Author Topic: Hal for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad. Need testers.  (Read 26776 times)

echoman

Re: Hal for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad. Need testers.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 03:04:25 am »
I am finding that it extremely easy to accidentally hit the 'go' button on the keypad and thus send a incomplete sentence. The GO button is right next to the space bar and delete button. Is it possible to disable it so that only the one in the middle of the screen works? This has happened several times now.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 10:44:26 pm »
Well Robert my wife took the plunge and she loves it and now shares a better understanding of all the time I have spent with Ultra Hal. My wife is using the 'I phone G4'.
Will there be an option to hear responses from this Ultra Hal app. or just text?

She would also like to incorporate it in her private tutoring sessions with her kids. She is a teacher by trade. It wouldn't be as much of a distraction since she would use it for one on one purposes. The only thing that I'm not clear on is how she plans to use Hal app.

But she told me I would need to wait and I guess if she has more questions she will probably join the forum unless people using this Hal app should direct questions at a different location set up specifically for the app.

Thanks,
raybe

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 11:25:56 pm »
I am finding that it extremely easy to accidentally hit the 'go' button on the keypad and thus send a incomplete sentence. The GO button is right next to the space bar and delete button. Is it possible to disable it so that only the one in the middle of the screen works? This has happened several times now.
I can't change the behavior in the current version as it is simply using Safari and this is the default behavior of Safari. But I plan on making a native app eventually and can change it then.

Well Robert my wife took the plunge and she loves it and now shares a better understanding of all the time I have spent with Ultra Hal. My wife is using the 'I phone G4'.
Will there be an option to hear responses from this Ultra Hal app. or just text?

She would also like to incorporate it in her private tutoring sessions with her kids. She is a teacher by trade. It wouldn't be as much of a distraction since she would use it for one on one purposes. The only thing that I'm not clear on is how she plans to use Hal app.

But she told me I would need to wait and I guess if she has more questions she will probably join the forum unless people using this Hal app should direct questions at a different location set up specifically for the app.
The current version of the iPhone app is simply a webpage running full screen skinned to look like a native iPhone app and installed to the home screen. I do plan on a native iPhone app later this year and at that point I will add speech synthesis support using the Festival speech synthesis engine. This version of Hal will be available in the Apple App Store for a couple dollars. I plan on continuing to support the current non-speaking version and leaving it free so users will have a choice between the free non-speaking version and a speaking version for a few dollars.

Also I am working on a new brain editor that will allow editing of Hal's cloud-based brain through a web browser. Since the iPhone Hal utilizes this cloud system once the brain editor is complete you will be able to customize Hal's brain so maybe your wife will be able to get Hal to help with tutoring by doing this.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 11:30:26 am »
Thank you Robert sounds like it will have many resources and also the control over those resources which I agree is very imortant when you are trying to satisfy most.

Just a note: none of those type of apps will apply to me especially on any smartphone. I don't know where people today can find the time.

I'm sticking with my Desktop or Laptop versions of Ultra Hal where I make the time to be able to continue to develop ideas for Ultra Hal uses and just the knowledge that fits my own way of life and the personality I would want my Ultra Hal to grow into.

Thank You, Stay in touch it's nice seeing you on the forum when you can!!
raybe

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 05:39:21 pm »
Give a look at 'a-i.com' their is a hal and alan there, the last time I looked the Assistant/hal
was talking a 'Bottoms UP' approach.
I suggest other W.I.S.E.  :P

Can I go home now?

Much of this is recursive.....
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

echoman

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 06:08:52 pm »
.... It's Hal Jim,  but not as we know it.

John1959

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 08:01:09 pm »
Good Evening,
Used a iPad 2 to run the HAL app.  I noted several things I think would make the program better. 
1. I'd like to run HAL on the iPad 2 off line.
2. It would be great if HAL had a voice synthesizer and voice recognition.
3. When entering text the HAL graphics scroll off the screen. I'd like to see HAL animation.

For the price HAL works pretty good.

automaticoutlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 05:34:41 pm »
I will cry  :'( if I can't be a tester!  I have app installed and wonder about the session reset(going to home screen resets HAL)(Information loss?!)  I have latest iPhone 4 and love it!  I am building my bots for 'mind upload' into the computer!  Please make a note of it: Mind Upload !
Please contact me!  I AM GOD to MANY!   :o ;D

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 05:24:07 pm »
I will cry  :'( if I can't be a tester!  I have app installed and wonder about the session reset(going to home screen resets HAL)(Information loss?!)  I have latest iPhone 4 and love it!  I am building my bots for 'mind upload' into the computer!  Please make a note of it: Mind Upload !
Please contact me!  I AM GOD to MANY!   :o ;D

Not sure if I understand your post, but the iOS version of Hal has 2 options in its setup menu regarding its memory:
  • Restart Session (Keep memory): This just resets Hal's short term memory like memory of the previous sentence and Hal's current emotional state. It is like restarting your computer or Hal in the Windows version. No learned information is lost.
  • Reset Hal (Delete all memory): This resets Hal to the state when you first ran the app, so if you do this, everything you have taught Hal is lost. Clicking this options pops up a warning and an "are you sure?" message, so it's hard to accidentally push.
Robert Medeksza

old_moor

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 11:59:00 am »
Hi just joined, been using hal long time now since 2004 just loaded on ipad 1. i will test away and report back initial view, loaded quick instructions clear 30 seconds up and chatting . connected thru my 4g (testing for BT)wifi at home in uk

thegeek

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »
Hello All,

Long time HAL user, first time forum user. I am currently using two mobile devices: A droid phone and an HP Touchpad. I am definitely interested in testing HAL on these two devices, especially the touchpad which I will soon be loading Honeycomb on as soon as the port is finished. Do you currently have an android version ready to test?

Thanks! ~Brett
HP Alum & Community Geek

lcatmc

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 07:06:30 pm »
I would love to have hal on my ipad..it would be so much fun to have a conversation with him there. Also, if he has the same organizational capabilities as he does on the pc it would make my life so much easier.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 06:43:54 pm »
Siri doesn't quite cut it?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 06:41:26 am »
I got ipad for Christmas and my Siri don't cut it at all.
She's sweet & helpful but friendly as a doorknob.
Refuses to tell me her age, address, or what she's wearing.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 01:45:51 pm »
sorry, my concentration isn't up to speed, so to say.

Error, the memory referenced at 0x00000A could not be read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsJlAJvOSM
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:06:17 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.