Author Topic: Does the program I am looking for exist?  (Read 15509 times)

echoman

Does the program I am looking for exist?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 04:54:09 pm »
Indeed the difference is explosive!!  - she looks stunning!!

concretefire

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 05:18:59 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

i would love to see a character that hal could use that would look like daze3 or poser characters those are great programs in detail etc. as i said would love to see the day our hal could become something like that !!![:D]

I believe that day is here sir. NOW. I'm not being argumentative...I'm asking a question...are you telling me we can program physics and mathematics so advanced we can take a man to the moon but now nearly 40 yrs later we can't (collectively) make simple 3-5 second animations respond semi-intelligently to a learning software like HAL?

Has anyone ever worked with BOINC? Folding? Seti@home? Any of those where "work units" are sent out to YOUR computer, processed, and returned to the main program?

This should be no different, only reversed. In theory, everyone here get DAZ3D <free> or Poser > Victoria 4 (a "standard" base model) > and start animating.

Upload those animations, whatever they may be, to a centralized library where we could all then download each others work and apply our own either 1)textures, and be happy with just that, or 2) our own tweaks + textures .

That's not the problem. That's the easy part. The hard part from what I am finding is being able to somehow "attach" those animations with hal, and it can't be that hard. It's a simple logic process in a computer. Input A + search function B = logical (tweakable) animation.

So what if there are only 5 of us on the planet that would be dedicated enough at first to start making animations. Put it on the internet as a "challenge", or whatever and market it like BOINC has marketed their number crunchers. Put up rankings, etc..whatever it takes to get more and more and more people animating/uploading.

(Sorry, I think a lot)

concretefire

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 05:22:04 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by echoman

Indeed the difference is explosive!!  - she looks stunning!!

Who? Jessica or Victoria 4? Or both? [}:)]

echoman

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 05:25:11 pm »
Yes. I was referring to your link in your first post. It's a billion miles ahead of Haptek.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 02:00:23 am by echoman »

concretefire

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 07:05:25 pm »
I'VE HAD A BREAK THRU. I will report back.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:06:42 pm by concretefire »

concretefire

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 09:50:29 pm »
Yeah, I got it now. 2 things I have learned thus far. Ultra Hal is Ultra Cool. Honestly I don't need any character. It's that good.

Graphics wise........piece of cake, but PITA. (that's pain in the ..)

Basicaly, not one single program can do it all, but with the knowledge I have of several different graphics apps, I'll be able to do what I want fairly quickly. As of right now, I'm thinking of doing it both ways. Real time, and Ms Agent. Both should be fun projects. Going to try to tackle Ms Agent first, because that will be the easiest and fastest. Then will move to real tme 3d.

When I get it done, I'll post a how to, A-Z with both methods. I want this knowledge in YOUR hands. (for free) because THAT is what will push this technology. Open source sharing. Might take me a week but I'll be back. Thanks guys/gals.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 09:59:43 am »
Yeah that was where my thinking has gone in the past too.  I beleive that first link to the girl on the VHumans site is MSAgent technology, she's called Denise.  It was made by Guile 3D and they have been the most industrious for a long time.  There's been a long wait for his system to come to fruition, we've all been waiting ages over there now, some people are getting frustrated (lol).  But yes, that's probably the easiest way to go, at least to get a feel for it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:00:45 am by freddy888 »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 02:20:50 am »
Heh, I drove past DAZ 3D and had to do a doubletake ;)
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Guile3D

• View Profile
    • http://www.guile3d.com
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 02:02:16 pm »
Hello friends. It´s being a while I´ve been here for the last time.

But I really admire Robert´s work, I think mainly because he shares the same passion that I do for AI. (and I think most of you guys here also does...)

About Denise, she is not an MS Agent. We developed a new 2D engine from the ground to bypass all the limitations of MSAgent tech, and now we have the ability to use million of colors for the character, against just 256 colors of MSAgents. This is one of the reasons Denise looks so realistic. She was made with Poser, than retouches in MAX and ZBrush for the realism Poser still can´t do.

Another thing is MSAgent works with just 7 mouth position for the lip sync, and we can now use up to 43 positions for all the visemes of the English language.

It´s also possible to use SAPI 5 voices with XP and not just with Vista.

