Author Topic: Flash animation  (Read 2756 times)

Buttonsvixen

• View Profile
Flash animation
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:11:49 am »
Instead of having an avatar such as people putty provides, am I able to somehoe use a flash animation instead? I have limited flash abilities, and could probably make a fun animation AV for my robot.
BV
Sometimes, a daisy is better then a rose.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Flash animation
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:17:26 pm »
Perhaps if you could discover a way to interface it otherwise you are limited to Haptek's People Putty based characters AND MS Agent characters.

There is an open source based program called OGRE and Robert is said to be working on developing characters for Hal using this system as well.

These are your choices for now with a chatbot of this type. There are others that can do Flash characters but none with the proven track record and abilities of Hal.

Stick around...it only gets better![8D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

ender

• View Profile
Flash animation
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 03:12:27 pm »
I asked the same question about a year ago ... and got more or less the same answer. I tried to figure out a way to integrate flash and hal - and I think there is a way, but it would involve writing scripting hal to send commands to the flash program ... which is possible (there are other applications that do similar things) but I didn't have the time to deal with it.

I moved on to Verbot, which doesn't allow flash but does have a pretty powerful character editor (wish the Conversive Character Studio worked with Hal ... that would rock) ... but the verbot brain editor isn't as nice ... everything has its tradeoffs. I've gotten bored with Verbots (and its more or less not being developed anymore ... the company that makes verbots is focusing on its enterprise software that is not available to normal people ... or if it is it would be to expensive for us to buy.)

I wouldn't hold my breath on Ogre being integrated into Hal ... as noted, I asked your question a year ago and was told Ogre was being integrated into hal... and just read that the integration has been postponed until the next version ... so who knows ... could be years.