Author Topic: yaw cam problems  (Read 17053 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: yaw cam problems
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2016, 07:31:42 am »
  Well I've got the Creative cam up and running,  I added facial recognition and took it out because it wants the password that I don't have.  The motion detection is no longer available but there are other programs out there.  So I'm beginning to realize this is just motion detection that takes a pic when there is movement and when Hal receives the pic he talks,  He actually has no idea what is in the pic.
  As far as the pic location my cam has a default location which can be changed to anywhere and they are all given a series of numbers.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2016, 09:54:40 am »
carl2, the creative cam you had , does it also have the facial recognition or is that a seperate program? just wondering,  also i am unsure what good facil recognition would really do for hal, one thing i guess is if you could write in a script response to the the "listed " multiple face recognitions , then if hal saw it was me he would recognize the face and say hello Lightspeed i see its you, and if he seen carl 2 and recognized him said hi carl2 .

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2016, 12:58:56 pm »
lightspeed,
  The program is called fast access and is meant for facial recognition when you first start the computer, I used it in the past, this install of windows I left out the password.  Using the software it sees your face and ( I'm guessing it recognizes you and puts the password in ).  It also has avatars you can use and the Avatar will copy your facial expression similar to what Shaw was talking about for his Haptek charcters.
  At this time all I know is the software compares what is in front of the camera and compares it to what it saw earlier in setup and lets you into windows.  Some of the latest AI vision software can recognize pictures of different objects and it's open source, I think it's a bit over my head but it is out there for free.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 10:05:12 am »
carl2 wrote:  Using the software it sees your face and ( I'm guessing it recognizes you and puts the password in )

Yes Carl this does sound correct on what you said.
it does sound luike an interesting free open source program.
Like i mentioned to Art, although the motion detection doesn't actually give hal , actual vision , it can give a faux vision (if a person wants that) or to change it over to let hal a.i. start up conversation first without having to be talked to and get a response.

I have often wondered on some facial recognition if it might not work if a person had an accident which changed some features , a sickness etc. but i guess that all depends on the quality level of the programming for facial recognition.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 12:39:06 pm »
Until I upgraded(?) to Windows 10, I always used Facial Recognition to LogOn to my computer. There were time that I hadn't shaved, combed hair or just woke up completely disheveled and puffy-eyed, yet it did recognize me and allowed me access. Sometimes it would take a bit longer than normal but it did work.
The software was some Face Rec program from Lenovo (my desktop computer).

Years ago I had a biometric scanner that scanned my fingerprint to allow me access. The same fingerprint scanner supplied my passwords for any site I visited. Instead of me typing or remembering those passwords, the fingerprint scan input those passwords for me with a swipe of my fingertip.

Now, Windows 10 wants to control practically EVERYTHING. It's difficult to turn off the User Account Control although I've reset all the switches. It still does what it likes from time to time. No need to worry about Spyware any longer...Windows 10 is Full of it!!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 03:44:05 pm »
  I'm pretty sure the Fast Access software would log you into all your websites automatically but since I don't have a windows password I can't use it and it is not free, I'm sure Creative has a contract with them.  I'd just made a sturdy mount from the monitor to the cam.  It's rather nice since it has pan and zoom, facial tracking, and buttons to move up, down and sideways instead of moving the cam which I did earlier.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 05:54:58 pm »
Just came across this and figured it might be something like this. Probably better to remove it than have it on the system.
http://tips4pc.com/windows_seven_tips/remove-fast-access-facial-recognition-from-your-dell-laptop.htm

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2016, 07:09:20 am »
Lots of laptops come with cams and some manufactures put in facial recognition, in most cases the graphics is handled by the cpu.  I like desktops and always put in a graphics card.  One thing I liked about the Creative cam was it has it's own processor built in.
Carl2