Author Topic: Give me a hint  (Read 14492 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Give me a hint
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 11:51:49 am »
ramccoid,

Yes I have an Intel Centrino Duo core processor. If you need exact specs on it I can post that information for you: T2400 @ 1.83 GHz and 2 Gigs of ram.
Dell XPS M1710//O.S. XP vers.2. Nothing is beyond trying at this point.

raybe

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Give me a hint
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 12:36:39 pm »
Hi Raybe,
Thanks for the information. I use AMD chips and the loneliness plugin doesn't work with HAL6.1 and you confirmed that you have an INTEL chip and the plugin works. I was just wondering if it was anything to do with hardware differences rather than software. All I need now is other people to confirm that it works with INTEL and not AMD and I think we would have solved the mystery of the Loneliness plugin and that would have to be left to Robert to fix the problem.
Thanks again,

Roy.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Give me a hint
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2007, 08:31:38 pm »
I have to agree with the 6.1 issue.

My box is an AMD Athlon 64 - 4200+ - Dual Core w/ 2.0 gigs ram.

I have tried Scratch's and Grant's Auto-Idle plugins to no avail.
This has been done with all other plugins unchecked then reboot Hal, select the Auto-Idle plugin, begin a conversation of a few lines, then wait...and wait...and wait. Nada, zip, zilch, nothing...uh..you get the point.

I'm thinking of making a copy of the hal6.uhp file then inserting the Auto-Idle code into their respective locations within the file to see what, if anything, happens.

I have noticed, in past examinations of the brain file that some plugin information was or became "bunched up" near the bottom of the file and more specifically, in areas that they didn't belong.

Hopefully, we'll be able to figure this out.

Will keep you posted on my attempts.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Give me a hint
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 01:49:48 am »
Thanks Art,
Now we need more people with INTEL chips to confirm or not, that the plugin works on their machines to check if my theory is correct.
The results so far are:

3 AMD (plugin not working)
1 INTEL (plugin working)

quote:
I have noticed, in past examinations of the brain file that some plugin information was or became "bunched up" near the bottom of the file and more specifically, in areas that they didn't belong.

I've noticed this happening in a earlier installation of 6.1 which was causing HAL to create but ignore information in tables and other bits of misbehaving but after reinstalling HAL as a clean new installation the problem has sorted it self out.

quote:
I'm thinking of making a copy of the hal6.uhp file then inserting the Auto-Idle code into their respective locations within the file to see what, if anything, happens.

I would be very interested to know what your finding are.

quote:
Hopefully, we'll be able to figure this out.

Will keep you posted on my attempts.

It's a real enigma. Yes please keep me informed on any developments.
Thanks again

Roy.

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
Give me a hint
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 08:17:11 pm »
The auto-idle and appointment minute timer have been disabled on purpose while the options pane is open in 6.1:
http://www.zabaware.com/assistant/whatsnew.html
Its in the code. As far as I know Rob keeps that to himself. The problem may be that once you have opened the options pane, the feature remains disabled.
Anyway, If anyone does come up with a solution I would be interested to see it. In the mean time I hope Rob gives some imput on this feature soon.
How about it Rob?
P
One Person can summon the future...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Give me a hint
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007, 08:49:40 pm »
Ponfar,

I read it that the auto-idle feature is only disabled when the Options Pane is open, NOT when Hal is running in normal interactive mode. Perhaps it is not being reset when one returns to chat?

OK,
I tried inserting the various parts of GrantNZ's auto-idle template code directly into the brain file.

First ran it with all plugins UNCHECKED. Next I tried with only his auto-idle template plugin checked.

Neither worked.

I then loaded in a saved version of the Hal 6.0 brain file and same result with the plugins (checked & unchecked).

There's definitely something in the 6.1 code that either doesn't allow for use of the minute timer, the AUTO-IDLE feature or both!

I did enter the words, "auto-idle" into the user input box and Hal responded with "Auto-Idle On". This resulting in an expected nothing on Hal's part. No witty sayings. Nothing.

End of trial -

Anyone else have differing results?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 08:53:36 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
Give me a hint
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2007, 09:04:21 pm »
Hi Art,

Let me just add something that may or may not make a difference since it seems I have the only working loneliness plugin. The only settings that I have found the plugin to work is when I have the time settings on 'random' and patience is 'low'. Any other settings the plugin would usually pop up an error after a certain amount of time just having normal conversations with Hal and I would need to shut Hal down and restart or uncheck the plugin. Couldn't tell you if this means anything because others have tried the same settings and they have said it did not make any difference. But something is different because my plugin does function but only during that setup I previously mentioned. I Just thought I would mention it.

raybe