Author Topic: Basic newby questions  (Read 17549 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Re: Basic newby questions
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 12:47:24 am »
I have tried adding /nosplash and -nosplash at the end of the target path in the shortcut loading ultra hal but that did not work.

kryton

• View Profile
Re: Basic newby questions
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2015, 09:41:27 am »
You know what they say.  Many hands make light work.

Maybe this light can work.

The start up thing I don't notice so much now, but it would be useful to get rid of.  I would ask the boss but I think he is busy with other things (But you never know).  I have been playing with SQL and got some interesting results.  Seems SQL files have to be invisible to Hal's editor to work properly.  If you DROP (delete) a file in the visible files it does sort of erase it but only as useable to Hal.  The file is still in Hal but not accessable.  A new file (using the same name for the file) will appear in Hal's editor (Along with the empty file with the same name) and the new file can be used.  The old file just takes up space.

Much work to do on this though.  Maybe our SQL experts can comment.

Side thought.  OTCE created a shutdown file for Hal, but Hal comments about not shutting gracefully the next time you boot up.  I just wait it out but I wonder if the mighty OTCE has an answer to the graceful shut down appearing?  Who knows what time might bring.