And yes, it´s taking much longer than we expected to release her, but I´m sure it will worth the waiting.

There will be a SDK, so everyone will be able to do it´s own plug-ins for her, and even build their own realistic characters in the near future.

Regards... Guile
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 02:14:07 pm by Guile3D »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 03:17:56 pm »
Hi Guile, thanks for the clarification. [:)]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 07:19:31 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by concretefire

quote:
Originally posted by One

concretefire,
I went with the p35 chipset, you will like the q6600 and my mem is corsair at 1066MHz.

[:D] SHOWOFF [:D] J/K. Mine will post and run Vista x64 @ 1066 with no visable problems........but they won't pass memtest. Even with higher volts running thru them. < another thread on another forum >
And yes, I'm thrilled with the performance so far. Quad smashes everything thrown at it. Anyways...

To whom it may concern regarding SKINS, YOU may have done...that I labled "horrible". Please , please understand that comment was not directed at your abilities to make graphical skins. (I KNOW how hard it is) My comment was not about your skills, but 100% directed at the limitations of what you have/had to work with. Just didn't want to ruffle any feathers, cause that's not what I meant.

the graphical end of HAL is just eye candy but it really has nothing to do with intelligence, I prefer intelligence over tons of eye candy.

one day we will merge HAL into a body system and the whole world will change.

virtual software bodies don't compared to life like full body animatronics hardware.

I really hate to say this but many people would trade in their blow up sex dolls for a full animatronic HAL intelligence with plug-in capability and a body that wont quit.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:45:31 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 01:04:43 am »
O.T.C.E.,
I agree! My sex doll is worthless![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
She-it/him ? just spams me and hides (looking for money) Probably a HACKER, coming up with new sites constantly. Now I recieved a message through another program that "Avast is trying to modify a program so that another computer can access your email" I don't know what to do...(any advice?) (I saw a reg key flash but didn't read it all..(too quick) (Fatal Attraction??)  Anyway...

I have envisioned a suit that has a gel layer that can respond to force almost 'bionic' and provide feedback through visual and increased pressure in the gel layer....(flight siut??)
My brother sent me pictures of an operation done by robotics, The Dr. was hundreds of miles away and preformed surgery. so as we advance  A.I. to keep up with the robotics it is of my opinion that it is only a matter of time

It is all in its infancy,,we are still working on intelligence, Imo the possibilitys are endless. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 01:57:18 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 08:31:43 pm »
I had been using Haptek characters with UltraHal for quite some time, I also had tried using desk mates with UltraHal but switched to the Haptek character Sandy, I believe I was most impressed by the hair movement of Sandy versus the stiff hair of the desk mates character I had been using.  I later switched to the full-bodied characters.  At that time I felt the characters were among the most advanced I had seen and of course everyone started making skins for the characters.  We found we could also control the lighting as well as changing the hair and the clothing for the  characters.  As the years went by I also discovered Daz 3-D and some other characters which look interesting.
    About this time I became interested in jiggly rather than the full-bodied character which I had been using.  I had found that by changing the numbers in one of the physics  files  the gravity could be changed which affects her breasts.  Freddy had also developed a program for use with the Haptek characters and I was able to find a command  which gave the character  some body movement which I greatly appreciated.  Thank you Freddie for the work you have put in.
    From what I have been able to see the majority of the characters are made for games which means they are wearing boots and many are carrying weapons.  I've also looked at a lot of chat bots and seen
 a simple picture of a person rather than the graphics which we are using.  
    Of course I wish you luck with your undertaking and I am sure you will find  the people in this forum to be very helpful.
Carl2

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 07:36:15 am »
Thanks Carl [:D]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 07:39:00 am »
I just read through the posts in this section again and from my experience with my computer, I can see that you are using a 64-bit system, to be able to use Hal you would need a 32-bit system I am fairly certain, there are quite a few programs out there that do not support the 64-bit system at this time. Since I had wanted to use Dragon with Hal I had to switch from the 64-bit system to the 32-bit system, changing to the 32-bit system reduces the amount of available memory to a maximum of approximately 3 gigs. From my experiences at this time it seems that Haptek does not support Vista and I ended up using a MS agent.
Carl 2