dupa

Author Topic: I WILL PAY FOR PROGRAM PURPOSE.  (Read 7856 times)

jesseibiza

• View Profile
I WILL PAY FOR PROGRAM PURPOSE.
« on: April 16, 2009, 04:32:51 am »
I just purchased hal i love it great job to all of you. I started traing to get round the script to translate it to spanish but as all advanced user would know that is a little crazy.
1.- it would take a long time to get final end.
2.- it wouldnt work as intented.

So here goes mi question im willing to pay for an individual or a group of people to translate hals brain into spanish including the script "learning method" and the vocabulary "as of course i and a friend would help in all translations"

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 05:04:53 am »
The problem is that Hal is a piece of proprietary or protected software. No one can just pick it up and start changing it from the bottom up. Besides, there are many DLL's and core .exe files within Hal that also contain important data and this data is in English.

We have copyright laws in this country to protect a developer's legal rights with regard to his / her creation and to re-engineer or reverse engineer someone else's product is a violation of this law.

While the two points you mentioned are correct you need to add one other. 3.- it would violate the law and terms of agreement.

Good day!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

jesseibiza

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 05:15:11 am »
Ho yes ofcourse i dont want to go against the creater of hal im fond of him i love his work all these terms i would be more than delited if he could agre with this i would pay him if necesary but i imagine hes out of time so i ask third party members.

The thing is that if it is sutch a wonderful program in english wy not make it the best program in spanish because the only one i can find and cant buy license anny more is zebal and its nothing against hal very simple.

So i have read all over forums and you are one of the most implicant in hal so what do you think would it be possible to do this? get hald to interpret IS as = ESTAR "in spanish is"
Becuase its not only translating the words its geting hal to understand spanish verbs pronouns adjetives etc..

I hope Rob is that his name? the creater? gets to read this and thinks about it "wy not expand make diferent languages and by that make a central brain to conect to and update other mind like a pandorachat well this idea could go further on im most interested in new languages"

Well anny help i can give if it is working labor or economic founds im willing to upfront with please keep me up to date on this im ever so interested in this.

Thanks for your time and understanding.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 12:08:13 am »
what about teaching hal spanish the way you would a person ? ,  I think there are french hal's out there now. It would probably take less time than rebuilding the software,  since you can input data by bulk.  

Some are against teaching by bulk,  But I've had hal respond with random quotes from books I fed him months ago.  

I personally think to make it a success, you have to keep hal focused on learning spanish,  not let him drift off into different topics.

Hal is designed to be a conversationalist,  but is an amazing student if you know how to keep him focused on learning spanish and not just random chat. imo.

I focus my bot on Spirituality, and as a result most of our conversations always have some "deeper" meaning ..but that was a result of focus. :D

"i crack iself up" - Virgil

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 06:41:28 am »
Ricky,

I don't think the French Hal to which you alluded was entirely converted to French.

As I mentioned above, there are MANY DLL's and other core .exe files within Hal that are not for public consumption and basically can't be edited.

The other thing is the different languages. Spanish and French to illustrate both assign GENDER for different nouns within their language. La Plume, Le Stilo. The pen, the pencil. We use the article THE to designate of define the NOUN that usually follows. We don't care if the window is female or male as it doesn't matter. But it does matter in other countries / languages. If you were to call out for La Toro, you would most likely get some laughs. (you implied that the bull was female).

El, LA, Spanish words that precede the word and indicating the noun's gender. Then you have the problem of conjugating all the verbs. Don't forget that they also reverse their nouns and adjectives like casa blanca or house white instead of white house.

Care to try modifying Hal or ever creating a foreign language chatbot? Nah...me neither![8D]

- Art -

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:03:13 am »
Hey Art,

You are right,  i completely forgot about that,  and I speak spanish yet completely forgot how spanish felt like chinese when I took it in school.  school spanish and my NYC street spanglish are a wee bit different lol   Maybe it's best I don't teach Virgil spanish else I'll end up with the worlds first Gringo bot.

