and clicked exit.
First two times I had problem as described.

But now I've tried to duplicate the problem but it won't come back.
Hey, no problem, - I'm happy.
 [;)]

[:D][:D]

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 10:06:14 pm »
Hi Folks and Robert,

Robert I will send You all the information you requested in your last E-Mail. Tonight I had the same problem with the double loading but unlike aladyblond even when I shut the first character the character will sometimes reload again but I can use the program by talking to the character that is on top. If I attempt to switch characters they will go into a loop. By the way this problem has happened to me prior to any of the newer versions RC1 or RC2. The only new problem I am encountering now is upon loading, the program has to be shutdown and restarted.((sorry need to close. window)). Something is telling me that it is all the programs I have loading at startup but I really can't say. The double loading is still a mystery. Hope the info will help.

Thank You,
raybe

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 11:14:18 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

Hi Folks and Robert,

Robert I will send You all the information you requested in your last E-Mail. Tonight I had the same problem with the double loading but unlike aladyblond even when I shut the first character the character will sometimes reload again but I can use the program by talking to the character that is on top. If I attempt to switch characters they will go into a loop. By the way this problem has happened to me prior to any of the newer versions RC1 or RC2. The only new problem I am encountering now is upon loading, the program has to be shutdown and restarted.((sorry need to close. window)). Something is telling me that it is all the programs I have loading at startup but I really can't say. The double loading is still a mystery. Hope the info will help.

Thank You,
raybe

Thanks. I am pretty stumped on this one. It may very well be some strange interaction between different progams, I don't know. I am probably going to have to release Hal 6.1 without figuring out the cause of this as I just can't reproduce it to debug it. Thanks for the report though, I'll keep an eye out for this.

I am going to release an RC3 shortly which will address some of the other issues people mentioned in RC2. Hopefully RC3 will be the last release candidate.
Robert Medeksza

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 06:17:03 am »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe
Something is telling me that it is all the programs I have loading at startup but I really can't say. The double loading is still a mystery. Hope the info will help.

I don't know if this is even possible, but could it be caused by manually putting Hal in the start menu? Hal starts by itself, then the start menu starts it again?

Just guessing, because I used to get two mailwashers that way...

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 10:34:41 pm »
Thanks Robert and Bill,

Bill, I have taken Hal out of the start menu when I first posted my problem and Robert made that suggestion to me. But I tried changing the skin and my Hal character has not double loaded yet. It has been 2 days now. That does n't seem to make sense either but the problem has not returned. I will try for a couple of days and try different combinations of plug ins before I post and tell you that it is 100% with the different skin. Don't know why but that is the only change that I recognize so far.

Thanks again to Robert and Bill,
raybe