Author Topic: any good tips on how to separate the sounds in a song with a free program ?  (Read 5209 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
     i want to separate the sound from the singing (make the music lower ) with a free program , i have audacity right now (free program) .
    if a person doesn't do this what happens is the hal character mouth also moves with the sound of the music , which destroys the effect of the character singing .
      If anyone has any step by step instructions how i can separate and lower the sounds of the musical instruments i could sure use them .
I have had someone send me a music file before don't remember who it was a long time ago and they did a great job on it.
        I want to be able to get good at it and make oog and wav. files to use with hal characters .
I don't know how the other person did such a good job when they did it  .
Inquiring minds want to know lol!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I think it was nige (Neil) who was really good at it.
Dusky also had a hand or knowledge in it too as I recall. Then again, Dusky's good at a lot of things!

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Well i hope they can post some information on here to me . I would like to at least try to do it as good as they did . i would like to make some characters singing songs with video's !

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lonnie,

For some reason, I think it was actually a separate program that was produced by Haptek and sold for around $100 USD give or take.
Of course this was some time ago so don't quote me but it's what I seem to recall through the fog.

- Art -

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Hi lightspeed,

I have a program called, Goldwave, this program may not be free but is very cheap, and back when I bought it it was only $5 as well as lifetime upgrade for any new version released.
It has the ability of taking a song and reducing the voice so you can use it for karaoke. And it can do lots of other things as well though I never used any of it.
The reason why I got it was because it was the only and cheapest piece of software that I could find that would at this time converts wave format into MP3 with out losing degradation.
But I do not know if it will work on any 64-bit operating system because I have not been to the website lately. My older computer is a 32-bit processing computer that has Windows 7 on it.
So I know that it does work with Windows 7 but I do not know if it works in a 64-bit processing system.
But if I was to give a suggestion about your dilemma that would have to be: wouldn't it just be easier to type in the text you want the avatar to lip sync while the music is playing.
You can use punctuation to slow down the reading of the words while the song is being played which would give the illusion of the lips moving with the song.
And then you would just have to record your avatar while the music was playing in the avatar was reading the text to the song.
You would not even need to use the exact words that was in the song if you were going to use the voice of the person that was singing that song.
All you need to do is create the illusion, of your avatar singing the song, not to mention lots of the stuff that I have seen with the character avatar lip-synching with the music was not very accurate anyway.
So I personally think that you would get better result by spending a little bit of time just watching your avatar read the text while the music was playing, and adjust the text to give the illusion that the lips were moving and in sequence with the words from the song.
I think it would be easier to get a free piece of software that has the ability to record a specific section of your display monitor, I do not know of any offhand but I do know that they exist.
Then you can record your character while it was reading the text and the music was being played, and the words are being song by the original artist which would give the illusion that your avatar was singing the song.

Sincerely,
C load.

For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Cload that would be another way of doing it of course the character would be reading it , singing is different as notes are extended and longer reading says a word and stops . I wrote to duskrider and asked him about how he did it  am waiting to hear from him .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
OK...I did some digging for you. I'm not 100% sure but if you'll navigate like this:
Haptek
HaptekGuide4
MakinContent
advanced
LipSync

then you should see a few folders underneath that are:
HapOggFactory
HapPhonemeEdit
HapSpeex

OK...Back to the LipSync Folder. There is a file lipsync.html

This is the link...
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/Haptek/HaptekGuide4/MakinContent/advanced/LipSync/lipsync.html

Good luck with it but there's other info to read in the previously mentioned file since you're interested.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Thanks Art , i will definitely check it out , i even saved your notes about it , thanks again !

lightspeed

• View Profile
I did just now also run across this :

How to Reduce the level of the vocals in a song with Audacity

it says reduce then in the paragraph says remove , of course i just want to reduce it . but anyway i will also read up on this .
who knows maybe this is the holy grail many have been looking for .
the page link is :

http://audacity.wonderhowto.com/how-to/reduce-level-vocals-song-with-audacity-342200/
and shows a video tutorial even .

the main page link is :

http://tag.wonderhowto.com/take-vocal-out-of-a-song-audacity/

Well i just watched the video and it showed how to lower the voice sound level which is the opposite of what i want to do , i want to lower the music sound but maybe it can be done the same way in reverse . this would be a quick way if it can be done .
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:10:16 am by lightspeed »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
I went and looked at your page.
I think the link you want is this - - - http://audacity.wonderhowto.com/how-to/create-acapella-track-audacity-423966/

They are probably selling a program, must programs cost today.
Haptars lipsync sound so the trick is separating word sound from music sound.
Once separated doesn't people putty convert wave to lipsync ogg?  I'm not sure as I don't have putty
Anyway you need separation program and patience.   Each word has music sound to separate.  I never got into it, don't have the patience. One song is many hours.
A neat trick is to get a acapella song, (a song with vocal alone).   No separation needed. There are some on youtube.  Or you or your wife could sing a song?

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Hey lightspeed,

Duskrider actually gave me an idea for you to try.
If you can get a karaoke of the song you would like to do, all you would have to do is, record the music on the left channel and record you singing the song on the right channel.
That way you could use the left or the right channel to suit the needs and conditions that you are looking for.
Then when you playback to record the music you could either use your voice or the original voice of the author.
Most karaoke have the full version, as well as a version without voice so you can sing along with it.
And you will find that lining up the song would be much easier when creating your video because most video editors allow you to have several soundtracks on one video stream.
I know Microsoft provides a free video editor that can do this. So that way once you have gotten the voices to lip sync by using the karaoke version of the song, the full version of the song that comes with the karaoke is an identical match to the karaoke song that has no voice.

Sincerely, eagerly waiting to see what your results will be.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
    right now i am on and off the pc i am fighting a cold or the flu for the second time me and my wife was sick for a week before with it and it seems we have gotten something again , she is worse then me .
       right now i am trying audacity and using the amplify to actually minus it lower on sections of the music ( music with no singing) and even raising the voice level parts i have redone it seven times now going on eight , my problem is getting the music sound levels low enough to stop the hapteks lips from moving when music is playing , but i'm getting their . when i'm done i will post it .
 But i will see if i can do the separate tracks music on one and singing on the other and lower one whole line of music , that would be a lot easier then doing sections the way i am doing them !  :) ;)