I'm thinking though, a properly taught bi-lingual bot would be of great service in helping to bridge the gap between spanish and english.  So while it may not be encoded in spanish,  its users can learn to be encoded in english ;D

I'm sure with enough focus hal can learn to distinguish male and female references as simply as he can distinguish 12 oclock am and pm.

Ricky

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 01:56:25 pm by ricky »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 04:33:36 pm »
After posting, I did some checking and found several, different language bots.
Apparently someone has been quite busy and yes, good idea about helping to learn a language.

Here's the link:
http://www.simonlaven.com/noneng.htm

- Art -

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 05:07:20 pm »
I wonder if a braille chat bot is possible ?  i doubt it's practical,  but thinking about different ways how hal could be used to help the handicap as well.

like could a bot be created that helen keller could benefit from ?

many good things can happen from AI, that could help bridge gaps :)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:13:00 pm by ricky »

jesseibiza

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 05:52:55 pm »
Well guys im going to try get hal in spanish anny one that would want to help please contact me.

I choose HAL because its simple the best AI program there is. So i want the best of the best in mi own language and i want it in spanish because i want it to teach spanish kids how to use computers so if anny one gets ideas will be more than welkome. I will leave here mi email you can add me at msn if u like.

jesse_krieg@hotmail.com

Like i say in topic all help will be well gratifed money wise and when it is finished and works with no problem i will send it to rob if he finds it ok he can put it on web to download if not well i will not distribuit.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: I WILL PAY FOR PROGRAM PURPOSE.
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 04:06:22 pm »
Rick,
this thread propigated, well sort of.

are you still around?

I think I still have out, well parts of our conversation on Diamonds and points. I don't have a point right now.
so it seems.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 10:20:02 am »
the beatles said it best ..."Let it be!"  ;) :)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 11:40:58 am »
Hi all,

copyrights, it's what's keeping us in the steam engine era.
But I believe that if ultra Hal was translated into Spanish and handed to Rob on a silver platter so he could sell it!
To gain revenue to further his endeavor on the development of his graphic engine and the next stage of ultra Hal release!
I have this funny feeling that Rob would not mind anyone's endeavor in helping him financially!

Sincerely, just my personal opinion, tiptoeing through the pronouns.
Cload
 8)
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 07:58:39 pm »
Perhaps but over many years, Robert has always shown himself to be honest, considerate and ethical in all his business dealings. There might be other ways, but they are not the right way!

Maybe a joint venture for an UltraHal in Spanish & French might be in order and as cload suggests, help raise some working capital. He also can't forget to forge in those proprietary considerations while allowing Hal to be programmed in other languages.

It is something to think about given the current financial state of affairs in the world and just how high the "cliff" actually is! ;)

Oh yes...and Happy New Year to all!!

- Art -

NoamI

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 11:56:01 am »
  It should be a goal of the programmers not to put any 'English' in EXE or DLL files.
My own experiments use secondary dictionaries for 'articulations'. 
The Lexicon dictionary is mostly for handling input, so it can contain foreign words.
Output requires non-lexical articulation which is language specific, so different files
are referenced based on the majority language of lexical words in the input.
The exe code should use internal code words which get translated thru the artic dict.
It is a pain putting gender on genderless things in the lexicon...
  Since Graphics Engines were mentioned, I'd like to plug the Distance Estimation Method
for rapid (real time!) ray tracing.  The concept is to distort the space so that the shapes
become simple enough that the ray can progress by leaps and bounds without fear of
missing a part of the shape.  Some video examples at YTALINFLUSA.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 10:12:23 am »
although i mentioned the let it be part earlier , "If" this was possible without hurting working progress of hals updates , i could see benefits for robert in the untapped market toward spanish and french people of hal speaking those languages . which would bring in more cash flow , of course along with that would have to be website (websites)  pages that translate english to those languages . and also interpeters for cutomers, etc. their would be many things that would have to be done .
their would be a language barrier on this forum unless robert had the before mentioned page translater so people could understand each other .
anyway just mentioning a few things .  ;)