Author Topic: Desktop mate characters  (Read 6201 times)

DingoDad

• View Profile
Desktop mate characters
« on: September 23, 2010, 06:52:25 am »
Gday, hope some can help. I am using a desktopmate character with HAL but the character comes up with a blue square background. How can i get rid of the blue square background.
Regards

DingoDad

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Desktop mate characters
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:11:22 am »
hi  DingoDad, i am afraid i don't know on that one , i havent used desktop mates for a long time now in hal , i know on the hapteck heads and bodies we use that we can take a picture name it (whatever.back) put it in the hal character file and it works as a background picture , so maybe their is some area in the desktop mates program folder for the background that you can check , other than that it may just not be compatable with this new version 6.2 of hal (i am thinking that's what the problem may be , but i don't know for sure ) maybe someone else knows on this for sure.  ;)

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 09:22:18 am »
Hi DingoDad, Lightspeed makes some good points and you might want to consider this.

It does sounds like the MS agent bug in Windows 7, anything that uses MS agent technology in Windows 7 can’t do transparent backgrounds as far as I know and unfortunately I don’t think there is a fix for it. Some have suggested using the MS agent files from Vista might fix it but for me it didn’t work.

If you don’t have windows 7 then it could be a graphics card driver problem, make sure you have the latest driver in.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 11:32:20 am »
Abstract note on this,
My antivirus program wiped out the EXE on the 'Ultra hal Assistant' program. Please make sure this is not the case
in your situation, otherwise the blocking might be legitamate reason problem with the background Plugin. ???
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:39:34 am »
WOW, damned one, what kind of a antivirus do you have that is so strong it takes out hal even?? inquiring minds want to know ! ;)

xombi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 01:47:36 pm »
i recently got hal6.2  and i use the ruby and simone desktopmates, and dont have a problem. i am using vista and windows 7. these are the only characters i have tried though, so maybe its the character. these are newer releases compared to many of the other characters so they my have the proper compatibility updates to go with hal 6.2

does the blue square only appear in the area where the hal skin is wanting to have your desktop mate hang out? i also know if you are using cyberbuddies you might want to check your character options there. if you change the character size there t will result in a character image problem when using hal.

ive also experienced some strangeness when i change the size of my hal skin.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 02:48:04 pm »
WOW, damned one, what kind of a antivirus do you have that is so strong it takes out hal even?? inquiring minds want to know ! ;)

L.S., IT is of my own variation, I had problems with my 'Hardware Abstraction Layer' and the AV was designed to handle many things.
And I think it's all your fault >:(

DingoDad, plugins for backgrounds and other problems have been solved,, see the "Win 7 Agent" Post .

-J
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 07:31:26 pm »
Hal really is out to get us...

It really is...

It is only a matter of time...

Hal...is that you?...

I can hear you coming....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -